Author Topic: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line  (Read 79865 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27 AM »
I never saw those last couple of waves at retail.  I got half through HTS.com and half through EE by having to buy a case.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:10 AM by Dave »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2016, 10:29 AM »
I'm hoping to pick up another unmasked Kylo Ren.  I just picked up another 3.75" Black Series Kylo for the express purposes of a head swap to depict him during the duel on Starkiller base.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2016, 11:36 AM »
Unmasked Kylo Ren........ I heard a few rumors that Hasbro had produced that..............
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26 PM »
Unmasked Kylo seems to be on display at CC, so hopefully that means he's still going to ship.

Another question and maybe they'll unveil something this weekend...

How is it possible that TFA came out 7 months ago and there is no freaking LUKE SKYWALKER figure?!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2016, 02:24 PM »
The Hasbro panel is tomorrow.  If there isn't a TFA Luke Skywalker & Leia reveal then there is something really wrong with this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2016, 11:24 PM »
How is it possible that TFA came out 7 months ago and there is no freaking LUKE SKYWALKER figure?

I'll guess...

1. They wanted to save some main characters for the 2016 line to keep sequel stuff out there during rogue one?
Or
2. TFA Luke is a teaser figure in wave 1 of the ep 8 line since he's probably wearing the same outfit then?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2016, 11:49 PM »
My guess on Luke (we'll find out tomorrow) is that since 8 was originally slated for May of '17, they decided to hold on him due to the reasons Jeff mentioned. The first Episode 8 figures would have dropped anywhere from January-May. So unless they decided to hold him completely for 8 now that it's coming in December, we'll see him probably next spring. Or not.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2016, 10:41 AM »
How is it possible that TFA came out 7 months ago and there is no freaking LUKE SKYWALKER figure?

I would argue there isn't really a Leia figure either (limited distribution at Wal Mart barely counts), and she actually had multiple scenes, multiple lines, etc.   Both are iconic characters and have been ignored so far.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2016, 11:56 AM »
Technically there is, but yeah - I'd agree.  Her general's outfit would be the one I'd have expected them to do... can't believe there wasn't even like a Han / Luke / Leia 3-Pack or some other such nonsense to play up the returning heroes.  Hell, even a 6-pack with them and then Chewbacca, R2, and Threepio.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2016, 02:17 PM »
Technically there is, but yeah - I'd agree.  Her general's outfit would be the one I'd have expected them to do... can't believe there wasn't even like a Han / Luke / Leia 3-Pack or some other such nonsense to play up the returning heroes.  Hell, even a 6-pack with them and then Chewbacca, R2, and Threepio.

Make them with more than 5 POA and take my money already!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Her general's outfit would be the one I'd have expected them to do...

I'm not sure where it was said originally but Hasbro did confirm at one point that they were most likely going to use the Walmart Black Series 3.75" line to supplement characters for collectors.  It's why "regular" TFA Han was a basic figure and Starkiller Base Han was the Walmart figure. That is probably why the Walmart line got D'qar Dress Leia - because TFA General Leia is/was coming in the $8 basic figure line.

It's dumb because we're going to end up with really nice versions of main characters in their secondary outfits, but it is what it is at this point I guess.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Fine by me, I'm just blown away that Luke Skywalker wasn't one of the first characters they released in the follow up waves once people had a chance to see the movie.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2016, 08:15 AM »

At a minimum, what about a 2-pack with a re-pack of the Rey in Resistance Outfit from the end of the movie and Luke Skywalker? That seems to me like a no brainer - you already released 1 of the two figures and the 2nd figure is much desired.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2016, 10:53 PM »
Doesn't matter to me how they do it, I just can't believe they haven't been trying to sell a gazillion Luke's.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:24 PM by Rob »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2016, 10:31 AM »
Here's an interesting article from Forbes where Hasbro says TFA Luke is coming, and they also admit that the Force Friday mishaps last year were their fault.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lukethompson/2016/07/29/for-star-wars-toys-hasbro-prepares-to-go-rogue/#6d2b3e1027f8
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks