Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 45531 times)

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #45 on: October 6, 2015, 08:56 AM »
Found the whole wave with PZ-4CO, Goss Toowers, the Guavian Enforcer, etc at Walmart last night. Grabbed all of them, including the repacked Inquisitor. I wish I had as much luck with the 6" stuff!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 6, 2015, 12:43 PM »
At two WalMarts locally I found two cases each of Desert/Snow Assortment Wave 1!!!!

(apparently, time displacement has put my local WalMarts back to Sep 4th)  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 6, 2015, 11:49 PM »
I too am seeing Desert/Snow Series 1 at Walmarts here.

Tonight I caved and snagged Rey and the FO Stormie (my first 3.75 inch figures) along with Rey's Speeder. The speeder is probably the coolest and most accurate (and only?) vehicle we've gotten since the Speeder Bike in 2012.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #48 on: October 9, 2015, 07:53 AM »
FINALLY found a Chopper for my son in the 2-Pk with Zeb.  He is very excited!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #49 on: October 9, 2015, 10:03 AM »
FINALLY found a Chopper for my son in the 2-Pk with Zeb.  He is very excited!

I picked up that 2-pack as well.  I never opened the one carded Chopper that I got, which cost me about $25 on Amazon.  And I'm content to leave it on the card.  So I opened the 2-pack version.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Now that we're done with the Wave 1 Desert/Snow wave, we are getting massive quantities of the Jungle/Space wave 1 assortment. I did use this as an opportunity to pick up another pair of First Order TIE Pilots to man the TRU exclusive TIE. Also grabbed another Captain Phasma since her upcoming armor-up figure comes with two sets of armor, I'll use this spare figure to display that extra armor.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2015, 09:07 PM »
Saw tons of wave 2 at both my Wally's and grabbed a few of them.  Hux is the least fixable and Guavian guy is surprisingly neat to me.  He wasn't on my radar but glad I bought him.  Little alien and blue droid are fun filler.  General Huxtable I'm going to attempt to make him more fun but the legs are a lost cause.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2015, 05:12 PM »
I had $ at TRU expiring so I stopped by today and they put out a new case of 2-packs so I got bb8 set for $2 and change. :)  Been a busy weekend.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2015, 06:21 PM »
I was at Kroger and found a Force Awakens figure on markdown for $4.49 or something. It was Rey, but her eye paint was so terrible...really bad...I didn't get it.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2015, 09:30 PM »
I had $ at TRU expiring so I stopped by today and they put out a new case of 2-packs so I got bb8 set for $2 and change. :)  Been a busy weekend.

Has anyone else noticed that these boxed figures can easily be opened, and then resealed?  It is a MOMC nightmare.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2015, 11:21 PM »
Found BB-8 at TRU! They must have unloaded a fresh case because there were multiples of all of the 2 packs and they were just scattered around the shelf and not hanging on the pegs.

Also picked up a Finn because I saw one with a perfect paint job. There's something about Finn's costume that screams "generic OT background character" and I might snag more for customs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2015, 02:31 AM »
At least you can look and see you're not being ripped off.  Those Kmart exclusive 2-packs were a disaster waiting to happen.  Fortunately there didn't seem to be a lot of thefts with thwm.  I never got one (of many of all of them) that was tampered with.

I'm not a fan of the boxed stuff though.  In general it's my undersrandinf it's more costly and simpler packaging using blister cards are less $.

Anyway glad to get some stuff I actually DID want.  My  WM had to go through 3-4 cases of wv2 rhis weekend.  That's a lot in a couple days!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:58 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2015, 09:54 AM »

Has anyone else noticed that these boxed figures can easily be opened, and then resealed?  It is a MOMC nightmare.

Yep, I posted this in another thread a few weeks ago:

Saw all of these but the BB-8 set at TRU tonight.... and they had all been opened. ::) The only one that looked tampered with was the Vader/Ahsoka set, which didn't look like it had anything swapped out, but it still looked off. Passed on it all.

It was weird because the possibly tampered sets I saw didn't LOOK tampered, but the Vader/Ahsoka set had a E-11 blaster floating around near the feet, and the 3PO/R2 set had tape that had clearly been removed and put back into place. Thankfully the case I found yesterday didn't have any problems, but it is rather annoying to have to check stuff like that when you used to just have to do a quick check to see if the paint apps were decent.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2015, 02:19 AM »
Scored the Toys R Us exclusive version of the First Order TIE Fighter today - looks like they got a case of them in - there was a total of four on the shelf - grabbed two of them - one to open and one to keep MIB. Not much different from the regular release, just the "sand/dust" paint app and then the TIE Pilot has the Elite Squadron vertical red stripes on his helmet. Kinda glad I picked up those two extra First Order TIE Pilots the other day so I could seat them in the cockpit and then display the TIE with the pack-in figure standing next to the TIE. While still 5POA figures, the First Order TIE Pilots with removeable helmets are superior figures over the single carded versions.
Peter

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Funny how the pack ins are better than the carded versions. I also saw those at TRU. My TRU actually restocked figures but only Finn, Rey and the constantable. No bad guys anywhere.

Found a really beat up 6" Chewie at Target. He looked like he needed a good home.

I could still use a Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma. I've never seen either at retail yet.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours