Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 6  (Read 21192 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 6
« on: September 16, 2016, 01:20 PM »
As you may have seen on Twitter, there was a Hasbro google hangout today in which some of the fan sites participated.

Hasbro didn't exactly announce the contents of Wave 6 there, but they did confirm it's existence by saying there would be TWO waves this Fall.

Wave 6 should be the first to have Rogue One SA 3.75" figures - and YES, there will be some.  So buy up the 5POA at your own risk... ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 6
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 12:27 PM »
It's proving that baing patient will pay off in this hobby.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 01:32 PM »
There was only one 5poa I regretted buying and it was the Poe pilot. I'm ok with the risk.  The 5poa just go in the fodder bin if Hasbro gives is better.  I just am happy getting the cool version. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 08:12 PM »
I think it's pretty likely that we're going to get a Jyn Erso in this line.  But in this wave?  Based on what Hasbro did last year, they only had Kylo Ren and the First Order Stormtrooper as the first SA offerings from THE FORCE AWAKENS.  And that leaves me wondering if there will be a similar pattern this year.

I think we're probably going to get at least one version of Jyn Erso in this line.  She has at least three costume changes that we know of in the movie.  But I'm going to be a little pissed if the version of Jyn that we do get is in the Imperial Ground Crew disguise.

The same goes for Cassian Andor.  I think we've seen four costume changes for him:  Yavin, Eadu, Imperial Officer disguise and Scarif.  So far we've seen 3.75" versions of Cassian Andor from Yavin and Eadu.  I'm thinking that we might get him in the Scarif costume in this line.

Aside from those obvious choices?  I think the Scarif Stormtrooper seems likely.  And I think Hasbro's going to make us wait a little while on an SA Deathtrooper until at least the wave after this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 11:15 PM »
I'm sort of thinking the Jyn we get will be the Ground Crew outfit, if only because it will double as a generic crew member. I wouldn't mind it but would also appreciate just about any costume she wears as they're all pretty neat. Cassain - ditto. I think locks for this line are K2 and the Death Trooper. I would imagine we'll see a new SA Stormtrooper as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:46 PM »
I would be perfectly happy if Hasbro reissued the Stormtrooper that came in the Kmart Scanning Crew 2-pack.  There have been enough SA Stormtroopers at this point that I'd be okay with the reissue.  Especially if they can put the saved tooling dollars into a new SA figure of a character we haven't gotten before.

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 01:49 AM »
Weren't there some hints that maybe this line would be available outside of Walmart?

I don't suppose we ever found out what was up with the rumors or teases or whatever it was...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 09:54 AM »
I don't suppose we ever found out what was up with the rumors or teases or whatever it was...

The hints and teases were for the return of the Vintage Collection and Kenner inspired cardbacks.  That is rumored to be happening in 2017 to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars.

I think a TON of people are going to be disappointed by this rumor because so many are expecting "the return of the Vintage Collection!" to mean the return of $10 SA figures on Kenner-style cardbacks.  Realistically though, what it probably means is new OT/PT/ST 5POA figures on Kenner-style cardbacks for $10. :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 06:11 PM »
Yeah, unless they somehow move the goal post up to $15 or probably more for a SA figure, I think it will probably be the 5POA stuff too. Which I'd be ok with, for the most part.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 03:32 PM »
as reported by BantaSkull Rogue One wave (7) of 3.75" TBS figures: Scarif Stormtrooper, Jyn Erso, Imperial Death Trooper and Cassian Andor.

Here are the UPC i found for the figures
630509506392  Scarif Stormtrooper
630509504145  Jyn Erso
630509504152  Imperial Death Trooper
630509506385  Cassian Andor
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:33 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 03:37 PM »
Have we had any sort of cross check between the codenames that are available via Brickseek and the actual figures?  Because the code names that come out of Brickseek are as follows:

54767067 Shark Trooper Yellow
54767069 Seal Leader Green
54767070 Shark Trooper Deluxe
54767072 Seal Communicator

EDIT:  I did a little searching. "Seal Leader Green" comes up as Jyn Erso.  But Seal Communicator may actually be Baze Malbus.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:44 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 04:05 PM »
Baze's code name is Seal Weaponizer
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:05 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 04:14 PM »
MSW listed him as the Communicator.  But this code name makes much more sense.  And Seal Seer is pretty obviously Chirrut Imwe.

I haven't been able to find any sort of cross reference for the communicator at this point.  By process of elimination it could be either Cassian Andor or Bodhi Rook.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 04:34 PM »
Great assortment there. It's been a long time for me since a new army builder has been released. I picked up a couple of TFA Stormtroopers, but I'll certainly not be putting in the dedication as I do toward my OT imperials.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2016, 10:26 AM »
The ROGUE ONE wave of the WalMart exclusive 3.75" Black Series has been revealed with photos in THIS KOTAKU POSTING which shows the following new figures from ROGUE ONE - A STAR WARS STORY:

-Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader
-Sergeant Jyn Erso  (Jedha)
-Captain Cassian Andor  (Yavin base)
-Death Trooper

Feedback