Author Topic: 2016 Droid Factory R5-M4 (May the 4th)  (Read 21929 times)

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Disney May the 4th R5-M4 BAD Astromech
« Reply #45 on: May 9, 2016, 08:19 PM »
Got mine in the mail on Saturday and think it is one of the best they've done!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2016, 12:54 AM »
This is apparently now on the Disney Parks app for $12.99
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2016, 01:23 AM »
I received the six R5s I shipped home from the park today. They all arrived in good shape so I am now in the process of trying to find a reasonably sized box so I can ship the figure MOC. Unfortunately the small flat rate priority mail box does not fit the cardback and the next size up is a flat rate of $13.45, so I have to find something smaller that will work.

Here is the list of folks who reached out asking for one:
  • GrandMoffNick (MOC)
  • JediMoses (MOC)
  • Jimree (MOC)
  • Jedi Idej (Opened)
  • Darth_Anton (Opened)
  • Master_Phruby

So like I mentioned before these are $13.85 plus shipping to you. Paul - let me know how you want the figures either MOC or with the bubble cut off the card and the figure loose (plus whether or not you want the cardback). Anton & Jedi Idej - let me know if you want the cardback or just the droid.

If anyone backs out on me, I'll let the thread know.

Thanks.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Wonderful! Thanks Pete! Loose would be great.  Don't need card back.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:40 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 09:28 AM »
I'll live without the card back. Thanks a ton!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2016, 11:30 AM »
Was I still on the list Pete?  I know you're juggling lots of people and figures, but I wanted to check.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:30 AM by Rob »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2016, 04:48 PM »
Was I still on the list Pete?  I know you're juggling lots of people and figures, but I wanted to check.

Yes, sorry - didn't mean to leave you off the list - I had picked up yours separate and since you indicated it could be loose, I detached it from the cardback and stuffed the two separate pieces (cardback and droid in bubble) in my luggage.

Sorry for the confusion...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Got the droid. Thanks Pete! That was really nice of you to pick that up for me.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2016, 06:16 PM »
Thanks Pete!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 07:05 PM »
I saw Adam Pawlus called the R5-M4 droid "just different enough to make you mad", but I gotta say that's way off the mark...  This droid is pretty significantly different.  The orange isn't even the same shade/tone as the orange on any of the BAD parts.  It's got all the very noticeable silver highlights (which I mistook for white in the pics before I owned it), and almost every panel/detail is painted differently in one way or another.

Gotta say this doesn't fit the bill on that one for me.  You can't build this droid at the park, at all, or come even close to it really.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2016, 07:22 PM »
I saw Adam Pawlus called the R5-M4 droid "just different enough to make you mad", but I gotta say that's way off the mark...  This droid is pretty significantly different.  The orange isn't even the same shade/tone as the orange on any of the BAD parts.  It's got all the very noticeable silver highlights (which I mistook for white in the pics before I owned it), and almost every panel/detail is painted differently in one way or another.

Gotta say this doesn't fit the bill on that one for me.  You can't build this droid at the park, at all, or come even close to it really.  :-X

Agreed - unless he's referring to the fact that you can (or could) have built an all-black R5 droid at Disney in the past, then, yeah sure, it's "different" - but to me, the second the color changes on a part that makes it different enough to make me want to add it to my collection.

There is only ONE droid combo where he "just different enough to make you mad" might apply and that is the white w/yellow R6. In wave 1 (2012) it was a orange-yellow color and then when wave 2.5 came out with TFA droids, it was more of a lemon-yellow to go with the white w/lemon-yellow parts from wave 2 (2015) - sure some of the panels were painted differently and there was more silver in the wave 2 trunk, but yeah - those are two fairly "close" droids, but if you're going for all of the versions of the parts, you HAVE to include them.

At the end of the day, the Build-a-Droids at Disney are so varied, it really does come down to collect what you want - if you want all of the parts go for it, if you want 2x of each dome on two different body designs, go for it, if you want just a handful of droids made up from your favorite colors, go for it and if you want none of them at all, that's an option too, they aren't technically "Hasbro" so you can play the "Hasbro purist" card and skip them altogether.
Peter

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Adam should copyright the phrase "just different enough to make you mad". He says it a lot.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2016, 11:26 AM »
Some people on Reddit ordered this from the Disney Parks app, and it was shipped to them in a bag. MOMC collectors beware!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2016, 01:34 PM »
Got mine yesterday, thanks again Pete!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Some people on Reddit ordered this from the Disney Parks app, and it was shipped to them in a bag. MOMC collectors beware!

This doesn't surprise me at all. I sent back home a total of 10 droids broken into two shipments - one of four and one of six - all Disney did when shipping them home was to take the bag they were in and put them into a box with a modest amount of packaging. I feel like I got lucky that those 10 arrived in as good condition as they did.
Peter