Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Westworld (HBO)

(1/4) > >>

BillCable:
I caught the premiere Sunday, then watched it again later in the week.  I've been really excited for this series, and I gotta say I wasn't disappointed.  They seeded a number of cool story threads, and this looks like it's gonna be satisfyingly dark and twisted.

I'm most impressed by the actors playing broken androids.  The scene that had the dad, Peter Abernathy, swapping between old and new builds and previous characters he'd been programmed to portray - that was just awesome.  A clinic on acting in general, and on embodying a character in particular.  And doing it while pretending to be buggy and twitchy - amazing.  The guy who played first-gen Old Bill was great as well.

I also really enjoyed what they did with the music.  Converting Black Hole Sun to a player piano piece was great, as was their treatment of Paint it Black.

So - anybody else watching?

BillCable:
Here's the Paint it Black clip, if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I3EgQ394_k

jedipurge:
I started watching Ep1 but had to go to work, so I'm episode and a 1/2 behind now. but what I did see I really liked. i'll have to watch from the beginning to catch that music.

Phrubruh:
Is this another boob fest like Game of Thrones?

BillCable:

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on October 12, 2016, 01:30 PM ---Is this another boob fest like Game of Thrones?
--- End quote ---

There's a lot of naked androids.  Some of it sexy.  Most of it clinical/medical/horror-inducing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version