Author Topic: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line  (Read 79879 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2016, 12:13 PM »
I just wonder if they'll phase out $14 SA for this "compromise" in the 5 PoA and steadily build up articulation along with price point to get the new generation suckered in that are just starting to collect figures.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2016, 01:10 PM »
I just wonder if they'll phase out $14 SA for this

psst - they already started that process three years ago.  Probably just a formality until they put a final bullet in it and get to blame it's death on Walmart...  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2016, 01:43 PM »
No kidding. When is Hasbro going to stop caring about making money and give us an 87 point of articulation figure for $1.99. I mean really Hasbro.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2016, 02:28 PM »
I think you missed my point, Nick.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2016, 03:01 PM »
I think you missed my point, Nick.

No, I got your point. Hook em at "cheaper" figs w/ no articulation and then when you raise the price because the figs are nicer you've still got them hooked.

You just got the brunt of my annoyance with every (of course that's exaggeration) post about Hasbro and the new line of figures having to be negative. Jeff points out a nice upgrade to the Ackbar and the next comment is about Hasbro suckering people in. Again Siddy it isn't really about your post as much as it is I feel from what I read I'm the only one who likes and still enjoys this new stuff (again an exaggeration).
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2016, 03:48 PM »
You're not the only one Nick - I enjoy the TFA line quite a bit. I just wish it hadn't been such a pain to track down and now with the split wave cases coming and the lack of new product flowing it's going to be even more difficult.

I wish they had solicited to the online retailers solid cases of the Waves 4 & 5 figures 2x each - I would have gladly paid more for each of them not to go crazy looking for them in stores. Same goes for the Armor-Wave and 2-pack 2nd waves - a pittance of new items and a glut of previous releases.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Pete - I share your concern.  I know this is the 3 3/4" thread, but I'm particularly concerned about tracking down the 6" figures.  There are at least four waves (waves 3-6) expected out (via the etailers) in the next two months.  I have a feeling whole waves could be incredibly hard to track down depending on what Target (and TRU and WM) gets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2016, 08:34 PM »
I'm definitely liking the incremental improvements... They're doing skirt bits, and that alone is a vast improvement over the molded-on bits that look like hell (and are the only thing that, IMO, looks "vintage" about these low articulation figures).  Removing that, working holsters...  I'm ok paying more if articulation creeps up.  And again, I'd like to see it go up to a happy medium, not an "everything is SA", like we had been at.  That was honestly kind of ridiculous and I took hell on forums for being such an articulation guy.

The line improvements, if they keep, up, I'd be ok paying $10/per if figures got back to 06/07 levels...  I still buy Saga DSGunners and AT-AT Drivers at toy shows.  They're among my favs.  I'd like to see the line get back there.

And man, some of these new guys look just cool.  Ackbar having a moving jaw is awesome.

Hoping the BAW thing dies off soon though, for something cooler or just some reinvestment in the figure.  Those things are ass, and are all new toolings it seems.  BAD = much cooler than BAW, even if the droids aren't as nice as the 08/09 BAD figures you got.  BAW seems pretty unnecessary though.

Anyway, lovin' Ackbar.  Not many 5POA have my attention like his figure does.

I don't think those are softgoods Jeff, just plastic, but I'm fine with that.  I'm quite happy about them actually.  Make them much, much nicer to custom up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2016, 10:53 PM »
I don't think those are softgoods Jeff, just plastic

Yeah, looking at some of the side views in those ebay shots, it looks a lot less like vinyl type material and a lot more like plastic... hmmm.  Still better than the sculpted t-crotch stuff at least.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2016, 11:49 PM »
So is he a 6POA figure?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2016, 05:08 PM »
So as far as I know I'm all caught up, but somehow I only have like 3 or 4 of these things complete... I seem to have pieces for 4 or 5 more.  Has anyone seen a list of all of the parts for these various... things... and which figures they came with?

I mean, I skipped a couple of repacks, but unless they're spacing the parts out into future waves I'm not sure how I seem to be missing so many pieces and am trying to wrap my head around what's what.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2016, 05:35 PM »
I believe each repack has a new pack-in.  So if you aren't buying the repacks or the carry-forwards, you're not going to get all the worthless pack ins.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2016, 12:10 PM »
Has anyone seen a list of all of the parts for these various... things... and which figures they came with?

I believe each repack has a new pack-in.  So if you aren't buying the repacks or the carry-forwards, you're not going to get all the worthless pack ins.

Yeah, like Dave says, to build the weapons, you need to buy all basic figures so far.  Skipping repacks or new card variants will create gaps in your parts.

We've got a list right here that shows the sets of three for each new "build-a-weapon" (along with a home-grown numbering system to link them together - ie, you need to buy all three SN-02 figures to build that weapon).

Failing that, didn't each figure come with a little insert showing which figures you needed to complete the "build-a-weapon" thingy? :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Yes, of course they have the little illustrations packed in, but I was wondering if there was something a little more comprehensive, maybe with photos.  The illustrations in the instructions are really just outlines of the shapes and don't mention what comes with what figure... it all just seemed a little abstract when I was looking at it yesterday so I wanted to see if there was a better way to sort through it all.

Looks like I'll just dig up photos of all the figures I've skipped and cross reference that with the instructions to make a list.

I hadn't realized that the basic figure checklist numbering separates it by build-a-weapon, that will be helpful for sure.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:47 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2016, 10:44 AM »
Okay, I gathered up some images of the build-a-weapon parts I think I'm missing, does anyone happen to have any extras they'd like to sell before I go off ordering figures I don't need?