Author Topic: HASCON 2017  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
HASCON 2017
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:44 AM »
Hasbro is launching it's own convention, designed to celebrate the company's brands.  Here's the full press release:

Hasbro to Create the Ultimate Entertainment and Play Experience by Bringing Its Iconic Brands to Life with First-Ever ‘HASCON'

First-of-Its-Kind Convention Will Bring Fans and Families Together for Three Days of Immersive Entertainment Experiences, Talent and Character Appearances, Panels and More in September 2017

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), a global play and entertainment company, announced it is creating the first-ever HASCON fan and family convention in September 2017. The massive event, which will be held in Providence at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center from September 8-10, 2017, will treat attendees to three unforgettable days featuring a celebration of Hasbro's powerful characters and stories, including live interactive experiences, exclusive products, talent appearances, panels and much more.

This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161018006137/en/

From bringing the first action figure to life with G.I. JOE, to creating a world where robots are truly ‘more than meets the eye' with TRANSFORMERS, Hasbro's brands have always overflowed with rich stories and dynamic, multi-faceted characters, providing an incredible platform to capture the imaginations of fans of all ages. The premiere HASCON event will bring the magic of decades of storytelling under one roof for the ultimate, immersive Hasbro fan and family experience. Hasbro's top properties, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, MAGIC THE GATHERING, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, G.I. JOE and many others will be reimagined through dynamic stage performances and unique opportunities for fans to engage with their favorite characters. In addition to interactive experiences designed to offer attendees a glimpse into Hasbro's imaginative storytelling in action, visitors will have the chance to see first-look previews of Hasbro's biggest television and movie series, attend panels and meet-and-greets with celebrities and creative talent associated with Hasbro brands, take part in Hasbro Gaming competitions and purchase special limited-edition Hasbro products.

"Hasbro is home to many of the world's most recognizable brands, each of them with their own group of passionate and engaged fans," said John Frascotti, President of Hasbro Brands. "HASCON will deliver an extraordinary peek behind the curtain of our brands, storytelling, and iconic characters while giving us the opportunity to invite fans and families to our hometown for the most memorable, unified Hasbro experience ever."

For all of the latest information on HASCON 2017, please visit http://hascon.hasbro.com

About Hasbro
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).

HAS-PR
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:45 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: HASCON 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Everything they plan on bringing to the convention to promote their Star Wars brand products will arrive on September 11th.  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:25 AM »
The press release doesn't mention Star Wars at all (it's clear they are trying to make Hasbro's own brands the focus of this show), but with how this event falls right in the prime "announcing stuff" time of the "Force Friday" season for Episode 8, you have to imagine they would include some Star Wars stuff?

Will be interesting to see how this plans out as far as announcements and exclusives...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:26 AM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:01 AM »
I finally had a chance to read through that press release, and it's startling that Star Wars was so deliberately left out of this announcement.  I know that there's Star Wars Celebration in Orlando in April, and SDCC in July.  But you have to think that there will be SOME Star Wars presence at this event.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 09:09 AM »
Marvel is not listed either... I know the Marvel toylines are virtually nonexistant, but that's two of the biggest film franchises they have the toy rights for.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:19 AM »
It would be VERY odd for Hasbro to disregard those licenses for their own convention.  But it seems clear that they're trying to put the focus on their own intellectual properties, and not the licensed merch.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 09:49 AM »
The other thing to note is that Hasbro severed their ties with FunPub, the people who ran BotCon, JoeCon, and those two fan clubs.  Seems like this event is taking the place of both of those shows, plus cramming in MLP and some other stuff for good measure. 

If this show is meant to replace those two, maybe they don't need Disney/Marvel/Star Wars to get enough attention?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 09:57 AM »
Ah!  That makes much more sense!  BotCon and JoeCon have been big shows in the past that are perfectly capable of standing on their own.  If Hasbro cut ties with the promoter of those events, I can totally understand their move to establish their own event. 

Feedback

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 09:53 PM »
Isn't Has to trying to create a unified universe with their properties?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 10:55 PM »
Isn't Has to trying to create a unified universe with their properties?

Yep, still trying to create their own Hasbro brand/movie universe.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Well, if you follow the link to the Hascon site they show a little girl dressed as Leia playing with a lightsaber.  I'm sure they're trying to amp up their own brands more, but I would be very surprised to hear there is no Star Wars or Marvel involvement in the event.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:32 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 02:16 PM »
From what I understand, Hasbro is framing it as "Hasbro brands" convention.  Sure, they could have some Hasbro Star Wars products on display, but it was a bit uncertain how involved Disney wanted to be in this.

Disney has Celebration for Star Wars, plus they have their own D23 convention to fill too.  I would not be surprised if Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney Princess stuff is included on some level, but then again I would not be surprised if Disney opts out too.  Could go either way, I guess.