Author Topic: NFL 2016-17  (Read 8264 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2016-17
« Reply #15 on: February 6, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Not happy with the outcome for many, many reasons, but I feel especially bad for Falcons fans after that. I would have to be hospitalized if that had happened to my team.

I Don't feel bad for Kyle Shanahan. Look forward to watching him duke it out with Shawn McVay twice a year going forward to see who is the real deal in the battle of ex-Skins OC's.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 6, 2017, 01:23 PM »
I'm surprised Brady got MVP.  That should have gone to the defensive player that pushed the Falcons out of FG range... or Edelmann for that catch.  Brady wasn't that impressive to me this game (maybe the stats would prove me wrong, but I don't care).

After the first half, I was wondering who Gisele was blaming for the Pats losing (since she was throwing Welker under the bus for their Giants loss a few years ago).

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 6, 2017, 02:36 PM »
I would say the defensive play was just one play.  It is hard to give an MVP for play.  While Edelman's catch was pretty amazing, it wasn't a drive saving play.  A drop may have killed the drive, but it wasn't like it was fourth down play.  If you don't give it to Brady, then I think it would have to go to White.  He had 3 TD's, including the game winner, plus one of the two point conversions.  I would say the most impressive thing about the comback is that it almost all happened in the fourth quarter.  The Falcons were still up by 25 until about 2 minutes left in the third quarter.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 6, 2017, 03:15 PM »
Great game, lousy outcome.  I can't believe how dominant the Falcons were in the first half just to let it slip away.  I would much rather be reading about Ryan's MVP season and first SB win today than Brady's 5th.  Besides, we all know the Patriots cheated.   :o

Whatever makes you feel better about the fact the Packers are wasting the best years of Rodgers..........  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2017, 03:16 PM »
The MVP was either Brady or White.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Whatever makes you feel better about the fact the Packers are wasting the best years of Rodgers..........  ;)

Ouch.  That did not make me feel better.   :'(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2017, 03:53 PM »
I would say the defensive play was just one play.  It is hard to give an MVP for play.  While Edelman's catch was pretty amazing, it wasn't a drive saving play.  A drop may have killed the drive, but it wasn't like it was fourth down play.  If you don't give it to Brady, then I think it would have to go to White.  He had 3 TD's, including the game winner, plus one of the two point conversions.  I would say the most impressive thing about the comback is that it almost all happened in the fourth quarter.  The Falcons were still up by 25 until about 2 minutes left in the third quarter.

Agreed.  Brady just broke the record for passing yards in a Super Bowl by like 50 yards. He carried that team in the second half and even though a few players made big plays, the MVP doesn't really go to someone who made one big play, it goes to the guy who was the most valuable.  It's Brady.  He's probably going down as the best of all time after the way he's played over the last 3 years.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2017, 03:54 PM »

Ouch.  That did not make me feel better.   :'(

The fact that there are like 15 teams who have never won a Super Bowl and Rogers did should help a little. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2017, 04:20 PM »
The fact that there are like 15 teams who have never won a Super Bowl and Rogers did should help a little.

See, THAT makes me feel better.  Take note of how its done, Nick.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 6, 2017, 05:34 PM »

See, THAT makes me feel better.  Take note of how its done, Nick.

I can't believe you didn't talk about the Vikings wasting the best years of T Jack and Ponder........

Oh wait QB scouting in MN not so good

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2017, 09:59 PM »
I Don't feel bad for Kyle Shanahan. Look forward to watching him duke it out with Shawn McVay twice a year going forward to see who is the real deal in the battle of ex-Skins OC's.

Ugh, the play calling in the 4th quarter was ABYSMAL, specifically on the Falcons' last drive. Up 8 points with 3 minutes left, in field goal range and you're calling PASSING plays? And then the holding call that pushed Atlanta out of FG range. I am half surprised the Atlanta coaching staff wasn't all fired for that garbage.

And hey, Shanahan will probably working with Matt Schaub, the man with no confidence, so things are looking up in San Jose Francisco!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks