Author Topic: Rogue One Imperial AT-ACT Set  (Read 33767 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue One Imperial AT-ACT Set
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 03:49 PM »
So does anyone have a solid grasp on TRU's price-matching policy?  Because I was in a TRU today and saw at least two AT-ACT's on the shelves.  And I'm pretty sure they're running their BOGO 40% off sale right now, too, although I have seen a number of instances when those sale peg tags get left up after a sale has ended. 

That being said, if TRU will price match to $199.97, and THEN apply the BOGO 40 % off?  You should be able to get the two for a combined $320-ish.  I can't bring myself to buy two of these, but if you could find a partner to split the two?  Then conceivably you might be able to get one for about $160 plus tax.

And this is just if you want to get mad at whiny fanboys with anger issues:  JTA Rogue One AT-ACT review.

I am SO glad I quit working on that hell-hole of a site.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:09 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2016, 04:01 PM »
Wow.  That is a lot of angry words strung together in not always coherent sentences.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2016, 04:11 PM »
Yeah.  Someone is spending way too much time in their own head.

I'm also fascinated by how his displeasure with the AT-ACT is the direct result of collectors getting into the 6" Black Series line.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2016, 06:48 PM »
So does anyone have a solid grasp on TRU's price-matching policy?  Because I was in a TRU today and saw at least two AT-ACT's on the shelves.  And I'm pretty sure they're running their BOGO 40% off sale right now, too, although I have seen a number of instances when those sale peg tags get left up after a sale has ended. 

That being said, if TRU will price match to $199.97, and THEN apply the BOGO 40 % off?  You should be able to get the two for a combined $320-ish.  I can't bring myself to buy two of these, but if you could find a partner to split the two?  Then conceivably you might be able to get one for about $160 plus tax.

When I was at customer service getting the two I purchased price matched, I asked, I figured "why not?" - so I politely asked and the woman at customer service informed me that it's a "one or the other" type of thing. You can get the BOGO 40% off offer OR you can get the price match. So basically, I chose price match cause that was $400 plus tax vs. $480 plus tax.

Hope that helps...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2016, 07:09 PM »
JTA - somebody stop me - is just really at this point about perpetuating their own brand. That brand is negativity. Pot stirrers attract a lot of attention. It's why they stir the pot. There are legit gripes about the hobby JTA has exploited to a theatrical level that has also now bled into attacks against collectors and segments of fandom for - what exactly? You'd think someone with such hostility toward 5 POA figures would be able to articulate their real issues with collecting, powerful female leads and insert topic of the week here.

Re: AT-ACT - very tempted to see if the price matching / coupon combo would work at Target as it is in stock around here.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Just got back from Target and I'm the proud (buyers remorse hasn't set in yet) owner of an AT-ACT price matched/couponed/red carded for $165. 

The Target manager was fairly incredulous that WM was selling the same thing for $100 less, but he matched it without any trouble.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2016, 08:49 PM »
The Target manager was fairly incredulous that WM was selling the same thing for $100 less, but he matched it without any trouble.

That was nearly the same reaction I got from customer service at Toys R Us - she looked at the WalMart website listing three or four times to make sure her eyes weren't deceiving her!  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2016, 09:56 PM »

When I was at customer service getting the two I purchased price matched, I asked, I figured "why not?" - so I politely asked and the woman at customer service informed me that it's a "one or the other" type of thing. You can get the BOGO 40% off offer OR you can get the price match. So basically, I chose price match cause that was $400 plus tax vs. $480 plus tax.

Hope that helps...

I guess TRU doesn't want to take a total bath on this, huh?

JTA - somebody stop me - is just really at this point about perpetuating their own brand. That brand is negativity. Pot stirrers attract a lot of attention. It's why they stir the pot. There are legit gripes about the hobby JTA has exploited to a theatrical level that has also now bled into attacks against collectors and segments of fandom for - what exactly? You'd think someone with such hostility toward 5 POA figures would be able to articulate their real issues with collecting, powerful female leads and insert topic of the week here.

The sad thing is that it's really just ONE GUY who is generating all of this negativity.  But he has attracted a lot of like-minded people who are equally negative about it.  And that negativity just feeds on itself. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:58 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2016, 03:28 PM »
If you open a Walmart credit card you get 15% off (as a credit on the statement), dropping the price to $170. You also get a $25 eGift card (last day today), I guess for future use.

I bit.

I railed against it as a $300 poc because of the stiff-legged movement, but for $170, I can accept it as a once-in-a-while expensive largish vehicle that just happens to include a bonus crappy walking feature.

I do wish it's re-released with click-stop knee joints and without the smart phone control electronics. For a decent price.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Wow I think the walking is the coolest part about it, personally.  It seems like it works well too.  It's why I kinda would like one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2016, 02:50 PM »
So I just cracked this baby open and have been playing with it with the kids.  Overall I would say its pretty solid and not a bad value for the $165 I paid for it.

My all time favorite kid vehicle is still the Clone Turbo Tank with the launching speeder bike, but this is pretty nice too.

The app controls are good.  It seems solidly built.  The walking action is decent (I'm using it on a hard wood floor).  Sure it would be great if you could turn it to some degree, and I would like more control of the head, but its really not too bad.

And I really like the play features and the detacheable orangeish "cargo bed".  The zip line and missile launcher are cool, and I really like all the sockets they've placed in the toy where you can attach them.  Big points for having weapons storage compartments that seal up well too.

It was a little too hard for my nine year old to set up - getting the legs attached, the chin guns in place, and the battery compartment re-sealed were even a little tricky for me.  But once set up its held together well.

I had fairly tempered expectations with this and I would say they have been met or exceeded.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2016, 10:54 AM »
Thanks for the review Dave.  I've been on the fence about this, but seems like a good value. 

Looks like the WM price is back up to $289, so I'll have to watch for another sale...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2016, 04:37 PM »
I bet we'll be able to find this on clearance.  The retail price is just too high for a kids toy.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2016, 05:41 PM »
I bet we'll be able to find this on clearance.  The retail price is just too high for a kids toy.

That stuff is so hit or miss... I got an AT-TE for $50, missed the Clone Turbo Tank completely... then I tried to hold out for clearance on the BMF when it first showed up for $150 or whatever.  I never saw one on clearance, and now they're $400 on eBay and $300 when they occasionally get re-released into stores.  Of course, a few years ago I got an MTT for like $35 at TJ Maxx, so...

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:25 PM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2016, 06:03 PM »
Agreed.  I think clearance on this might be dicey as it doesn't appear that many physical stores are stocking this.   

I'm not sure how much inventory Target and others are even carrying on this.

I suppose Hasbro might have loads of these sitting somewhere and may offer some big discounts to retailers to clear them out though.