Author Topic: K-Mart 6" Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu) Exclusive  (Read 6697 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
K-Mart 6" Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu) Exclusive
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:50 PM »
Well it looks like K-Mart has another exclusive for this year...  I saw Yakface tweet about this earlier, but a picture has turned up of a 6" Sgt. Jyn Erso like the title says.

She appears to have at least an exclusive base going for her...  Not sure what else is unique to be honest.  I know it's wildly different than the SDCC Jyn Erso, but will there be a general release version of her in this specific set of accessories or is the base and maybe the deco be all that's exclusive like last year's K-Mart figures?

If it's all the gear though, this will be a much more popular figure I'd imagine.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:06 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: K-Mart 6" Exclusive Sgt. Jyn Erso Figure
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Not sure what else is unique to be honest.  I know it's wildly different than the SDCC Jyn Erso

SDCC and Rogue One Wave 1 are her Jedha outfit.  This one is the Eadu outfit. 

I imagine this one will be a lot like the last two Kmart figures so I expect to see a slightly cheaper base-less version in the regular 6" line.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: K-Mart 6" Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu) Exclusive
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 10:49 PM »
Yeah I couldn't imagine this being THAT different.  I was thinking though it may all be accessories and deco that's different too...  Her pants, shirt, etc. may all be the same under there.  There weren't many unique Rey outfits.  Jyn seems to change clothes more. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 08:46 AM »
1. Why would anyone give KMart an exclusive when they are on the verge of bankruptcy and are closing stores left and right?

2. Why would KMart even want an exclusive when they are on the verge of bankruptcy and haemorrhaging cash? (Spell check failed, sry)

That said, cool figure and I'm definitely getting one if I can find a KMart somewhere.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 09:16 AM »
Looked like the E-11 blaster had a new paintjob too? I noticed some silver on it, but it could have been the camera flash reflecting off of the plastic window. Looked good if it's new.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 09:37 AM »
I'd like to get a close look at that Eadu base.  Aside from that?  I'm getting a bit more concerned about K-Mart's ability to get exclusives.  They've been closing stores at a brisk pace over the past couple of years, and that could seriously impact their ability to get these figures out to collectors.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 11:51 AM »
1. Why would anyone give KMart an exclusive when they are on the verge of bankruptcy and are closing stores left and right?

I think Adam Pawlus had an interesting discussion on this in the past couple of years (I think when the Vintage boxed Ewok sets were out).  If I'm remembering correctly he stated that K-Mart is one of the few places that employs old-school knowledgeable toy category managers that have been around for a long time and have maintained good relations with Hasbro.

I think the latest unique base / paint deco figures aren't terribly interesting in comparison to the Ewok sets they had a couple years ago.  I feel for those that are trying to track these down as I think there might only be two K-Marts left in the entire state of MN.  At least they tend to offer these online as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 10:48 PM »
While Adam may have a feel for the toy management group within K-Mart, that likely doesn't extend to senior management of Sears/K-Mart.  Because the financial ratings agency Moody's is projecting that the failure of Sears/K-Mart is imminent.  And this Jyn Erso (Eadu) exclusive may be one of the last we see at the K-Mart chain.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11 PM »
What's Kmart?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 02:14 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 02:48 PM »
To paraphrase the best Sith Lord ever, "there will be no [Sears] to [save] us this time".
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 07:12 PM »
I checked out the video review.  And it looks pretty clear that the base of this Jyn Erso interlocks with another base piece, just like the Starkiller base versions of Kylo Ren and Rey.  I wonder what the companion piece is going to be in the case of the ROGUE ONE sets?  Or for that matter, if K-Mart is still going to be in business at that point.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 12:20 AM »
Looking forward to this one. The figure looks great. As for a companion piece, it's probably going to be some villain, so I'll say a Death Trooper, some trooper we haven't seen yet, or Vader, if he decides to go rock climbing.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Looking forward to this one. The figure looks great. As for a companion piece, it's probably going to be some villain, so I'll say a Death Trooper, some trooper we haven't seen yet, or Vader, if he decides to go rock climbing.

Maybe it will be an IRS Tax Attorney...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today