Author Topic: 6" Black Series - The Force Awakens Wave 4  (Read 9724 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - The Force Awakens Wave 4
« Reply #15 on: June 7, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Bah, I'm just tired of not having these two figures.  I preordered the case from EE, along with a couple of Marvel Legends figures also due out in June.  They have free shipping, but are charging $22.50 per figure.  A bit steep when you only want 2 of the 6, but a spare TIE Pilot, Snowtrooper, and Rey now with the saber was enough for me to cave.  I can probably even use the spare Kylo Ren for a kid's birthday present from my son or something this Summer. 

I ordered from Jeff's link on the main page, so hopefully JD gets a kickback at least.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 7, 2016, 06:06 PM »
I just pulled the trigger this morning too but ordered from BBTS.  They say its in stock for $120 plus $6 shipping.  Slightly cheaper. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 7, 2016, 11:59 PM »
I just bought a Asty for $27 on ebay. Hux is as low as $35. I'll wait a bit more on him at this point.

I'd rather go that route than get stuck with 4 figs I don't want.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 8, 2016, 09:56 AM »
I ordered from Jeff's link on the main page, so hopefully JD gets a kickback at least.   ;)

Thanks for the support, Justin!  It might cost you guys a few more bucks to buy the case from EE, but at least you know 10% is coming back to the site to help us keep the lights on around here! :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 10:32 AM »

Got my shipping notice from EE.  My Asty and Hux are travelling through Utah and should arrive by Monday.   ;D
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 12:16 PM »
I pulled the trigger on both Atsy and Hux from Amazon marketplace sellers.  The pricing of each was around $27, and I was getting tired of driving around with nothing to show for those toy runs.  With that and buying the 3.75" Black series Han and Leia from Tunghori, I can take some time off from hitting the stores.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 04:14 PM »
I found Rey 4.0 at a local specialty toy shop. I bought her just to compare more closely to the previous versions. Will try to post a report later.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 12:38 PM »
A buddy randomly found and picked up Hux and Atsy for me in a Disney store. They had the re-vamped Rey as well, but the Lightsaber gimmick isn't enough to coax me into buying another.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 12:52 PM »
I got my Hux & Asty from EE last week and they look great!  I was a little worried since the paint apps are sometimes hit and miss with these figures.  The Rey looks pretty similar to the KMart version outside of the snow boots.  I'll take a closer look to see if there's anything worth noting between the two. 

I now have a Rey with lightsaber and one without still in package.  Can anyone tell me which BB8 version is better?  The one with Lightsaber looks dirtier and the paint doesn't look as good to me, but feels like I've read about that being a "corrected" version somewhere.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 03:32 PM »
I was shocked to come across both Hux and Atsy at a Gamestop, of all places.  And for $19.99 each.  I had pretty much written off Gamestop as a collecting stop, but I may have to rethink that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 04:42 PM »
I now have a Rey with lightsaber and one without still in package.  Can anyone tell me which BB8 version is better?  The one with Lightsaber looks dirtier and the paint doesn't look as good to me, but feels like I've read about that being a "corrected" version somewhere.

IIRC, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

- Force Friday Rey had the "inaccurate" BB-8
- A revision that shipped right after the movie came out had Rey with redone paint apps on her face and an "accurate" BB-8
- The new version with the lightsaber also has the "accurate" face paint apps and BB-8

I have all 3 but haven't opened any, so I can't closely compare. But like yours, Justin, the lightsaber version has the best looking BB-8 with the dirt and grime. The second version has a cleaner BB-8.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Wave 4 case (and lots of other stuff) on sale at EE this week - just $116 for the case of 6 with free shipping.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Don't want the whole case?  Pre-order Hux and Asty singles now at EE -

First Order General Hux - $21.99, September arrival

X-Wing Pilot Asty - $21.99, September arrival

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 11:46 AM »
Don't want the whole case?  Pre-order Hux and Asty singles now at EE -

First Order General Hux - $21.99, September arrival

X-Wing Pilot Asty - $21.99, September arrival

Those are great prices - wish they had offered that before I bought the full case!