Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

2016 Toys R Us SDCC Exclusive 6" Astromech 3-Pack

(1/8) > >>

Nicklab:
Not so much a rumor since there are pics, but this morning I saw the post for an astromech 3-pack at Yakface.  Considering the lineup of droids?  I think this set might be linked to ROGUE ONE since at least one of them looks like it was in the hangar on Yavin IV in the first trailer.  Based on the packaging the droid lineup includes:

-R2-A3
-R5-K6
-R2-F2

Dave:
I thought all the random droid repaints for 3.75" were cool and I was up for just about anything. 

I don't feel the same way about 6" figures though.  They're just too big to justify buying lots of random figures that have 0.38 seconds of screen time.

I'm also concerned about Hasbro's track record with this line in a price point above $20.  All of the larger 6" sets have been huge peg warmers, or barely even made it to market. 

I might bite if they manage to package the three of these for something like $35-40, but I'm not sold yet.  Hopefully these are an online exclusive (Amazon or EE) at a good price point.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on May 17, 2016, 08:00 AM ---Not so much a rumor since there are pics, but this morning I saw the post for an astromech 3-pack at Yakface.  Considering the lineup of droids?  I think this set might be linked to ROGUE ONE since at least one of them looks like it was in the hangar on Yavin IV in the first trailer.  Based on the packaging the droid lineup includes:

-R2-A3
-R5-K6
-R2-F2

--- End quote ---

I just saw a post from FlyGuy that this is going to be a shared convention exclusive available at both SDCC2016 and Celebration Europe.

McMetal:
Interesting choice...pretty obscure character selection. Was hoping the Tudyk-droid would be the SDCC exclusive, but this is ok too I guess.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Dave on May 17, 2016, 09:37 AM ---I thought all the random droid repaints for 3.75" were cool and I was up for just about anything. 

I don't feel the same way about 6" figures though.  They're just too big to justify buying lots of random figures that have 0.38 seconds of screen time.
--- End quote ---

It is kinda funny how the endless droid/trooper repaints are tolerated in the 3.75" line but in the 6" line, it's a gut punch to a lot of folks that they have a made a 6" scale R5-K6, Constable Zuvio, and Crimson Stormtrooper figures, but no Old-Ben, Lando, etc yet.

Still seems amazing to me there is no Lando in the BS6" line yet.  I guess "WHERE ARE THE FEMALES?!?" anger has trumped "WHERE ARE THE MINORITIES?!?" these days.  :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version