Author Topic: Emperor, Faytonni, WA-7, Vader and Luke  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Emperor, Faytonni, WA-7, Vader and Luke
« on: August 19, 2003, 10:15 AM »
Galactic Hunter has some nice loose and carded shots posted of the new wave coming soon

That Emperor looks awesome one way and like crap the other.  I am excited to get all of these except Luke, the Vader is one of the best ever...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor, Faytonni, WA-7, Vader and Luke
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 10:27 AM »
Yep, those figures look pretty sweet. I really like Wa-7, Lieutenant Dannl Faytonni & Vader. Luke's face dosen't look good as with the The Emperor.

The Emperor's face looks like a carved pumpkin!  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 10:35 AM »
I think the face looks awesome, it is that stupid looking 2 piece hood...this is one figure I think a soft goods could have been experimented with.  I think they did this to have him look down while he is shocking the hell out of Luke, but it fails.  Some of the shots where the top of the head is in shadow looks good...not sure what to think on this one

The other thing that ticks me off on this stoopid wave

2x WA-7
2x Faytonni
2x Emperor
1x Luke Skywalker
1x Darth Vader
1x Wat Tambor
1x Colman Trebor
1x Ashla and Jempa
1x Archive Droid

Stop releasing the same figure over and over again Hasbro!  Wat and Coleman fine, they are a little hard to come by but man, have you not learned your lesson yet on pegwarming?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 10:36 AM »
BTW, these should be out here very soon, like within the next two weeks, so keep hitting those Targets :-*

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 10:51 AM »
I really like that Emperor. I think a little boiling water and a slight reposition on that hood and he'll be perfect. I'm planning on getting 2, so I can customize one for the EW Vader to hold. Sweeeeeet....

I'm a huge Emperor fan (not GNT), so I've been stoked about this figure since ToyFair. I'm glad we're finally getting a Palpy with black robes! Also, the vintage Emperor was originally going have a head that was separate from his cloth robes, so this seems like a little tribute of sorts. The 2004 Jedi Luke certainly looks like a tribute to his vintage counterpart.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 10:54 AM »
I GOTTA score a Faytonni, and soon!  I gotta get him in time for a show that's coming up here in September.  Anthony Daniels is going to be there, and I'd really like to get him to sign one of these, as well as a "Purchase Of The Droids" cinema scene that I had Phil Brown sign.  Anthony jsut doesn't make that many appearances on the autograph circuit now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 03:21 PM »
I'm still wait and see on the Emperor myself.  I like the idea of the moveable hood, but it's all about execution.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 09:04 PM »
Love 'em all!
dustrho

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 10:27 PM »
Can't wait to get 'em! ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2003, 04:51 AM »
I have to admit the Republic Officer figures are looking sharp.  Remember, these guys are the building blocks of the Imperial Officer corps someday.  Why, Lt. Faytonni could very well be a fleet Admiral by the time of ANH even.   ;D

The Vader sorta P's me off because he's trashed by an action feature...  The head is great though, and since an "ultimate Vader" has been on my to-do list, and since I have most of the parts I want to use already, the new/improved head will be great!

The Waitress droid isn't exactly interesting, but is one sharp looking figure.  Kinda like those archive droids were about as interesting as butterless toast, but still came out as nice figures for what they were.

The Luke doesn't even deserve negative comments, it sucks that bad that wasting your breath on it is a travesty.  Of course look for my review of it which I'm sure will be vicious! :)  I do see 2 redeeming features though.  The sabre looks awesome, and the base looks pretty neat.  What a bogus figure though.

The Emperor is weird...  Does he have a complete headsculpt under that hood?  I mean, what a neat customizing idea then.  A hood down Emperor Palpatine, or a bitchin' Palpatine with soft goods.  I mean, the dood has to shower and stuff sometimes and take that hood down once in a while you'd think.  Or he's got the dark side all over...  Even his smell.

I kinda dig the Emperor though mostly because we have a walking Emperor, a sitting Emperor, and now a couple lightning Emperors...  I'd still like one really nicely poseable one with soft-goods though.  It's yet another "to-do" list custom figure I guess because his likelihood of Hasbro doing him lessens with every year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2003, 10:20 AM »
Jesse, I think you're mistaken about which Luke and Vader are in this wave. While I completely agree with you on the new Vader and Luke from the Throne Room scene, those Luke and Vader figures are not the same as these.

The father and son duo from Collection2 Wave14 are both repacked "oldie-but-goodies" Masters Of The Darkside Vader and POTF2 Commtech T-16 Luke. Crazy how figures from a couple years ago or more are so much better than the throne room Luke and Vader from the last wave.

I'm actually kind of happy about this too. Even though I already have a MOTDS Vader, I never picked up the Luke for some reason (probably Tattoine Luke saturation). And I think these are 2 very solid representations of these characters to have on the pegs for both kids and collectors.

I fixed my throne room Vader by putting his head on a Imp 4-pack Vader and giving him cloth robes. Now he's sort of an ultimate badass Vader. I can have him posed fighting or even taunting Luke, or I can have him with his helmet off lying on the Imperial shuttle ramp. I figured I'd be in a cold, cold grave before Hasbro got around to giving us an ultimate Vader.

On another note, Jesse, your naked Emperor idea scares the hell out of me! :o
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2003, 10:14 AM »
I've seen a few notes from the west coast that these are now out in stores.  Keep them eyes peeled :-* Especially at Target ;)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 12:55 AM »
A couple Wal*Marts in Michigan got some in today including the store nearest me. Unfortunately every last one of them was beaten up very badly so I left with nothing. They do looks very nice though as well as the repacked Luke and Vader. If I am not mistaken the Luke was the CTC version that with a saber and different pose. The Vader is the MOTDS cloth cape version and looks pretty cool in the package. The hunt is on! Good luck all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 12:57 AM by T-Bone Kenobi »