Author Topic: Toy Lines You Collect...How Much Money/Attention They Get  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Lines You Collect...How Much Money/Attention They Get
« Reply #15 on: July 9, 2003, 10:02 AM »
Lately I've been just buying Dune stuff.  I try to limit myself to under $200 per month.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 9, 2003, 10:51 AM »
I collect Star Wars, Masters of the Universe, and Transformer PVCs with the occasional McFarlane figure thrown in for good measure.

Regards,
MJ
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 02:18 PM »
Been awhile...wondering if anyone's toy spending habits have changed.  For me, it seems to be breaking down like this:

According to my little spreadsheet, covering what I have bought this year (my wife's idea, and a good one), I am averaging around $40-55ish a month on toy spending this year, which surprised me.  The vast majority of that has been Star Wars spending, I'm guessing about 95%.  I've bought almost every Saga figure released in 2004, as well as the new OTC, and what VOTC I have found.  Add in Unleashed, glass sets, etc., and it takes up the majority of the budget.  Looking at my spreadsheet here, it looks like I've bought 13 non-SW items this year:

3 minimate four packs (Marvel)
4 Lord of the Rings figures
4 Spider-Man figures
1 MOTU figure
1 Batman figure

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 05:16 PM »
I think I've bought 13 non star wars items this week :'(

2 deadpool
1 phoenix
1 juggernaut

1 Moria Orc Archer
1 Elrond (1st)

2 white Jamal Lewis
1 white Payton Manning

Okay, only 9, but you get the point. 

Star wars gets the most money.  McFarlane used to get a fair chunk of change, but not any more.  Marvel Legends I may pick up one or two more, then wait for the next series.  May pick up the S6 pack this weekend if I see it.  LOTR is fairly stable in purchasing, not much to buy at all right now.  Limited focus is good.  Kubricks are currently a non-issue.  Simpsons are done.  Vintage Star wars is all but done.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Keldor

• Youngling
  • The Sith will have their REVENGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 7, 2004, 10:48 PM »
It depends on what's out, if I get lucky nad happen to find New Star Wars toys then it get's the bulk of attention, but If I find tons LOTR figures then I'll foucs on it;  the day I the Snakes figures in stores and then I'll buty MOTU;and I fidn tons ML I want Then they get my attention. It all depnds what eaiser to find at the moment.
"I will be Chancellor"-Senator Palpatine "The Phantom Menace"