Author Topic: Valor vs Venom  (Read 197466 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2005, 09:07 AM »
We hit the clearance aisles at Wal-Mart this weekend, just checking for anything "cool" for our nephews.  We ended up picking up some cheap toys to have at our house for them, and one of them was one of the Comic Book 3-packs.  They had the first series of them on clearance for $3 each, which I thought was a deal.  I think I'll keep the Snake-Eyes for myself, although all three are tempting.  I've thought about collecting Joe a little bit, but best stay clear.  Sounds like some neat stuff on the way though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2005, 09:18 AM »
If I had a million I'd be buying Vintage Joes like there was no tomorrow.  Only 1982-1987 though which is the stuff I had

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2005, 04:50 PM »
I probably will pick up the greenshirt pack even though I am disappointed in their goofy heads.  They have to stop making figures with facial hair.  The bodies will be good for custom fodder.  The heads will be smashed with a hammer.  The CG packs shouldn't each have a Firefly.  I'm sick of seeing that figure.  It's probably not really him, but still, they could have replaced him with another CG or a CGI.  I can't say that I care for the body used for the twins, either.  I will just pick up one of those packs if I see it.