Author Topic: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line  (Read 79959 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2016, 04:07 PM »
Seems like it would be a good time to get another couple waves of TFA figures out there (Luke, Leia, Snoke, etc.), since it is only one of the biggest movies of all time.

Honest question - what more do collectors really want from the 5POA TFA line?

I think I'd be happy with one more TFA wave of 6:
- General Leia and Adm. Statura (to finish off D'qar)
- Bala-Tik and Razoo Qin-Fee (to finish off the freighter scene)
- Lor San Tekka (to finish off Jakku)
- and... for the last slot... um.  no idea.  Give me the lady x-wing pilot or a resistance droid I guess to round out the wave.

And if that's the last wave we got before they moved on to Rogue One, I guess I'd be OK with that.

Luke and Snoke?  Meh. 
- Luke didn't really do anything in TFA and he'll probably wear the same stuff in Ep8 - I can wait until then if that's how they want to play it.
- Snoke... how would you even do that?  Over-sized holo-figure or something?  Pass.  Again, I'm fine waiting for Ep8 (or 9) for him to get a figure.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2016, 04:49 PM »
I'd add the following two:
- Rey from the original jedi temple on Skellig
- C-3PO red arm and if you want to stretch you could do an R2 since he hasn't been released in years

I agree with you Jeff - there isn't much left to mine in this movie without getting fairly obscure.  You could pack an occasional creature from Maz's castle in future waves, but would have to be careful not to overdo it, or make it an exclusive multipack where you don't jam the pegs with blink and you'll miss them figures.

I have a feeling there may be an interesting reveal around the Snoke character in one of the upcoming movies and they want to hold off until that happens.

Ultimately I would much rather see them release a wave or two heavy on Rebels or even Clone Wars figures if they're looking to fill the gap.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Good points, we have gotten things pretty well covered from TFA, aside from Maz's place aliens (although it is tough to see many of them). I like Jeff's suggestions, and I'm actually indifferent on getting Snoke yet but just mentioned him because he is a significant character. I would like to see Luke and Leia though. I know Luke was barely in the movie, but I really liked his look and recent rumors point to him possibly having a different costume in VIII. Plus, it's Luke 🙂.

I guess I was more concerned about the line in general, and since it is technically known as a TFA line at this point, I went there. I guess a break is ok with me too, since I have enough other stuff to buy/save for, just wondering if we were going to go 4 months without any new figures.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2016, 05:12 PM »
I know some have gotten Wave 5 via online retailers, but I honestly don't expect these to show up locally for at least a month.  The local pegs are packed with lots and lots of Wave 3 figures that need to get worked through before Wave 5 can get out.  Some might consider this a break, but the reality is Wave 5 might not hit until summer.

The really annoying part is Hasbro's unwillingness to communicate their plans to know what to expect.  Maybe there are more waves coming, or maybe there is nothing.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2016, 10:22 PM »
- C-3PO red arm and if you want to stretch you could do an R2 since he hasn't been released in years

They put those in a 2-pack already, which was a good way to get the pair out there I thought.

The really annoying part is Hasbro's unwillingness to communicate their plans to know what to expect.  Maybe there are more waves coming, or maybe there is nothing.

With their shiny new "Hasbro Pulse" thing just sitting there, going to waste.  Three "reveals" (of stuff we saw somewhere else first) in 10+ months.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:22 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2016, 09:19 AM »
I suspect Snoke is off-limits until they show him in person, mostly because they want to keep people guessing about his actual size. I still think it would be awesome if he really did turn out to be a giant. Because out of the limitless variety of life in the universe, why would anyone expect everyone to be roughly the same size?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2016, 05:33 PM »
Has Hasrbo dropped the ball on the news or is Disney not allowing them to show us stuff as far in advance?  I agree that it's ridiculous to have so little new stuff on the way, but am curious if they have more done/in the works than they let on, but have to keep it more under wraps for the new boss.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 9, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Finally got my hands on my HTS shipment over the weekend from a few weeks ago... at least the figures that didn't sell out while they were in my cart. ::)

Anyway, the FO Heavy Armor/Squad Trooper Stormtrooper... the heavy armor can easily be removed and placed on the Black Series FO Stormtrooper. It looks a little weird on the SA Stormie due to the ball jointed abdomen, but it's a perfect fit.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2016, 02:55 PM »
So it's been months and I still never saw Ren with his hood down, Han, or Resistance Rey.  Rey and Han can be had for about $17 or $18 on Amazon, Ren seems to be more like $25 - I figure I could do a little better on eBay, but would prefer not to.

Have those come and gone or are we still expecting them?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2016, 03:43 PM »
I've seen Rey get down to about $12 or $13 recently on Amazon.  But the wave with unmasked Kylo Ren and the FO Stormtrooper Commander?  I don't think I ever saw it at retail.  I bought mine through Amazon or HTS when they were available at MSRP, and those went very quickly.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2016, 05:57 PM »
If it's 5poa I refuse to pay above the retail price.  I'd just as soon do without.

I'd like Ackbar Tassu Leech, stormie commander, unmasked kylo and Han but for what you get if never pay more than retail.  I'd regret that choice immediately. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2016, 06:10 PM »
I've seen Rey get down to about $12 or $13 recently on Amazon.  But the wave with unmasked Kylo Ren and the FO Stormtrooper Commander?  I don't think I ever saw it at retail.  I bought mine through Amazon or HTS when they were available at MSRP, and those went very quickly.

The Stormtrooper Commander was the only one I saw at retail, at a TRU.  I haven't seen Rey and Han for less than $15.77 on Amazon, and I've been looking every day.  And the weird part is that those prices are to buy them directly from Amazon where before they'd always been on point with MSRP.

HTS has just said they're coming soon every time I look there, once a week or so, for the last few months.

Not sure if I should just overpay now or if there's a chance they're still on the way.  Maybe Comic Con will shed some light on what they're doing?

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2016, 06:16 PM »
what more do collectors really want from the 5POA TFA line?

I'm a sucker for aliens and want to see more of the boozers from Maz's speak-easy. That funky retro droid with spikey head would be cool. And of course, abandoned child Rey.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2016, 10:21 PM »

The Stormtrooper Commander was the only one I saw at retail, at a TRU.  I haven't seen Rey and Han for less than $15.77 on Amazon, and I've been looking every day.  And the weird part is that those prices are to buy them directly from Amazon where before they'd always been on point with MSRP.

HTS has just said they're coming soon every time I look there, once a week or so, for the last few months.

Not sure if I should just overpay now or if there's a chance they're still on the way.  Maybe Comic Con will shed some light on what they're doing?

Rob, keep an eye out on HTS' eBay store. They have posted the latter waves on several occasions for retail price and often with free shipping. It has helped me considerably. Right now they have several figures available though not the specific ones you mentioned...

http://stores.ebay.com/hasbrotoyshop/_i.html?_nkw=star+wars
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2016, 11:01 PM »
Thanks for the tip!  I'll definitely keep an eye on that.