Author Topic: Stormtroopers and Chewies Motivation EP3  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Stormtroopers and Chewies Motivation EP3
« on: August 19, 2003, 11:35 AM »
Here is a quote from www.theforce.net

"So you're hearing rumblings that in Episode III there's to be some Wookiee fighting? Yup, Lucas has stated publically there is a small action sequence involving the classic creatures including Chewbacca.
Well, the original version of the scene involved them fighting alongside Yoda - fighting off stormtroopers. They're all dressed up in battle armor and everything. At one point (not sure how this will play out in the end) it was decided that everyone of them would die except Chewbacca, giving him motivation for helping the Rebellion against the Empire in the original Star Wars movies."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Stormtroopers and Chewies Motivation EP3
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 12:14 PM »
Hmmmm, interesting.  

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 12:40 PM »
so...freakin....sweeeet.....  :o
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 02:43 PM »
That would be awesome,  but I thought that Chewie joined the rebellion with Han Solo?  Interesting...

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 09:38 AM »
...I thought that Chewie joined the rebellion with Han Solo?

Perhaps. Remember, this was described as "the original version," so take what you read with a grain of salt. The scene may have changed. (Heck, the Cantina scene did.  >:( )

And as far as onscreen canon goes, Chewie and Han didn't join the Rebellion until the Battle of Yavin. But this Wookiee battle scene is just to give Chewie motivation for joining, not actually depict it.

Offscreen, it's been suggested that the Wookiees were enslaved by the Empire. That storyline should probably go away since Anakin himself was a slave. If anything, he'd sympathize with the plight of such technologically proficient beings as himself.
Post sober.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 10:53 AM »
It also makes it more believeable that a couple of drug smugglers can take on Imperial shock-troops.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 12:52 PM »
Perhaps chewie does have rebel sypathies, and even helps them out, then Han saves his life and he has to follow him around and that takes him on a more dubious path.  When they hook up with Liea and Luke before the battle of Yavin han is going to leave but chewie growls somthing and Han replie "I know what I'm doing" or something.  It's seems to me as if chewie still wants to stick around and help out.
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 02:43 PM »
I desperately want a DVD feature with subtitles for Chewie and Artoo and all the other aliens and droids. There's probably some REALLY good stuph in there that we're totally missing out on. Imagine all the canon you could make up or change just by inserting subtitles:

EXT. TATOOINE - ROCK CANYON - FLOOR - DAY

Artoo forces himself into the shadows of a small alcove in the rocks as the vicious Sand People walk past carrying the inert Luke Skywalker, who is dropped in a heap before the speeder.

HEAD TUSKEN RAIDER: (subtitled) Holy cow, Gari, what did you DO?!

GARI: (subtitled) I didn't do nuthin'! I just jumped in front of the kid like "Rahr!" Little wimp passed out.

TUSKEN RAIDER ASSITANT: (subtitled) You hit him.

GARI: (subtitled) I did not!

TUSKEN RAIDER ASSITANT: (subtitled) I saw you swinging.

GARI: (subtitled) I was swingin' but I never hit 'im!

HEAD TUSKEN RAIDER: (subtitled) Alright you two, just leave him there. He'll be okay. Remember, we're just peaceful desert thieves, not bloody barbarians.

GARI: (subtitled) Hey, I got a rep to maintain.

TUSKEN RAIDER ASSITANT: (subtitled) Give it a rest, Gari.

The Sand People ransack the speeder, throwing parts and supplies in all directions.  Suddenly they stop. Then everything is quiet for a few moments. A great howling moan is heard echoing throughout the canyon which sends the Sand People fleeing in terror.

TUSKEN RAIDER ASSITANT: (subtitled) AIEEE!!! A Jedi! He'll slaughter our children! Run away!

And then later:

BEN: Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid.

ARTOO: (subtitled) YOU LYING SACK OF $#!%! You remember me! Don't SAY you don't remember ME! Threepio, he's pulling that "certain point of view" crap again! Beat him over the head with your good arm! That'll jog his memory.

If Lucas doesn't include this feature on the Ultimate DVD set, I'll do it myself!
Post sober.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 03:11 PM »
That is too funny ;D

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2003, 11:18 PM »