Author Topic: SAGA Army-Builder 3-pks?  (Read 3340 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
SAGA Army-Builder 3-pks?
« on: August 15, 2003, 12:02 AM »
The Clone War 3-pks seem to be very popular, I just found the Jedi 3-pk and Green Clone pk today. 8)

Anyway, do you all think that Hasbro will or should continue these Army-Builder pks beyond the Clone Wars line?  Personally, I'm all for it, and wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more along the way; after all, they seem to be selling extremely well.

Thoughts?

:P

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: SAGA Army-Builder 3-pks?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 12:31 AM »
I would love the idea of Hasbro continuing these past 2003 and the CW line.  The possibilities for future 3 - packs are limitless...  More Jedi from the arena battle would be great.  Hasbro can even expand into the OT and continue with Stormtroopers,  Snowtroopers,  Rebel Troops etc...  This is also a great way for some background characters to be made that we have been wanting for so long.  As I said once before,  Hasbro is sitting on a gold mine with the 3 packs and should continue them into the future.  I would buy them...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 01:55 AM »
I'd like them only if there were definitive carded versions of the army builders made available as well...  Maybe not at the same time, but at some point.

So far, very few figures (if any) have a truly definitive version though...  The Clone's reported to be getting one soon (And someone at Rebelscum's forums, but from POTF2.com mentioned he's seen it and that it's a very "neutral" figure that's just uber poseable like ALL army builders should be).

Now, if there were a definitive Rebel FLeet Trooper with working holster, removable helmet, and 14 points of articulation (including ball/socket joints) and whatnot, then sure I say bring on 3 pre-posed (A dead one would ROCK all) Rebel Fleet Troopers with limited (5 points or whatever) of articulation...

Same for Stormtroopers...  The CT stormie rocks, but I'd take a new one that was made widely available and was an improvement on the CT version...  If there were this "ultimate" Stormtrooper then sure I'd take a 3-pack of them in wild action poses then too, like prone, (Again dead would be cool), or whatnot.

I sort of feel the same about main characters though...  Like my "Ultimate Collector Series" of 3.75" figures that are the ultimate versions of main characters in their various outfits.  They have all the accessories and articulation youc ould ever want, and they see re-releases as necessary.

In the meantime, you have a sub-line of action posed versions of the same figures, with less articulation and molded features, and I know I'd certainly appreciate the action-posed versions MUCH more if I had that one definitive version.

For instance, I appreciate Death Star Escape Han Solo a little more because I have Commtech Han Solo.  Not EXACTLY the same outfit, but a close enough analogy.  So DSE Han isn't soo bad because I know I have a somewhat neutral Han (not perfect though still) in his ANH duds for use in various dioramas, or if I were to want to use Han in a gaming situation too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 07:20 AM »
Three packs are nice...
especially for the price!!!!  8)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 08:28 PM »
Nice thoughts guys, here's a couple of ideas; one from each movie:

TPM - NABOO FORCES:

- red outfit Royal Guard in neutral pose
- yellow outfit Security Guard in firing pose
- pilot in neutral pose

AOTC - ARENA JEDI (assortent two):

- Wookie Jedi
- Bothan Jedi
- human female Jedi

ANH - IMPERIAL FORCES

- Stormtrooper in at attention pose (two hands on blaster)
- Stormtrooper in firing position
- Death Star Trooper (all new sculpt) in neutral position

ESB - HOTH REBEL FORCES

- Snowspeeder pilot in neutral pose
- Rebel Officer in firing pose
- Rebel Officer in neutral pose

ROTJ - JABBA'S GOONS

- Ishi Tib goon
- Nikto Guard (no headwrap)
- Sail Barge guard who shoots Luke's hand

Hee hee I could go on with these forever...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 10:48 PM »
Another fun one might be a Scout Trooper 3-pk, I don't think too many people are 100% happy with the POTJ version...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 10:50 PM »
I think  I'd rather see a more articulate basic Scout Trooper than a pre-posed group of 3 Scout Troopers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 09:22 AM »
Hey I would too, but with how cool those Clone 3-pks turned out, I think I'd like to see this done with Scout Troopers too, and of course Stormtroopers.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 08:14 PM »
Picked up the White and Blue cone packs and loved them.  Got a Jedi 3 Pack a week ago and got one for a friend.  Only problem I see with the wave is that there are only 1 or 2 Jedi 3 Packs and tons of the Destroyer Droid Launchers which are becoming Peg Warmers now.  Hope Hasbro changes the case assortment so the clones and jedi 3 packs become more available.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 08:35 PM »
I think  I'd rather see a more articulate basic Scout Trooper than a pre-posed group of 3 Scout Troopers.

A super-articulated Scout Trooper would be sweet!  I can't stand the pose of the POTJ version Scout Trooper.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2003, 02:14 PM »
Well, I've got a few ideas....

TRADE FEDERATION
-Battle Droid 3-Pack
      -EPISODE I Battle Droid version
      -EPISODE I Security Battle Droid version (2 red security with 1 Commander)
      -EPISODE I Pilot Battle Droid version (2 blue with 1 Commander)
       -EPISODE II Battle Droids (2 red arena with 1 red Commander)

IMPERIALS
-Stormtroopers (2 standing, 1 kneeling)
-Imperial Naval Troopers (1 at attention, 2 posed shooting)

JEDI
-Klaatuinian, Female Human & Wookiee Jedi
-Weequay, Ithorian & human Male Jedi (new sculpt)
-Gran, Sullustan & Zabrak Jedi
-Whipid, Bith & Duros Jedi

REBELS
-Tantive IV Defenders
-Hoth Rebl Troops
-Endor Rebels
« Last Edit: September 3, 2003, 01:24 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback