Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164334 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2009, 01:03 PM »
I went to see the Aquabats at Magic Mountain last saturday. That show was epic! Catboy and Chainsaw were back. Christian "Bat Commander" Jacobs was in fine form. We had front row seats. I just didn't know we were in the "splash zone". It was a great way to end a fun day at the park.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32 PM »
I saw Pearl Jam Monday night here in Chicago and it was just an amazing show, after 3 days I've had time to collect my thoughts and it's earned it's place in my top 5 concerts attended list. The two encores alone were worth the price of admission including Black, Porch, State of Love & Trust, Yellow LedBetter, Life Wasted, etc, it was just ******* outstanding. This was my first time seeing PJ, but having listened to concert bootlegs for over 15 years I can say that they still have the same passionately angst ridden sound that attracted me back in high school and I'm quite happy to have gotten the opportunity to finally see them live. Definitely going to see them again the next time they roll through town.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 5, 2009, 06:03 PM »
My wife got us tickets to see Star Wars in Concert at the Honda Center in Anaheim for my birthday! ;D

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 5, 2009, 07:33 PM »
I saw Pearl Jam Monday night here in Chicago and it was just an amazing show, after 3 days I've had time to collect my thoughts and it's earned it's place in my top 5 concerts attended list. The two encores alone were worth the price of admission including Black, Porch, State of Love & Trust, Yellow LedBetter, Life Wasted, etc, it was just ******* outstanding. This was my first time seeing PJ, but having listened to concert bootlegs for over 15 years I can say that they still have the same passionately angst ridden sound that attracted me back in high school and I'm quite happy to have gotten the opportunity to finally see them live. Definitely going to see them again the next time they roll through town.

Glad to hear it.  I've got tix to see them on 9/28 here in SLC.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 8, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Hey does anyone know if they allow costumes at the Star Wars in Concert show?

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 8, 2009, 07:23 PM »
My wife got us tickets to see Star Wars in Concert at the Honda Center in Anaheim for my birthday! ;D

Awesome! I will be going there on Friday the 2nd!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 9, 2009, 04:38 AM »
I've been attending concerts and festivals ever since my brother convinced me to go to the Dynamo Open Air festival here in Holland in '95. Well, with the likes of Fear Factory, Machine Head, Life of Agony, Type O'Negative and an infamous one time performance by Nailbomb, I quickly became addicted to live music.

Anywho, I got a ticket to the Wolfmother concert in Amsterdam (which sold out in minutes) on Oct. 15, Let'z Zep in March (THE Zep coverband) and Machine Head/Hatebreed/Bleeding Through/All Shall Perish in February.

Late August I attended a German festival called Area4, featuring Deftones, Life of Agony and Faith No More. Here's a couple of pics from that event. Yes, there are scantily clad ladies, because it was scorching hot  :P

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 9, 2009, 09:59 AM »
Speaking of cover bands, I normally have no interest.  But Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands, and I'll obviously never be able to see the original line up, and it's doubtful I'll ever see them in any incarnation.  So when a radio station ran a promo for $10 tickets to see The Australian Pink Floyd Show, I bit.

I have pretty low expectations, but has anybody seen them?  How is it?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 9, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Haven't seen them, but apparently Let'z Zep's so good, they performed live at the release of Mothership.

Another cover band that really impressed me, is The Perfect Tool. Saw them for a couple of buck in the hottest and smallest of venues, but they're good. Even the members from Tool applaud their performances. Says enough.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Saw U2 at Soldier Field Saturday night - epic and worth the long wait.

Pics here:

U2

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 22, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Saw U2's second showing last night at Gillette Stadium.  Incredible show and well worth the price of tickets.  Snow Patrol opened and played a pretty good set.

The wife took the pics and they only one I have is a shot from our seats prior to the show beginning.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 22, 2009, 12:06 PM »
I went to see the Aquabats at Magic Mountain last saturday. That show was epic! Catboy and Chainsaw were back. Christian "Bat Commander" Jacobs was in fine form. We had front row seats. I just didn't know we were in the "splash zone". It was a great way to end a fun day at the park.

Ha ha...I remember seeing those guys on Yo Gabba Gabba, had no idea it was a real band.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 22, 2009, 12:12 PM »
I've been attending concerts and festivals ever since my brother convinced me to go to the Dynamo Open Air festival here in Holland in '95. Well, with the likes of Fear Factory, Machine Head, Life of Agony, Type O'Negative and an infamous one time performance by Nailbomb, I quickly became addicted to live music.

Dude, I loved this post! Eindhoven is the bomb! That's awesome you got to see the epic Nailbomb set. Max was killing it that day.

The biggest thing around here this summer was the Summer Slaughterfest, headlined by Necrophagist and Suffocation. Necrophagist was unbelievably sick.

Metal rules!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 2, 2009, 10:42 AM »

Ha ha...I remember seeing those guys on Yo Gabba Gabba, had no idea it was a real band.

Sure they were a fairly big ska band about ten years ago. They were always played on the radio. Now the lead singer is the exec producer of Yo Gabba Gabba.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 2, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Saw Star Wars in Concert last night. It was a really fun show. It was the story of star wars narrated live by Anthony Daniels complete with a live orchasta. The video screen was extremely clear and the lasers and fire effects were fun. One interesting thing was they showed scenes of the jedi council in Episode 1 with a CG Yoda!