Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)  (Read 44053 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« on: July 13, 2016, 06:23 PM »
I think its the first.

It's around 3:38
Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Clip, Gareth Edwards Interview, and More! | The Star Wars Show

The hair! THE HAIR!  :o
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:13 PM by Scott »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: First Rebels Season 3 Clip
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:53 PM »
On your mark...get set...terrible!  :D

The hair that is...

We need another Hondo figure!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: First Rebels Season 3 Clip
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:44 PM »
The green lightsaber threw me a little bit.  As did... THE HAIR!

And yeah, Hondo is all kinds of awesome.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 06:16 PM »
Star Wars Rebels Season Three Trailer

It's true all of it....Thrawn, Wedge, Y-Wings, Dark Troopers (?) and the Outrider? Kate Blanchett's character from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is now an imperial governor. Whaaaat?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 09:20 PM »
I was a bit surprised to see all of those things wedged into the trailer, too.  Plus there's the return of Fenn Rau and the Mandalorians.  Oh, and the Dark Saber, too!

I'm also curious to see where things are going with Ezra, that holocron and Maul.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 09:31 PM »
I found the huge thing Kanan was talking to infinitely more interesting than Thrawn, but apparently they have toasted all the Inquisitors now, so it makes sense they would need to find a new way to up the danger level this season. At least they ditched his funky Space Parrot or whatever.

Agree it was a whole lot crammed in there. Makes me sad we will likely never see any of the great characters like Hondo, Lando, and the Mandalorians made in the toy line.  :(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 10:32 PM »
Tom Baker of Dr. Who is voicing that behemoth.

Hondo, Lando and the Mandos...form a band!
A very special episode.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 12:03 AM »
That behemoth said he was one of the Bendu.  And that goes right back to the original Star Wars script, where the Jedi were known as the Jedi Bendu knights.  I get the sense that this part of the story might involve Force users who are neither Jedi nor Sith, which certainly seems to open things up a bit.  Especially since the Knights of Ren appear to be Force users who are Dark Siders, but not affiliate with the Sith.

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 01:54 AM »
The Celebration Europe Livestream Day 2 has a few clips... one with Sabine vs the Imperial Mandos and another with the return of Ezra's true master Jar Jar Darth Maul.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 10:41 AM »
That behemoth said he was one of the Bendu.  And that goes right back to the original Star Wars script, where the Jedi were known as the Jedi Bendu knights.  I get the sense that this part of the story might involve Force users who are neither Jedi nor Sith, which certainly seems to open things up a bit.  Especially since the Knights of Ren appear to be Force users who are Dark Siders, but not affiliate with the Sith.

Not to go too off topic, but I wonder if Maz Kanata is one of them.  She said she's no Jedi, but she knows the Force, and apparently there is a deleted scene where she could wield the Force.  I wonder if that is something that will be explored further in the movies.

Back to Rebels, I'm intrigued by the Thrawn angle as well as an introduction to Wedge and some of his backstory.  Also like the thought of seeing them steal those Y-wings and the Rebels becoming a stronger force.  I wish Filloni would just give up on the Clone Wars crap though!  The fact that Maul is still around anfter being cut in half and falling down a bottomless pit gives me hope that we'll see Han Solo in episode 8!  I also still can't stand the idea that Rex (one of the most loyal clones and leader of the 501st) is part of the Rebellion!  LET THAT CRAP GO INTO THE ASH HEAP WHERE IT BELONGS!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 12:56 PM »
Rex knew about the control chips and had his removed. I'd like to see the flip side, an apologetically loyal to the Empire Cody.

A fan asked Filoni about using Maz Kanata and his response was "That's a great idea", while not confirming anything.

No Dash Rendar. (just his ship type)

No Mara Jade.

No ysalamiri. (somehow the outight no to Mara Jade led to that without exposition as to why no Mara Jade)

Nothing one way or the other about Cad Bane.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 03:58 PM »

Not to go too off topic, but I wonder if Maz Kanata is one of them.  She said she's no Jedi, but she knows the Force, and apparently there is a deleted scene where she could wield the Force.  I wonder if that is something that will be explored further in the movies.

I think characters like Maz, the Bendu, Snoke and the Knights of Ren are all being used to show that the Force has many practitioners.  And things like the Church of the Force, of which Lor San Tekka was a  practitioner, are meant to show how the Force is a pretty universal concept.  And the rumors surrounding Jehda in ROGUE ONE seem like they might reinforce the concept.  All of that does serve to broaden out our perception of The Force, instead of it being this binary situation with the Jedi representing the light side and the Sith on the dark side.

No ysalamiri. (somehow the outight no to Mara Jade led to that without exposition as to why no Mara Jade)

There was this image of Thrawn from the trailer that seems like a very overt nod to the Ysalamiri:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:00 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 10:59 PM »
I agree with Nick on the Ysalimirri dealio there...  Think that's the acknowledgement of their existence and that's it.  Don't think Thrawn would've passed those by Vader/Palps given their capabilities against the Force.

I love seeing Thrawn put into the show...  To me he was always going to be "around" anyway since I liked him and consider him part of Star Wars regardless of what the highest bidder has to say. :)

If those imp droids were Dark Troopers, and they sure seem like they may be, I hope they don't piss around with that story much either.  And piss on that Star Wars mobile game's attempt at rewriting anything from that storyline (I don't think they did, but freemium gaming is meh).

The chick from KotCS is already an action figure, if you had her and an extra Deena Shan from Force Unleashed handy.  The head swaps perfectly for those who want to basically make that Imperial Governor without much effort.  The KotCS girl's figure may actually have value now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Dave Filoni spoke briefly about the Ysalamiri during the REBELS panel at SWCE.  And he specifically mentioned a conversation that he had with George Lucas on the Ysalamiri.  The conclusion they came to was that the effect that the Ysalamiri had with this "Force bubble" didn't make sense in their interpretation of The Force.  As a result the Ysalamiri wouldn't be carried forward in the way they were depicted in the Thrawn trilogy of books.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:25 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Dave Filoni spoke briefly about the Ysalamiri during the REBELS panel at SWCE.  And he specifically mentioned a conversation that he had with George Lucas on the Ysalamiri.  The conclusion they came to was that the effect that the Ysalamiri had with this "Force bubble" didn't make sense in their interpretation of The Force.  As a result the Ysalamiri wouldn't be carried forward in the way they were depicted in the Thrawn trilogy of books.

That's pretty much the problem I have with all that EU stuff...it just doesn't make sense in the broader context of what has been laid out previously.

I still maintain the Empire's core leadership structure were a bunch of racists who would never have allowed a non-human into the higher echelon of officers. That to me just fits better with their whole galactic Nazi motif.