Author Topic: eBays $100. 12 Back Auctions  (Read 3950 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: eBays $100. 12 Back Auctions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 12:10 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!

I missed those, but what a score for a few lucky folks. I to hope all is well with it.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 12:32 PM »
You had to be there Wayne. It was nuts. The seller looks like he had the auctions on a timer through the Turbo listing program. The auctions were around 15 mins apart. I had his selling list on the Bin page only & just kept refreshing the page till one came up. By the time you hit the Bin clicky, the page came up as "cannot proceed". Poof it was gone. I clicked on the R2, Ben, Luke, Vader, Tusken & Jawa but it was to late. I had to go to work last night after they all ended & I was shaking all the way there.

Just hope it all turns out for the guys. Some of the winners are from RS so they said that they will post when they get the figures. Look for updates on these very soon!  ;)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 05:00 PM »
 :'( :'(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 09:07 AM »
Update:  It's not very good news! Film at 11.    :o

$100 12 backs! Seller backs Out!

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 02:30 PM »
Wow that totaly sucks!  This is gonna ruin her feedback or it would if I had won someone said on RS that they are not a vengful person,  I dont think anyone one would Blame the winners for being Vengful, I know I would be.   I would probley Give thios person a real hard time E-bay is a contrat for both partys involved.... one word can sum this up "COURT"

Dang it just makes me mad when people do things like that... Makes me even madder to see the people getting screwed put up with it, and do nothing about it. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 03:08 PM »
That sucks big time. I am bitting my tounge for the moment until I see more as to what really happened. but my inital responce would be to file a complaint with Ebay if I was a buyer. I am also adding that seller to my list of sellers to avoid.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 08:12 PM »
When I first looked at those auctions I just couldn't believe someone would be so stupid for selling them for only $100 a pop.  I knew it was too good to be true.
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 11:41 PM »
Wow, interesting thread over at RS.  

I'm surprised by a lot of the views there.  Not a lot of people I'd really want to deal with.  Oops sorry, I've decided I can get more for this elsewhere, bugger off.  Great attitude, honesty, integrity, all that good stuff.  

She deserves the negs and it seems like some of the folks there understand how truly dispicable people can be.  The seller (from what I read) seems to be readying for leaving nonpaying bidder feedback.  Not very nice at all.  And 1000+ feedback or not, I still click on the feedback rating.  If I saw 10+ negative feedbacks on a whelching seller, I doubt I'd be bidding on one of those auctions.  

My very first trade on the spawn/mcfarlane board was with one of the guys with a great reputation.  I made a deal with him, got him some stuff he wanted, was willing to take some stuff I could still get at retail in return, but hey, I needed feedback and his word would have been a great start.  The rule there is new guys (no or minimal feedback) ship first to reduce the risk.  I did and it ended up costing me ~$100 worth of sportspicks.  Kook took the stuff and ran.  Ripped off about six guys at the end of his "career".  Not to be overly cynical, but hey, anyone can do it.  If you're moving and ready to drop out of the hobby, why not scam a bunch of guys for $1000 worth of merchandise?  Not like they're going to find you, right? >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2003, 02:25 AM »
wow after reading the thread on scum, it sure is an ugly situation. i'd just leave the negative feedback for her opting out on the auction and file a non-selling seller action against her. sure she's doing the right business move by cancelling so she can sell for more (her excuse doesn't hold much weight with me), but by doing so she will have to be prepared to deal with those consequences. so long as no one actually lost money, they should just leave the negative feedback and whatnot, and just move on looking for the next good deal.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2003, 09:23 AM »
After a good deal of reading on the scum thread. I think that there seems to be a large gap in perception on what this seller did. I do not understand why the self proclaimed core clooectors don't feel that this seller is at fault? First I reaserched the seller a bit and it really seems to me she is a reseller and knows about what she is marketing. This woman placed a BIN auction and I really doubt she wouldn't have looked at other auctions of similar items. I am presuming this but I think it is probable.
 Second I feel that all these will end up in 1 or 2 peoples hands very soon. I don't want to draw conclusions but to have a fellow forum member under cut a completed auction is worth noting if thats the case. I for one would never deal with that person. Case in point Dale noticed an auction I was winning for a good price, He may have been tempted to bid but knew I was trying to get that piece so he stayed out of it. That was classy and things like that are repaid. If he would have bid and won that would have been fair and I couldn't be mad because it was well withing the auction time limits and the true meaning of what an auction is.  But when a person sees a completed auction and weasles a deal to get the piece away from the true winning bidder that is very poor and desevers the recourse of those actions.
 For others to say buyers are upset that they couldn't rob anybody is assinine at best. How is it robbing someone by paying there full asking price? Also why is this seller sending out invoices if she reniged on the deal? Very questionable if you ask me. I would stick the $20 bucks into square trade and follow all ebay channels after all it is only a little of my time. Auctions work both ways some sellers really come out ahead and some buyers get great deals, thats the game. If you don't want to sell use a reaseve or higher starting bid or better yet don't list it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Good points Wayne. Though reading the posts at RS, it is very interesting. Yes she posted them with a BIN of $100. each. Each auction came out in 15 minute intervals which were set on a timer by using a Lister program.
The auctions were Bin'd & thus ending the auctions. They do stay on the Bin page for a period of time & someone"s" saw they were gone & what they went for & offered the seller a higer price per figure. It could be for a single figure or a group or all of them.
As mentioned by Scott "smcwilliams",

Originally posted by smcwilliams:
I had a certain member send a email to me instead of the seller offering more money for them.

It looks like one of the interested party's which is an RS member used the "Ask Seller A Question" feature & offered her mega bucks. In his haste, he or she clicked the winning bidders user name without know what they did & sent off the offer. Thus Scott get's the email from the interested party. He holds the key as to who it is & may also hold the key as to what an offer may have been on said figure"s".

All this looks like it happened after the auctions were Bin'd. Now I can see if there was no reserve on them & had a few days to go, someone can make an offer thus making the seller end the auction. Happens all the time. But when an auction has ended & the seller informs the bidders later with the email that was sent to them, it goes against eBays rules.

I do not buy her excuse that they were:

on consignment with someone and between the time that the pictures were taken and the auctions were created for launching that seller has subsequently spoken to "experts" and now refuses to relinquish them to me for distribution.
  ::)

The key words here are "created for launching" which IMHO was by using the Lister program.

It all comes down to she was offered major amounts of money for them & she got gready. She sells 12 first issue figures for a total of $1200. We all know they are worth a heck of alot more than that. Some of those figures can command $500. plus each. So thats $6000. plus in our collecting world.

I don't blame the buyers for being pissed over this. If I was one of them, I sure as heck would be  >:(
I'd neg her & complain to eBay yadda-yadda-yadda...

As for that auction you won Wayne, I always check the bidder history. Like I said, down to the dying seconds, no one else came in & out bid you. I thought it was fair to let it go as I knew you were the high bidder on it. There will be more, in time.  ;)  Just post those pictures when you get it. I'm looking forward to seeing them.  8)

Stay tuned folks for more exciting storys from "The Seller That Went Bad!"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 11:01 AM »
Also why is this seller sending out invoices if she reniged on the deal? Very questionable if you ask me.

Forgot to mention, she takes Paypal. Thats maybe why the buyers paid so fast & she refunded there money so fast. Paypal sends out an invoice to the buyers. Sometimes after the auction ends & sometime days later. I had one sent to me a month after the auction ended & I already had the item.  ::)

That could be the reason!  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 11:08 AM »
I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest.  I think the rat fink at RS should be thrown to thw wolves, that is what makes these forums so much fun :-*

The seller is also a rat fink.  Sure she screwed up, sure she probably lost out on thousands but that is her own damn fault for not doing due diligence in researching what these are actually worth.

Say I have a Van Gogh, don't really know or care about it, sell it at a Rummage Sale for $5, is it my fault that I didn't know that it was worth millions?  Should I run out to the street and demand my money back after I see it worth more.  

This is part of the reason why modern collecting is more fun for me and I am glad I never got into the carded world of vintage

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 11:40 AM »
I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest.  I think the rat fink at RS should be thrown to thw wolves, that is what makes these forums so much fun :-*

;D   :-*