Author Topic: Amazon Black Series 6" Trooper Evolution 4-Pk Box Set  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Amazon Black Series 6" Trooper Evolution 4-Pk Box Set
« on: September 3, 2015, 11:18 PM »
New Listing at Amazon.com - Star Wars The Black Series 6-Inch Stormtrooper 4-Pack

AOTC Clone Trooper Commander
ROTS Phase II Clone Trooper
Imperial Stormtrooper (with odd deco)
TFA First Order Stormtrooper Officer (Orange Pauldron)

loose pic

boxed pic

« Last Edit: September 4, 2015, 12:38 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Black Series 6" Trooper Evolution 4-Pk Box Set
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2015, 04:05 PM »
Despite the Clones, preordered this as well. Just a fan of the 6 inch.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 6, 2015, 08:17 AM »
I kind of like this set.  Seeing the evolution of these troops from the first phase of Clone Troopers up through the First Order Stormtroopers gives you a cool sense of continuity through the whole Saga.  In terms of how this set works?  I think it hits the marks in terms of getting certain Clones/Troops out without bogging down the Black Series 6" basic figure line with a lot of repaints/redecos. 

We've already had three different Phase I Clone Troopers in the basic figure line.  So did we really need this Clone Commander in the line too?  And what about the battle damage deco Stormtrooper?  I would be kind of miffed if a slot in the basic figure line were taken up by that trooper, too.  So again, this set seems like a good vehicle for these two troopers.

The phase 2 Clone Trooper being offered for the first time in this set is a little bit of a head scratcher.  But in this case it's the plain white deco which we only really saw during the space battle above Coruscant in REVENGE OF THE SITH.  And offering the First Order Stormtrooper Officer here definitely gives this set something current and interesting to draw in a new crowd.

I put in my pre-order this morning for this as well as the other Amazon exclusive, the First Order Legion 7-pack.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2015, 10:02 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 6, 2015, 10:07 AM »
I'm a little tired of clonetroopers by now, but I ordered one to get the Stormtroopers.  It's a better offering than the EE one, which is $20 more for what is essentially a bunch of repaints.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 6, 2015, 12:51 PM »
I'm a little tired of clonetroopers by now, but I ordered one to get the Stormtroopers.  It's a better offering than the EE one, which is $20 more for what is essentially a bunch of repaints.

I'm freaking sick of them.  I was hoping that with the new movie it would be a while before we got a glut of slightly-different clones and stormtroopers.  I hope they plan a larger launch of better figures and new figures instead of just troops troops troops from here until Rogue One.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 6, 2015, 02:15 PM »
The more I look at it, the paint scheme on the original Stormtrooper is just weird. A Commander from TFU would have been very cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2015, 08:03 PM »
What's with the oil stains Stormtrooper? This would be an easy purchase if they were all just normal white troopers. As it stands I would be paying for three figures I don't want.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 5, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Head's up - my delivery estimate for this order was bumped up from 12/2 to 11/10, so these look to be shipping in the next few days.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 5, 2015, 06:44 PM »
I actually just ordered one and it was listed as "In Stock" and estimated arrival next week!  :)

And here I was almost thinking I had missed out when the preorders sold out. Big whew!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2015, 09:30 AM »
I just got conformation that mine has shipped!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 08:27 AM »
Got this set yesterday and am loving it. The greasepaint Stormtrooper doesn't do much for me but the others are all worthy additions. Had considered maybe trying to get multiples of these guys but with the rate the line is expanding I don't think I am going to have room for stuff like that anymore.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 02:06 PM »
So folks don't miss it in the other thread - this 4-pack is an Amazon Prime Day deal for $48 right now = http://amzn.to/2a6fQE1

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender