Author Topic: Black Series 3.75" Is Now Walmart Exclusive  (Read 29521 times)

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 3.75" Is Now Walmart Exclusive
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 10:26 AM »
I read that and most of the US stores closing are their Walmart Express line, an experiment that seems to have failed.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 11:39 AM »
I read that and most of the US stores closing are their Walmart Express line, an experiment that seems to have failed.

What is "Walmart Express"?  Is that where they have enough cashiers staffed to check you out in less than 10 minutes.  Epic fail.   ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 01:26 PM »
Walmart Express is a glorified Walgreens with a Walmart logo on it and slightly more food for sale.  We have one near my place, but there's no toy aisle.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 01:35 PM »
I was looking at the full list of closures. A good deal of stores closing are in TX and southern states. A few Sams Clubs and then a bunch of the Express stores. I've only seen 1 express store in New England and it is closing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Yeah WM express was a thing for urban environments where they had less of a footprint and couldn't get the land and permits to build big.  They considered competition anything from dollar stores to drug stores to small grocery places...  I feel like its a sound idea but not in areas with already stiff competition. 

Locally we have a large grocery chain called Giant Eagle and they have GE express which is similar but is also a large gas station and sandwich shop.  Basically same idea but works better based on locations they choose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 09:13 PM »
Funny, I ran across a list of the Walmart closings and the express near my house is one of the handful that's on the way out.

Good riddance.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 11:54 PM »
I already have gotten many of the Walmart Black series figures here.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 02:32 PM »
Hopefully we will see more of these announced at Toy Fair (although do they deal with exclusives there?), but what would you like to see in this line in future waves? Looking that we may only get heavy hitters and army builders, and likely more TFA focused, what stands out to you the most?

Off the bat I'd go with Han Solo, Captain Phasma, and troop builders like the TIE Pilot, a Snowtrooper, or Flametrooper. I'd say Chewie as well, but we've gotten several beautiful Figures of him over the years and he looks fairly similar. That said, I'd buy a TFA version too. Beyond that, Luke would be cool, along with Maz and Leia.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2016, 02:47 PM »
Hopefully we will see more of these announced at Toy Fair (although do they deal with exclusives there?)

Not usually.  Sometimes they end up in the slideshow portion (that hasn't happened for a long while though).  Definitely not on the show floor.

what would you like to see in this line in future waves?

Your list is a pretty good start - I'd also like to see more FO Stormtrooper variants (Riot, Heavy Gear, etc), an unmasked Kylo, Resistance Poe, and some kind of BB-8 with pop-out or swappable gear/slots for the map piece and the "thumbs up" lighter.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2016, 10:14 AM »
It would seem to me that these have sold more than solidly enough to justify continuing the line. I just hope both Walmart and Hasbro can see the very strong desire for premium figures and increase subsequent production runs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2016, 10:06 PM »
With the Black Series now just as Walmart exclusive, I think that now the collecting might be hard and complicated.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 1, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Hopefully we will see more of these announced at Toy Fair (although do they deal with exclusives there?)

Not usually.  Sometimes they end up in the slideshow portion (that hasn't happened for a long while though).  Definitely not on the show floor.

The last announced (hinted, actually), not displayed, exclusive that I recall was the SDCC 6" Boba/Han set.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 2, 2016, 11:44 PM »
Wave 3 is finally showing up on-line, but for some reason at more than $20 a pop. I hear Rey was more than $30. And this was through Walmart, not Toy wiz.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: February 3, 2016, 01:32 AM »
WM has third-party sales on its site I know...  They were showing up via those people right away for more as they sold out pretty quickly via Wal-Mart itself.  Not sure what to make of this.  Wouldn't be shocked if they jacked prices up based on sales rates though.  Target and TRU have been known to spike prices.  What's really weird though, is these are parts of an assortment and yet all the prices are different.  Like, very different.  ???

My local Wally has only a lone Han and a lone Finn. :(

The other one up the road has 2 Hans, 2 Lukes, 1 Finn.

Finn is a really nice figure.  It's a shame he's getting the shaft.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2016, 01:55 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2016, 07:26 PM »
They're currently all in stock for the normal price...  I just got myself my final Rey and a few troopers.  Order up.

BTW Scroll to the bottom after you click the link on our front page story for it...  Rey's tough to get to come up in a search but she shows up in the "suggested" stuff for some reason right away.  As does the Stormie.

Looks like Leia is not in stock btw, which she's actually probably the mathematically most difficult figure to get, which is ironic because she was the last of Wave 2 to sell that I ever saw.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:31 PM by Jesse James »