Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164708 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Went with the girlfriend to see Incubus the other night. It was an alright show, at least the seats were good, 6th row center.

I can't fathom to see Incubus now when I used to see them in clubs the size of people's basements back when they were good. They are amazingly talented musicians that have let being on the radio limit themselves. Such a shame...

Yeah i have seen them when they were that small too. I was not a fan then, still not a fan now. Her favorite band though, but i understand what you are saying. I feel the same way about alot of bands i have seen before they made it big and its just not the same to see them play MSG as it was to play a small club.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2007, 10:46 PM »
Just picked up tickets for me and a buddy to see Dropkick Murphys in November. The tickets themselves were only $20 each, but after the "convenience charge", "order processing charge", and paying $2.50 to print my tickets, it worked out to $30.19. ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 17, 2007, 12:00 AM »
I saw Black Rebel Motorcycle Club the other night (9/13) for the third time.  It was an absolutely incredible show.  If you get a chance to catch these guys, do it.  You'll be blown away.

Nothing coming this week, but the week after that, I've got tickets to see Arcade Fire with LCD Soundsystem (9/26) and then Smashing Pumpkins (9/28).  The only other tickets I've got are for the Vegoose festival in Las Vegas at the end of October (Muse & Rage Against the Machine), but I'll probably be seeing either Interpol or the Shout Out Louds on 10/15.  Haven't quite got that one pinned down yet.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:07 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 17, 2007, 12:38 PM »
If you haven't seen Interpol yet I would suggest that one. They are amazing live.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Saw my first night of two nights of Genesis. It rained. Second day it rains all year in Los Angeles and it's the show I've been waiting 15 years for and had very good seats for. The keyboards shorted during Invisible Touch, the show was done. You can't have a Genesis concert without keyboards so they had to cancel. Luckily there were only two songs to go.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2007, 10:17 AM »
If you haven't seen Interpol yet I would suggest that one. They are amazing live.

I'm seeing them next week with the Shout Out Louds.  I picked up the Shout Out Louds tickets and they had to change the Venue, so Interpol invited them to open for them.

I'm psyched.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #336 on: October 15, 2007, 08:14 AM »
Got a fre ticket to see Queens of the Stone Age at MSG the other night. Pretty good show, not the best that i have seen them but still pretty good.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #337 on: December 17, 2007, 10:51 PM »
This has been kind of a **** year for me as far as shows go, but I've got a couple of big ones coming up that I'm excited about:

The Flaming Lips - New Year's Eve, Oklahoma City

Wilco - March 8 at the historic Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, Oklahoma

---

Since my last post in here I've seen Jeff Tweedy (Tulsa, January 19) and Wilco side-project The Autumn Defense (Norman, February 10).  Like I said, kind of a **** year.  But it's almost over, and what better way to ring in the new year than with a Flaming Lips show on New Year's Eve?  Should be a lot of fun.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Radiohead, St. Louis, May 14.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2008, 03:59 PM »
ZZ Top is playing at my school in April, I might try and get tickets.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2008, 04:32 PM »
Picked up tickets for Rush this morning.  First time playing here in town in 28 years or something crazy like that.  Someone chucked a bottle at Geddy Lee and he stayed pissed off for that long.  Row 18 on the floor, May 24. 

Picked up tickets for Steve Winwood/Tom Petty last week two.  August 9th, Row 17 on the floor.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #341 on: February 14, 2008, 07:24 PM »
MY buddy gave me a Van Halen ticket for March. I am more of a Sammy fan than Dave but i will go anyway.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2008, 09:50 PM »
MY buddy gave me a Van Halen ticket for March. I am more of a Sammy fan than Dave but i will go anyway.

They haven't announced the date for VH up here yet, though the promoters are telling people I know it's a lock.  I'll likely be at that, though they were over $100 last time they came through, which was 1996.  I like them, but not if the price is much higher. :-\  Rumor of the Eagles coming through as well, speaking of expensive concerts.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 14, 2008, 09:58 PM »
The Eagles Canadian tour?  :o

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Someone chucked a bottle at Geddy Lee and he stayed pissed off for that long. 

I like him already.