Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 3  (Read 26349 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 3
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Walmart links have been updated with pics! 

- Han Solo
- Rey (Jakku)
- Poe Dameron
- Finn (Jakku)

Not sure if these four are all in Wave 3 or if one of them will be pushed to Wave 4...

I guess I should have figured Han was going to be a repack (since Luke, Chewie, and Vader were), but I was secretly wishing it'd be Ep7 Old Han. :(

« Last Edit: December 1, 2015, 12:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 3
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Why does Han Solo's box have a picture of David Duchovny on it?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:51 PM »
The joints where Poe and Finn's legs hit their hips look awful.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:52 PM »
Why does Han Solo's box have a picture of David Duchovny on it?

I don't know, but I bet the truth is out there somewhere.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Much better than the 5POA figs IMHO. Too bad about the Han, but I'm psyched otherwise.

*Crosses fingers* please don't not hard to get!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 06:57 PM »
I'm with Ant...  Much better than the 5 POA...  I'm also with Rob. I'm only a fan of super duper articulation on certain figures, and those figures do not include anyone in cloth for the most part unless the cloth can easily hide a joint like Pilot Obi-Wan back in the day.

Barrel chested Han looked like ass when he was a VTSC figure, and looks like ass again.  Too many repacks will nosedive this experiment I'm afraid.  Hopefully easy to order online and ship to store.   :-\  I really REALLY want all those TFA figures, and a couple stormtroopers and Poes.  Maybe even an extra Finn.

I'm not a fan of hip articulation on anyone but troopers though...  armored troopers.  Jedi to some degree because they look cool posed extreme, but I'm not a fan of it on "mains".  GI Joe articulation is like a microman at this point, but I don't collect Joes...  Hasbro's "SA" on Star Wars was more than sufficient to me, and appreciated.  This may be a way of them adding value though with the increased costs...  who knows.

No BB8 pack-in?  Boo.  Finn should have him. :)

Look at everything Rey has compared to the others...  yowza.  Extra head, backpack, etc.  Crazy.  THAT is a $13 figure folks!  :)

I'd dare say Poe's design looks much better than Finn's does...  At the hip joints there anyway.  But yeah I want me a couple Poe figs for customs.  Even at $13.  :-X

Han...  ugh.  Why not give us VOTC Han at least.  He's a far superior figure to the Endor Han they keep plopping out here and there.  Hell they didn't even include the better headsculpt from the mutli-pack during BAD.  His coat was the only thing I ever appreciated about him. :-\

Hell, throw us TBS Han Carbo with the vest and pistol belt...  it'd still be better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 09:25 PM »
Is it confirmed that the Han is a straight VTSC repack?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 09:51 PM »
When are these supposed to be available?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 09:58 PM »
Is it confirmed that the Han is a straight VTSC repack?

Based on those pics, it looks like the slightly retooled VC62 Endor Han (which was a tweaked version of the VTSC Endor Han).

When are these supposed to be available?

Wave 2 is supposed to be out in October, so depending on how those do, maybe November/December?  Just a guess...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 10:44 PM »
Like others, I really REALLY hope these aren't too tough to get a hold of. I'd like to get all of the Force Awakens figures, and maybe a couple extras if possible. They all look nicely done, although from this picture I almost think that the head sculpt on the 5 POA Finn might be better than this one. Other than that, great though. I'm happy to see them hit the figures that really need the added articulation first, main characters and troops. I believe I heard on a podcast that 12 or 16 figures are expected for this line, they could probably cover TFA pretty well then.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 11:48 PM »
Around me, Wave 1 is selling...  be it the lack of other stuff on the shelves at WM or whatever, but Wave 1 is down to 2 figures at my nearest Wally so that's good.  The general fervor to buy something Star Wars is maybe helping.

It's funny though that my K-Mart has restocked Wave 1 TFA figures 3 times or more now, but Wal-Mart and Target seem like they haven't done jack since Force Friday.  KM sold out, and just keeps putting out more, regularly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 12:18 AM »
I am growing concerned about the availability of this line. There are five Walmarts between where I live and I work and I have yet to even catch one of the wave 1 figures in a store. I have a set coming via the website, but I'm not looking forward to the goo-gone surgery I'm going to have to perform on them.  >:(

I hope the follow-up waves are easier to find...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 01:31 PM »
Hell, I can't find any figures on the pegs.  The worst part is my oldest son's 5th birthday is next week and he loves stormtroopers!

Luckily, I found a couple online for him.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 06:16 PM »
I am growing concerned about the availability of this line. There are five Walmarts between where I live and I work and I have yet to even catch one of the wave 1 figures in a store. I have a set coming via the website, but I'm not looking forward to the goo-gone surgery I'm going to have to perform on them.  >:(

I hope the follow-up waves are easier to find...

According to Wal-Mart (via Jedi Temple Archives), the few out there now were intended for force friday, but more of waves one along with wave two will arrive in October. http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=16276/#details

Of course, we've heard stuff like that before.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 12:03 PM »
Wave 3 (Finn, Rey, Poe) has hit Singapore
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird