Author Topic: Force Friday: What are You Buying?  (Read 19497 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Force Friday: What are You Buying?
« Reply #15 on: September 1, 2015, 11:36 PM »
Thought I'd place this here since it's way more complete than the partial list we had in our forums earlier in the month...

UNOFFICIAL FORCE FRIDAY PRODUCT CHECKLIST
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 2, 2015, 08:41 AM »
I finally figured out an itinerary for tomorrow night. Looks like I wll be meeting up with a couple of friends and hitting Target first, then TRU, then a Walmart and Walgreens, and maybe 3 more Walmarts after that if I still have gaps to fill.

I just feel like the line at TRU is more likely to be nuts, the Target thing seems to be flying under the radar a little bit. One of my peeps has assured me that a friend of his at TRU will hold a few of the exclusive Blue Troopers for us so we won't be in danger of missing out. Fingers crossed.

I sure hope I can get everything I want that night early and not have to run around in the wee hours. Work is going to be rough the next day...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 2, 2015, 10:18 AM »
"Exclusive Blue Troopers"?  I saw that and had to scratch my head. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 2, 2015, 10:46 AM »
I honestly not sure I want to pick up everything. I'm not too wild at all about the 5 POA style, but I'll pick up the Stormtroopers and 6 inch for sure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 2, 2015, 02:54 PM »
It sure seems like a much more reserved approach for many this time around. Are many here even planning on going out at midnight? I haven't decided yet. Part of me is excited for new product and thinks it might be fun, but it is also a bit odd to have it on a Thursday night. I don't really have any collector friends locally, so I'd be flying solo on this one.

I remember the last time there was one of these, I picked up the BMF (among other things), but I don't know that any one item excites me as much this time around. I'm thinking the Black Series figures will be the fastest selling this time, and what I'm most worried about finding.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 2, 2015, 03:18 PM »
I think Chewie and I (and another collector I've yet to meet) are going to Midnight Sadness.  For me, it's mainly to enjoy the experience, but I know for some like Chewie, who was interested in picking up the TIE and X-Wing, who isn't going to buy them after seeing the poor reviews and feel there's no point in going now.  We may just meet up and get wings somewhere instead.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #21 on: September 2, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Wish we had an idea on the possible super-articulated figures yet.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 2, 2015, 08:52 PM »
FWIW, I chatted up a manager of the local MM Target today at lunch, and she told me they would be closing at 11pm and re-opening at midnight. Then they will be closing again at 2am. All the stuff is going to be located in the rear seasonal section at the farthest corner of the store, where the back to school stuff is chilling now.

I asked if they would be admitting people in groups or let them bust through all at once, but she wasn't sure. She mentioned the possibility of letting people queue up in the store though, which sounds like potentially even more of a clusterF.

Good luck guys!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 3, 2015, 10:17 AM »
This just in from New Zealand...where MM is in full swing right now:

NO SA figures

NO surprise SW toys that have not already been leaked in the past few weeks

NO indication what the TRU exclusive is exactly, still (seriously, are we really gonna have to wait til 12:01am to know what this thing is?)

Hopefully we get better news in the hours to come from other countries. UK in particular should be a good indicator.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 3, 2015, 10:51 AM »
NO indication what the TRU exclusive is exactly, still (seriously, are we really gonna have to wait til 12:01am to know what this thing is?)

I just hope for the sake of others in the world that the exclusive isn't exclusive to the US.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 3, 2015, 10:55 AM »
Found some 6" figure reveals on the Global Unboxing event.  Disney stores will actually have these die-cast figures that appear to be a similar scale to the 6" Black Series.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2015, 11:30 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 3, 2015, 05:54 PM »
Target near me had both the one aisle in toys and multiple seasonal aisles empty with labels. No sign of 6" Tie Fighter. Have we heard anything definitive on it being or not being available tonight?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 3, 2015, 09:03 PM »
I am a bit concerned about the Big TIE too...have not heard or seen any confirmation from earlier time zones, and I've been looking.

Looks like that long rumored Walgreens exclusive isn't likely to show up either. And I'm hearing there might not be an exclusive TRU blue trooper at every location yet either. Could have to scale back expectations.

At any rate, I am headed out in about 30 minutes to do a few preemptive Walmart runs on the way to Target. I hope everyone finds what they are looking for tonight and there is no ugliness on display. Happy hunting!  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 4, 2015, 02:57 AM »
Just got back from hitting FOUR STORES for Force Friday. What a HUGE letdown. Were all stores limited to 1-2 cases of product? Because that's pretty much all I saw.

Stop 1: Walmart 1. 5 people in a small line near electronics. First guy in line grabs EVERY Black Series figure. ******* really, *******? Tons of Micro Machines and Hot Wheels Die Cast ships, 2-3 of each 3.75 inch fig (just troopers, Finn, Poe, Phasma and Kylo were available along with Luke and Vader). Only LEGO sets were Rey's speeder and the 2015 Advent Calendar, which I snagged because the calendars are hard to find now. That's IT.

Stop 2: TRU. Had all of the LEGO sets (plus TRU tax) and lightsabers and some of the RC/drones/whatever. That's IT. If they had any figures, they were long gone when I got there at 10 after midnight. I'm able to get a free LEGO brick though, so it wasn't a total loss.

Stop 3: Walmart 2. Same stock as above, but there are some figures remaining. I snag Finn, Rey and Chewie, the only TBS figures they have. An employee is giving out free Topps dice or something and just gave me a handful.

Stop 4: Walmart 3. They didn't even put stuff out.

So now I'm stuck hunting for a damn Kylo Ren and a Stormtrooper (and realizing how dumb I sound for being so worked up over plastic toys). I'll be out of town for Labor Day weekend so I might hit some small town WMs during my travels but I'm not expecting to find much. Wish I would have known the stores either got no stock or were purposefully not putting everything out so I wouldn't have wasted my time.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 4, 2015, 04:50 AM »
Arrived at TRU at about 11:10pm and was in about the last third of the line.  I wanted the X-Wing and TIE Fighter, despite the weak reviews.  Got in and was able to snag a TIE fighter and Rey's speeder bike, but never saw the X-Wing.  I assume it was there, just others got to it first.  There were people with shopping carts full of stuff.  Then went down the street to a Wal Mart, which was a huge let down - mostly just Legos, figures, etc.  I did pick up some of the 6" figures, though and got the ones I wanted.  Then went to another Wal Mart which was stocked about the same and didn't get anything.  Wal Marts were pretty much empty compared to the near-chaos of Toys R Us.   Lastly went to the one Target in my area that was open.  No X-Wing.  I'm not entirely disappointed nor am I entirely etastic for the evening's finds.  Guess I'll try hitting another Target early tomorrow to see what turns up.  Have to keep reminding myself there is going to be tons of these things sitting around in a matter of days or weeks :) 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D