Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164321 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Any MASS people going to Locobazooka?
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2003, 10:28 AM »
Here is the lineup:

Staind
Sevendust
Powerman 5000
Ra
Hed PE
Cave In
Hotwire
Ill Nino
Lacuna Coil
Lo-Pro
Smile Empty Soul
Shinedown
Revis
Motograter

The show is Sept. 28th at Fitchburg Municipal Airport.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #31 on: September 3, 2003, 05:58 PM »
Just thought I'd mention this Saturday we are headed to see those 4 zany Aussies... (The Wiggles)

Dork.

That said, Patty and I have been to five concerts in the last month, but most likely nothing you hard rockin' youngsters would be in to.  We've just seen:

Jackson Browne (Patty's all-time favorite singer)

Mark Cohn ("Walking in Memphis")

Norah Jones (free tickets from some friends, not big fans though)

Kenny Loggins - what can I say, Footloose and Danger Zone from Top Gun...  Gotta love that!   ;D

John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl - 11 Star Wars songs, with a zillion flashing lightsabers throughout the audience - AWESOME!   8)

I've been to a lot of other concerts in the past, including Madonna, Janet, Tom Petty, Brian Setzer, BBD, Billy Joel, Elton John, Rolling Stones, The Time, Beach Boys, Eagles, Weird Al, Boston, Go-Go's, and of course - Bon Jovi (my sister won tickets off the radio!  :-*).  Too many others to list and/or remember...  Mostly classic (70's) rock and 80's acts, but really all over the board with the exception of the current modern rock era.  Though you'll all be happy to hear that Patty went to some "harder" concerts before we met, like Pearl Jam, Metallica, GnR, etc...   ;)

I have to post this, because I'm extremely excited.

I just booked a trip to California to take my two nephews and sister to their first Weird Al concert ever. It's next weekend, and I found a cheap flight.   :)

He's at the Greek, right Josh?  Cool deal!  Are you staying down here for a night?  If so, where?  I'm like 15 minutes from the Greek Theater, so give me a shout as to your plans while you're in town, and maybe we can work something out (better than Comic Con  :P).

Any word on that other little "plan"...?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #32 on: September 6, 2003, 01:26 PM »
He's at the Greek, right Josh?  Cool deal!  Are you staying down here for a night?  If so, where?  I'm like 15 minutes from the Greek Theater, so give me a shout as to your plans while you're in town, and maybe we can work something out (better than Comic Con  ).

Any word on that other little "plan"...?

I fly out  tonight at about 9pm from Seattle, the concert is tomorrow at Great America in San Jose (not the one at the Greek last night which I can't believe you didn't go to!).

A friend of mine is also driving the 900 miles down to the bay area to join my sisters, nephews and I at the concert....and then I'm doing the road trip back up with him for fun.

I still say you should drive up.....it's only 400 miles. After this, he's off to Australia, and he may never come back again.  :)

Then on Tuesday, I see him at the Fair in WA with all of my friends up here....and yes, I think there is going to be a little extra Star Wars flavor to this particular show. I'll post the details on Weds if it turns out like I'm hoping, and give credit where it's due...... ;)
« Last Edit: September 6, 2003, 01:27 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2003, 02:01 PM »
And yes, two days later...I have some pics to share.

Several members of the local 501st chapter (including myself) got to participate in the Weird Al Concert  near Seattle on Tuesday night. We came out on stage during the 1st part of the encore for the Star Wars songs during "The Saga Begins".

We worked out a little routine where we were very "trooper-like" during the slow parts of the song, and then we all danced during the chorus, only to go back to being statues again. Everyone had their own little dance to do. I think mine was the cabbage patch, and Vader was doing the "Staying alive" thing.

It was a lot of fun, and the band was great. The crowd loved it, and I'm sure 10,000 is the largest crowd we've ever been in front of. I have to give very special thanks to a certain member of this board for helping to get me in touch with the right people to set this gig up.

I'm quite sure this will go down in history as the best concert I've ever been to.

Got Clones?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2003, 02:12 PM »
Cool stuff Josh!  Sounds like a blast

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2003, 02:14 PM »
Josh, that is absolutely AWESOME man!  I'm so glad everything worked out for you and the boys, especially with such short notice.  Looks like Weird Al was definitely diggin' your added Star Wars vibe!  That's just classic...   8)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2003, 02:32 PM »
Yeah. And as always, he was REALLY nice. He took the time to talk to each of us, sign stuff and take pictures with everyone. Then we took pictures with anyone who was around and wanted them. Crew members, Fair staff, and kids. PLUS all these radio contest winners that were backstage. We took pictures with each of them too, so I'm sure there are a lot of weird pictures floating around out there. It was just a really good vibe. I have nothing but nice things to say about the whole experience.

I will say this though. I'm REALLY glad I went to the concert in CA on Sunday and got to see the whole set with my nephews, because we were changing during the last 3 or 4 songs and I was wishing I could be out there watching the show. We got to see most of it, but the last few songs and the medley are always my favorite, and I was listening to them backstage going "D'oh! I wish I was out there!"

Got Clones?

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Headbanger's Ball Tour...
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2003, 11:51 AM »
... comes to Denver tonight and I can't wait to see Lamb of God!

Anyone had the tour hit their area and go? It's pretty early, but would love to hear what others thought of the show if they have seen it.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Aerosmith and KISS
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2003, 10:34 AM »
Well, there is an Aerosmith and KISS concert coming up in December at the PEPSI Arena in Albany, NY, and Im considering going. Has anyone seen either of these bands in concert? Was the show worth going?

Thanks.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: Aerosmith and KISS
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2003, 10:36 AM »
Saw KISS when I was in HS- I though they put on one hell of a show- I tried going when they were in my area but couldn't get tickets-   I would see them again anytime I could-

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2003, 10:59 AM »
I threw a mustard packet at Steven Tyler at an Aerosmith concert in 1993, which glanced off his right facial cheek, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I'm a dick, but I don't feel too bad about it--the man's been artistically bankrupt for twenty-five years.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2003, 11:38 AM »
I live really close to the ampitheatre they played at here in Dallas. I sat out in front of my place with a lawn chair and listened. I'm not into Aerosmith, but KISS rocked!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2003, 11:47 AM »
Too bad the tickets are $55, $85, and $125 for the Moline, Ill. show. I was thinking about  going, but, sheesh.

Seen KISS twice, had a blast both times.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2003, 12:41 PM »
Is this the 2nd leg of the tour? I remember there was a first time around, including Saliva, which I would have loved to have seen.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2003, 03:09 PM »
KISS July 27, 1977 & July 29, 1977.  8)  Now those were the days!  :-*