Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164337 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #480 on: March 17, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Make sure you pay attention to the FTTB annoucements.  I never get pit tickets so don't bother with the details, but it sounds pretty sweet. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 17, 2010, 03:16 PM »
Maybe I'm being dense but what's FTTP?  First to the partition?

I think that they're filling it with seats for this one.  I've got seat numbers and everything.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 17, 2010, 03:57 PM »
FTTB = First to the Barrier.  Exactly the same meaning as what you wrote but their vernacular.  Fan club folks with floor seats are randomly selected to be allowed first to the front of the line right at the barrier keeping folks on the floor. 

Not sure what happens at the Arena/Stadium you're going to so it may be different, but I'd dig around the board there for info on your show to see if you can figure it out.  Up here the floor is general "seating" with no chairs at all, so the whole thing is the pit.  Those selected for FTTB get a wrist band I think and are brought to the front prior to the start of the show (and I think you get to go on stage too).  They then basically struggle to remain there but you're basically given a front row "seat".  Pretty cool if you're on the floor but I have no desire to wrestle with drunken headbangers anymore - I'm a passive drunk these days.  We'll be standing the whole show but can easily move about to get more beer, take a leak, etc. and still get back to our seats. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #483 on: March 17, 2010, 04:40 PM »
We'll be standing the whole show

Barring any unforeseen circumstances that is...  [petty]and I'm free... free-fallin'[/petty]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:40 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 17, 2010, 04:59 PM »
FTTB = First to the Barrier.  Exactly the same meaning as what you wrote but their vernacular.  Fan club folks with floor seats are randomly selected to be allowed first to the front of the line right at the barrier keeping folks on the floor. 

Not sure what happens at the Arena/Stadium you're going to so it may be different, but I'd dig around the board there for info on your show to see if you can figure it out.  Up here the floor is general "seating" with no chairs at all, so the whole thing is the pit.  Those selected for FTTB get a wrist band I think and are brought to the front prior to the start of the show (and I think you get to go on stage too).  They then basically struggle to remain there but you're basically given a front row "seat".  Pretty cool if you're on the floor but I have no desire to wrestle with drunken headbangers anymore - I'm a passive drunk these days.  We'll be standing the whole show but can easily move about to get more beer, take a leak, etc. and still get back to our seats. 

Thanks.  I'm relatively new to buying good seats to these things.  The venue has two different seating charts on the Ticketmaster site... one with an open pit up front, and one without it.  The pit version has rows starting with the letter R and the non-pit version starts with A.  Given that our tickets are G, I think it's safe to say that they're putting seats in for this one.

That said, I'll check into it to make sure everything's like I think it is.  As soon as their forum comes back online...  ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 17, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Yeah, the Maiden boards are horribly unreliable.  One of those days was the days the Canadian passwords came out. Mild panic there as I didn't get my password early enough for the previous concert and I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the crowd. 

Jeff, what can I say, Petty makes me swoon.   :-*

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 24, 2010, 05:00 PM »
Okay, last Saturday I went to see Letz Zep, a very good Zep cover band. Sure, the singer didn't sound 100% like Plant, but the four of them really put on a groovy show. Very cool to hear timeless songs live like that.

The following Sunday I saw the FLC put on their best show ever. And I can tell, because I've seen 'em like 17 times. Except that one time we went to the venue to find out they were..... stuck at the airport  :-\

And the next day I saw the FLC again, playing a slightly different setlist, but equally outstanding. These guys just know exactly how to put on an excellent show and throw a big party  8)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 11, 2010, 08:18 AM »
My wife got me tickets to see Roger Waters perform "The Wall" in October. So awesome!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 11, 2010, 09:54 AM »
My wife got me tickets to see Roger Waters perform "The Wall" in October. So awesome!!!!!

Very cool.  We're not currently on the tour but are hoping Winnipeg will be added.  I'd love to see that show since I haven't seen Waters or Floyd since back in the 1980s  :-X

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2010, 03:25 AM »
Up next in June: The Haunted, Lamb of God and Ignite  >:D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Petty show was awesome a little over a week ago.  Stayed vertical  8)  I'll post some pics from my phone later on. 

Iron Maiden tonight.  Let me hear you scream Winnipeg!  >:D

Rob, reminder to register for FTTB tickets. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Up next in June: The Haunted, Lamb of God and Ignite  >:D

Hold on, is this Ignite, as in the old Revelation Records hardcore band Ignite?

They've been at the top of my list of bands I wish I could see but never have for years.... they never seem to play shows outside of California or Europe...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2010, 07:11 PM »
Petty pics from my camera phone.  The tickets said no cameras, but tons of folks had them in there, so I'm going to see if I can take my camera in to the show tonight for Maiden.  But Petty was awesome from fourth row on the floor:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2010, 11:04 PM »
I read that the Maiden set list SUCKS... like 80% of the songs are newer material...  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 1, 2010, 02:06 AM »
I read that the Maiden set list SUCKS... like 80% of the songs are newer material...  :-\

Correct it's about 75% from the last four albums, but would hardly say it sucks.  Great show but not a greatest hits show....