Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A thread about concerts.

<< < (122/126) > >>

McMetal:
Nice! How was Dillinger Escape Plan? I was working at Relapse when we signed those guys...unreal live show.

I had the pleasure of watching another Relapse band live last night...Richmond's own Windhand.  8)

BillCable:
I need to move to Japan...

https://twitter.com/BABYMETAL_JAPAN/status/804137928058290176/photo/1

Rob:

--- Quote from: McMetal on September 17, 2016, 03:23 PM ---Nice! How was Dillinger Escape Plan? I was working at Relapse when we signed those guys...unreal live show.

I had the pleasure of watching another Relapse band live last night...Richmond's own Windhand.  8)

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I missed this... they're always amazing.  I'm bummed that they're calling it quits, but am looking forward to the inevitable reunion tour in a few years. :)

McMetal:
That's awesome Rob. When Relapse first signed those guys years ago it was off a performance at some guy's house party in PA. Blew everyone away. I think they were one of the first bands to get slapped with the "Math Metal" label, which I love.

And yeah, I need to move to Japan too. I could literally quit my life and become a BabyMetal groupie.

Rob:
For sure.  The band I was in back in college played a show with them in Baltimore.  Would have been 2002-ish.  I'd never heard of them, and had never seen anything like it.  Total insanity.  At one point I remember the bass player breaking the head of his guitar off on some guy's head - total accident, he was just going crazy with it and hit this guy so hard that it broke right off.  He must have had a string lock or something because everyone just carried on like it had never happened.

Saw them again a few years ago here with Darkest Hour and for how awesome I think they are, Dillinger's set was so much more over the top that it made Darkest Hour look like a bunch of school girls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version