Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rogue One Wave 1 (aka Wave 7)  (Read 6892 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
6" Black Series Rogue One Wave 1 (aka Wave 7)
« on: July 15, 2016, 12:19 PM »
This is the ROGUE ONE - Black Series 6" Jyn Erso figure that was shown during the ROGUE ONE panel.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:45 PM by Jeff »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Wave 7 - Rogue One Wave 1
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 02:34 PM »
That Jyn figure looks really nice.

Is Jedha the beach planet?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:37 PM »
I don't think Jedha is the beach planet, but could be wrong. I think the figure is great, likeness isn't exact but close. Surprised they're continuing the current red/black color scheme and numbering (apparently). Looks good, so no complaints. Looking forward to the rest.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 02:57 PM »
The name of the planet "Jedah" seems like it could be important.  Especially considering some of the rumors surrounding a plot point in the movie that the Empire is mining Khyber crystals (the same crystals Jedi use in their lightsabers) for the purpose of powering or focusing the beams of the Death Star's super-laser weapon.  Rumor also has it that the hover tanks are transporting some of these crystals in the large orange crates, and the AT-ACT's are employed in transporting some of these crystals or other weapons components as well.  So could "Jedah" be some sort of planet that was important to the Jedi?

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 01:20 AM »
Making sure the high-res end up in this thread... click thumbnails for a better look.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:21 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 3, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Boxed shots of Rogue One Wave One (which would be, Wave 7 for the red box line look I think?):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIqBxT6AYOI/

TFA Rey (version 3 repack)
TFA Unmasked Kylo (no melty vader head?)
Sergeant Jyn Erso
Captain Cassian Andor
K-2SO
Imp Death Trooper
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: August 3, 2016, 09:42 PM »
Looks like something is afoot as the pics aren't there.

Saw 'em earlier...  Cool looking figures.  6" guys get all the love. :)  These looked really good I thought.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Some of the first wave of ROGUE ONE themed BLACK SERIES 6" figures have leaked and there are some video reviews of those figures which have been posted to YouTube.  Check them out at the links below:
TFA22 - Sergeant Jyn Erso (Jedha)
TFA23 - Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)
TFA24 - K-2SO
TFA25 - Imperial Death Trooperr

The (Eadu) notation with Cassian Andor makes me think that we have a third planet in the mix for ROGUE ONE.  We've already seen a good deal about Jedha, along with the tropical planet Scarif.  I think that Eadu is probably the name for the planet that was a location shoot in Iceland, with the volcanic rock surface.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:25 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2016, 02:41 PM »
6" TBS Jyn goes up for preorder tomorrow and its the only 6" item for preorder, the rest are reserved for Sept. 30
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 10:50 AM »
Every day lately I wake up and check out store reports over at RS of people finding this wave at Walmart. (Not everyone is able to purchase them apparently, but it truly does seem like these are hitting all over now - except here)

After spending an hour at Walmart's website and Brickseeker, I can safely conclude there is no way too check for these remotely. (Pretty much knew that going in, but was hoping to find a leak/loophole)

Targets here appear to have "killed" the 6" DPCI too, all the store counts dropped from 10/5/17 etc to zeroes across the board recently. I hit a few last night and confirmed they still have some 6" figures available on clearance but they are no longer coming up in the system. Same with the 2-packs and big TIE.

I'm guessing they will have to re-activate it sometime in the next week, but right now it doesn't look like any of them even have any Rogue One 6" stock yet. Or anything else for that matter. Weird.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Every day lately I wake up and check out store reports over at RS of people finding this wave at Walmart. (Not everyone is able to purchase them apparently, but it truly does seem like these are hitting all over now - except here)

After spending an hour at Walmart's website and Brickseeker, I can safely conclude there is no way too check for these remotely. (Pretty much knew that going in, but was hoping to find a leak/loophole)

Targets here appear to have "killed" the 6" DPCI too, all the store counts dropped from 10/5/17 etc to zeroes across the board recently. I hit a few last night and confirmed they still have some 6" figures available on clearance but they are no longer coming up in the system. Same with the 2-packs and big TIE.

I'm guessing they will have to re-activate it sometime in the next week, but right now it doesn't look like any of them even have any Rogue One 6" stock yet. Or anything else for that matter. Weird.

I heard from a source that Target is holding most R1 merchandise in the distribution centers until today, after that, they start heading to stores - shrink-wrapped in black cellophane on palette until they set the shelves and aisle shippers on 9/30.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Flyguy posted a R1 find from a Target in California on Instagram earlier today.  All of the 3.75" figures based on the photo.

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 04:19 PM »
Flyguy posted a R1 find from a Target in California on Instagram earlier today.  All of the 3.75" figures based on the photo.

That is in Australia  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 09:52 PM »
So, I was very thankfully able to purchase this wave earlier today and just got finished opening K-2SO and the Death Trooper. A+ figures. The droid is tall, second only to Chewbacca in this line so far. He is really well sculpted and the upper torso articulation allows for a wide range of movement and positions. Seems like it would be a bitch to make him stand but so far so good. The wide feet help. The DT is simple and elegant, sculpt seems a bit slender but the shiny plastic works better with the black motif so it has a nice pop. The rubbery slipnoose gun holster is not my favorite but not a big deal at all if you have him holding both guns. I definitely foresee picking up another couple of these guys in the near future.

I never opened my CE unmasked Kylo so he was mildly interesting, but not for long. But then, it's literally the 5th slightly different one I've bought, so fatigue is bound to set in I suppose. At least they packed in the right saber this time. Jyn and Cassian have slightly wonky paint apps so keeping them in box in hopes of upgrading those two.

Nice wave overall. I feel like the human sculpts have shown visible improvement recently.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Stopped at WM this morning, and found this entire wave on the pegs. Took it up to checkout, and they wouldn't scan. They called over a supervisor, same thing. Then a random worker walked past and said "yeah, those are recalled, we can't sell them". So they took them all and said sorry. I understand it's not a big deal, but I didn't like my chances of finding these on Friday since I can't get out super early, so it would have been nice to knock a few things off the list. They also had the new two packs and Hera's A-wing, same story. Our WM consistently proves to be the worst, always so unhelpful. That said, they looked nice in the box.