Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 45751 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2016, 06:54 AM »
New 3.75" basic figures at WalMart.  Armor Up at TRU.  But at $14.99 each, TRU can keep the Armor Up figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2016, 07:43 AM »
Finally scored the Han/Rey/Hassk Thug and Rex/Unkar Plutt/FN-2187 waves this week. The Han wave was at Target and the Unkar wave was at WalMart.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2016, 08:38 AM »
I saw the new Han last night...first new figure I've seen in months. I can't seem to catch a break on Rex or the 5th Brother though, have been looking everywhere for those two. Every time I see counts change on Brickpicker I race out only to find it was another old wave.  >:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2016, 10:33 AM »
Watching Amazon has finally paid off.  Managed to get Rebels Rex, Unkar Plutt and Stormtrooper Finn there for $7.99 each.  Also got Resistance Rey and the Snap Wexley 2-pack in a store this morning. 

Feedback

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Grabbed a Tasu Leech yesterday at Walmart in the Boston area. Someone had already grabbed Ackbar unfortunately.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Grabbed a Tasu Leech yesterday at Walmart in the Boston area. Someone had already grabbed Ackbar unfortunately.

Had a similar experience this morning on my way into work - found the remnants of the Ackbar wave - mainly Tasu Leech and the Fifth Brother, which I grabbed.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2016, 01:16 AM »
Picked up the Sidon Ithono 2-pack because the figures look pretty darn cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Finally found Han tonite at Target. At this rate, I should see Ackbar around the time the Rogue One toys drop.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2016, 10:28 AM »
I finally decided I was sick of trying to find another Fifth Brother to open so I grabbed one off HTS just now. Still in stock if you need it.

Happy to not obsess over this guy anymore.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2016, 11:08 AM »
I picked up the WalMart exclusive Resistance X-wing yesterday.  I wish they could have made a functional droid socket with this vehicle, because the color scheme really lends itself to more pilots that just Poe Dameron.  Those markings work for pilots like Snap Wexley, Nien Nunb and Jess Pava.  And it was an X-wing just like this one that was in one of my favorite shots of the film.  It was very much like the gun camera style shot, like one out of TOP GUN, mounted on the fuselage of the fighter as it was rolling in on an attack run.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2016, 09:54 PM »
I finally decided I was sick of trying to find another Fifth Brother to open so I grabbed one off HTS just now. Still in stock if you need it.

Happy to not obsess over this guy anymore.

I was sick and tired of not finding this way PERIOD - I grabbed all three off HTS last week, used the SPRING16 promo code and got them with free shipping and less than $6.99 each.

Very glad to be down to just the unmasked Kylo Ren wave in the 5POA BAW line...
Peter

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Stopped by a big-ish local toy store last Saturday. They must have just stocked. Finally came across a Phasma; pleasantly shocked to find Tasu Leech, Fifth Brother, and Ackbar; and rounded it off with the Luke that I never bothered with until now. A nice side trip with the exception of my niece and nephew guilting me into buying them something.  :P

Found Ithano/Quiggold and Snowtrooper/Wexley 2-packs at a Target a day later.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2016, 08:37 PM »
I recently got only the Black Series figure of Poe Dameron.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2016, 01:24 PM »
At this point I'm officially caught up. I ended up buying a second stormtrooper squad leader the other day. Just waiting on Takodana to hit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: April 5, 2016, 06:38 PM »
I was able to buy Captain & Taneal off Hasbro's Ebay store, so that was nice.  It was one of the few things I REALLY actually wanted to own.

I would like the squad leader Stormie and the unmasked Kylo (to custom up one of my good Kylo figures from Wal-Mart).

Looking at the rest of the stuff I don't have, I don't think I'll care much then if I don't get it.  TVC Nein Numb is all the Numb I Nein, and Tassu Leech I'd like, but meh.

I'm still on the fence TRYING to custom a Han.  I want one, but the headsculpt is so-so to me, and he's gonna be a bear to add articulation to I'm afraid.  But I really really want an articulated TFA Han.  :-\

May buy a couple more Hassk's if I see them.  I dig those guys for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77