Author Topic: Toy Fair 2016 - 6" Black Series  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Toy Fair 2016 - 6" Black Series
« on: February 13, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Here are some images/notes that I've been able to string together from social media so far:

NEWS - SDCC2016 Hasbro Star Wars Exclusive 6" Black Series figure from STAR WARS - ROGUE ONE (character TBA)

BLACK SERIES 6" FIGURES

Sabine Wren (REBELS) - Painted Prototype
Sabine (alternate shot)

Princess Leia (A New Hope)

Darth Revan

Imperial AT-AT Driver

Imperial Snowtrooper

Finn (FN-2187)

Packaged Kanan Jarrus & Ahsoka Tano

C-3PO (The Force Awakens)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2016 - 6" Black Series
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 05:35 PM »
That face sculpt on Leia is terrible.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 05:44 PM »
It is rather... handsome.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Reminds me of the POTF2 "monkey faced" Leia.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:03 PM »
That's a man, baby!

Anyone think somewhere the sculptor of that is sitting alone with a solitary tear running down his cheek over all the berating his work is taking tonight?

I have to say I find the softgoods ugly too.  A skirt bit I'd get but the whole outfit?  Meh.  Same on Luke's robe.  Why?  I thought hyper detailed sculpts were part of the point of the 6" line?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Man, I want to love that Sabine figure so much but that paint job is just crude (I realize it's only a prototype) and it just doesn't look like her. Really wish they had gone the animated route with her and Kanan to preserve the aesthetic.

Still, props for the removable helmet.

Leia and Luke just look weird.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 10:39 AM »
It's interesting that there was really only one TFA reveal, C3PO. Seems like the main thrust of all TFA figure product is already past it's peak which pretty fast.

Totally agree about the Leia, seems almost inconceivable that after all these years and technical advances that they can still get her face sculpt wrong.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 05:51 PM »
There's still some ground to cover for TFA. But with a year between movies now?  I think the first 6 months from a line launch is going to be where we're going to get the major offerings.  And look at how the 6" Black Series for TFA has gone so far.  We've got almost every main character except for Luke, Leia, Snoke, Maz Kanata and Rey in her outfit from the end of the film.   The First Order has been very well represented.  Hopefully there's a TFA Luke soon.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Eh, there used to be a time even 2-3 years ago when I would get worked up over the lack of product, but now I just figure that if Hasbro doesn't want my money, I'll gladly give it to toy companies that do. Hence my branching out into LEGO (which has been doing some outrageous price gouging lately), the Japanese SW collectibles, and other non-Star Wars toylines.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 01:45 AM »
6" has never appealed to me as the scale's just too big to be manageable for displaying a huge, expansive toy line.  So to that end I never had a dog in this specific hunt.  In general though (4" as well) I never mind when Hasbro has things dialed down.  First how much could they show?  Second, with the film line-ups, how are they ever going to devote a lot to any single line or series even?  I mean, they've got Rebels, they've got a movie every year, they've got 4" SA, 4" 5POA, 6" stuff, 12" stuff...  not counting ALLLLL the other stuff they do and devote resources to as well.

I'm not on a Star Wars kick at this point where if they miss something, I'll be all that peeved.  If I were, I'd be mad the Resistance guys suck.  :-\  My new Fleet Trooper?  Maybe 15 years ago.

Like you Steve, I am collecting other stuff.  My $ goes there (and what I buy can cost a LOT), but I'm a happier person.

I couldn't fathom only buying Star Wars, and on top of it being pissed off about everything that came out too.  That's obsession on a whole other level I'm afraid.

So I like what I like that they do, and if they only do a little, I'm just as happy since I probably just bout a $100+ toy from some company in China anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 08:52 PM »
I don't collect 6" figures, but that Revan looks awesome!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 04:48 PM »
I collect the 6" line.  They're all around excellent figures, even if they are pretty much upscaled versions of the highly articulated 3 3/4" figures Hasbro was making in quantity until just recently.  But given their size and price, I collect sporadically, usually not getting entire waves, but just specific figures I like.  Still, they seem to sell well as the pegs are almost always empty of them, so collectors must be getting them - except for Finn in his Jakku jacket.   

As for the Toy Fair stuff, I'm glad to see a classic ANH Leia in the 6" scale...  But have to agree with the others that her face sucks.  I was also hoping to see a 6" scale modern T-70 X-Wing to go with the giant TIE Fighter, but guess I'll keep dreaming to that end :-\
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:51 PM by tmanthegreat »
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 09:42 AM »
I was also hoping to see a 6" scale modern T-70 X-Wing to go with the giant TIE Fighter, but guess I'll keep dreaming to that end :-\

I think they have a LOT of TIEs to sell before that happens.  That thing is taking up a big chunk of real estate at every Target in town.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 10:40 AM »
I could totally see them doing a 6" X-wing for Episode 8.  I'm sure it won't be true to scale; it'll be more like the mini-X-wing, but in the 6" scale.  But it makes sense that would be next... assuming there is a "next" for the 6" mega-vehicles.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 3, 2016, 12:10 PM »
Yeah, I keep wondering whether the "01" I see on the side of the 6" scale TIE Fighter box is means its the first of a series of large scale ships or the only large-sized vehicle that will ever be made... 

Granted the TIE does have its issues, but several months after purchasing it, I still have mine parked on my study's floor and looking very impressive :)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D