Author Topic: New York Comic-Con 2015  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
New York Comic-Con 2015
« on: October 7, 2015, 09:42 AM »
Hasbro will once again have a bigger presence at NYCC this year.  There is a preview party tonight and then a full panel on Thursday.  Here are the panel details:

Hasbro Star Wars - Thu. October 8th - 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM (ET)

Join members of the Hasbro team as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line that hit shelves on Force Friday! Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure offerings with a look at new product coming later this year.

I'm assuming they will have the "Titanium Series Helmets" there since they just previewed those at Hasbro Pulse. Rumor mill says they will have a few other new things to reveal...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: New York Comic-Con 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2015, 01:54 PM »
I wish I could go.  I work pretty close to the convention center, but I can't get away to check it out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2015, 02:35 PM »
I'm assuming we'll see nothing new, and Hasbro will "officially unveil" stuff we should be able to buy in stores right now, but can't. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2015, 03:06 PM »
I would expect some details about exclusives at this point.  Especially since they're showing up in stores.  Maybe a look at some of the returning OT characters, but even then I'm a bit skeptical.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Zero expectations...anything valuable to be learned will come thirdhand from other sources.

I would like to know when the 2 new Rebels figures (Rex and Inquisitor II/Fifth Brother) will be coming out. Surprise unveiling of the Ghost would be my pie in the sky hope.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2015, 12:03 AM »
Looks like the preview party had a bunch of stuff that's in stores now; the Titanium Series Helmets (plastic prototypes, not die cast finished product); and some new 6" figures.  However the only "NEW" newfigure was 6" TFA Han Solo I guess.

Man, that 6" TFA Han Solo is a nice looking figure. Kinda sorta makes me wish I was collecting the 6" stuff...  :-X

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 8, 2015, 08:01 AM »
Yeah, the Han likeness looks very impressive, seems to be some feeling out there that the hair is not grey enough but I will reserve judgement until I see him up close. Nice to see they revealed something new already.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 8, 2015, 11:35 AM »
Panel is going on right now...

For McMetal - 3.75" Seventh Sister prototype revealed:

link in case pic doesn't show up

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: October 8, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Panel over and moving into Q&A...   only "NEW" reveals were updates on 6" Revan and 6" Sabine; 3.75" Seventh Sister; and preview of prototypew for 6" ANH Leia coming 2016.

Tidbits from the Q&A, courtesy of Star Wars Action News facebook page -

- Force Friday shortages = "compressed timeline led to Force Friday shortages. They're working hard to make sure you get the figures in your stores and in your hands very soon"

- More Rebels figures are coming = "Dedicated to producing new ones. Can't say who but strong hints about new Season 2 characters Hondo and the new bounty hunter"

- Black Series 3.75" at Walmart = "they're testing the line with Wal Mart. If they sell as well as they hope they could become a regular non exclusive line again. But they're very expensive to make and they are concerned with fans accepting the higher price required to put the articulation in the figures"

- 6" C-3PO = "have patience"

- there will probably be a Celebration London exclusive = "something fun"

- crappy X-Wing plastic = "they recognize the problems and they are trying to rectify the issues with the guns.  They're trying to keep up with new safety regulations, new materials that keep costs down, etc. so the toys keep evolving.  They seemed to agree with the disappointment with that vehicle, though they didn't say that in so many words."

And, panel over.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2015, 12:13 PM by Jeff »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2015, 02:10 PM »
Thanks Jeff! She looks amazing, goofy hat and all. I am so glad to hear they are committed to making more Rebels figures.

I need to go find pics of that Leia prototype now...

Offline digktialx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 8, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Panel over and moving into Q&A...   only "NEW" reveals were updates on 6" Revan and 6" Sabine; 3.75" Seventh Sister; and preview of prototypew for 6" ANH Leia coming 2016.

Tidbits from the Q&A, courtesy of Star Wars Action News facebook page -

- Force Friday shortages = "compressed timeline led to Force Friday shortages. They're working hard to make sure you get the figures in your stores and in your hands very soon"

- More Rebels figures are coming = "Dedicated to producing new ones. Can't say who but strong hints about new Season 2 characters Hondo and the new bounty hunter"

- Black Series 3.75" at Walmart = "they're testing the line with Wal Mart. If they sell as well as they hope they could become a regular non exclusive line again. But they're very expensive to make and they are concerned with fans accepting the higher price required to put the articulation in the figures"

- 6" C-3PO = "have patience"

- there will probably be a Celebration London exclusive = "something fun"

- crappy X-Wing plastic = "they recognize the problems and they are trying to rectify the issues with the guns.  They're trying to keep up with new safety regulations, new materials that keep costs down, etc. so the toys keep evolving.  They seemed to agree with the disappointment with that vehicle, though they didn't say that in so many words."

And, panel over.

Some good stuff but I find comments that the black series being very expensive to make sounds like a cop out they already make GI Joe with nice articulation and there's a much higher demand for Star Wars figures over Joe figures so the profit margin is there. I wont buy the 5 POA of anything since I really enjoy posing the figures in various action poses!

I also like the 6" Black line and I'd prefer to wait to make sure C3PO looks as good as he can be since we all know what can happen when figures or vehicles get rushed to market...

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToyGear
Twitter: @foamtrays

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 8, 2015, 07:02 PM »
I missed the update on 6" Sabine.  What did they say?  I have not found anything about her yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: October 8, 2015, 07:15 PM »
I need to go find pics of that Leia prototype now...

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12122579_10153284388402153_9047099838386124438_n.jpg?oh=129a756da4d9c8803d4394b8c74f034e&oe=569B60B6

I missed the update on 6" Sabine.  What did they say?  I have not found anything about her yet.

Here is what SWAN said - "Sabine they're working on finding the realistic look for an animated character. Worked hard on removable helmet to make it look good when worn."

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12141525_10153284376822153_820777858585906444_n.jpg?oh=298cb56ca1dfa4dd2f08122774371881&oe=569423F0

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 9, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Thanks, Jeff.  At the moment, it looks like Season 1 Sabine!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 9, 2015, 09:54 AM »
I was checking out images from both the night before party as well as the panel.  But I haven't seen anything about a booth.  So no floor exhibit?

Feedback