Author Topic: K-Mart 6" Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu) Exclusive  (Read 6665 times)

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: K-Mart 6" Sergeant Jyn Erso (Eadu) Exclusive
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 03:08 PM »
Hey...good news, this is out!  ;D

Had seen a few store reports on other sites since yesterday so I figured I would try my luck at lunch and sure enough I found 3 of them at our sole remaining K-Mart store, right next to the Kylo and Rey exclusives.

Sure beats all the back and worth trips I spent waiting on Kylo...and one less thing to worry about on FF. Look forward to opening this up after work.

Happy hunting!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 03:42 PM »
I just picked up the Kmart exclusive Jyn Erso, too. 

I wonder if Hasbro and Disney are giving Kmart a pass since the chain is in significant financial trouble?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 04:00 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro and Disney are giving Kmart a pass since the chain is in significant financial trouble?

I think people are making too big a deal about Sears/K-Mart's financial solvency and how this impacts exclusives.  This is just a standard vendor relationship between Hasbro and Sears/K-Mart.

If Hasbro is worried about getting paid due to bankruptcy they just build that in to the invoice policies - e.g. 30 days net, some elements of pre-payment, or preferential treatment in a bankruptcy through bond notes. 

And this is just one SKU out of a likely 1000 that Hasbro sells to Kmart.  Why would they treat a Jyn figure differently than Play-Doh?

Keep in mind that TRU is no paragon of financial solvency.  They've closed hundreds of stores, were swimming in losses and bought through a leveraged buy-out by Bain, are rumored to continue to lose massive amounts of money, and has their current bond status listed as junk.

Both K-Mart/Sears and TRU are a financial mess and may not exist in another five years, but I don't think that should stop Hasbro from selling exclusive or regular products to them.

I'm generally annoyed when I can't track down exclusives I want, and KMart ones can be tricky as their locations are limited, but so are TRU locations.  Kmart has  done a decent job of offering these online and getting enough stock to the market that there doesn't seem to be a significant premium to acquiring these in the secondary market.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Worth posting in here, I suppose - Kmart Closing 60 stores in mid-December

Here's another article that has 64 stores closing in December
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:53 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 05:47 PM »
I continue to be surprised at the immunity of my local K-Mart. It's got to be one of the last in Iowa. I appreciate them enduring, as they've been reliable for the exclusives at least. Sad for the others and the employees. K-Mart was the place back in the 80's for toys. Tons of memories from there.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 06:22 PM »
I don't think any CEO of a retail chain would micro-manage to that degree.  But I do think that in light of the recent Moody's report on Kmart/Sears' solvency, there may have been a corporate directive to maximize sales by any means necessary in the hopes of saving the company.  And whoever is running the toy group probably thought this could at least help their Q3 numbers. 

Where does an exclusive toy offering fit in?  Just like any other exclusive, it's designed to drive foot traffic into the stores.  I know that I don't venture into Kmart without an exclusive to draw me in.  Because the exclusive is not just about the single sale.  It's about getting you to buy that PLUS other merchandise. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 03:44 PM »
Finally found this today, and I got shut down at the register. I don't know what difference a week makes, but here we are. Guess I'll just buy it on clearance when that store finally closes next year.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:06 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 12:28 PM »
Sold out while I was entering my credit card info at checkout, and wouldn't let me buy one.  ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 08:40 PM »
My KMart put these out.  I don't think this will be impossible to get.  Don't panic on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 07:54 PM »
This is online now!

http://www.kmart.com/disney-star-wars-rogue-one-sergeant-jyn-erso/p-004W008089785001P

Got one AND used some really old Sears points for a discount AND got free shipping to my local Sears!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Both my Kms sold out of these fairly fast, no restocks yet, but they're just resetting the toy aisle too for I am assuming Xmas.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77