Author Topic: Worst Part of Clone Wars  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Worst Part of Clone Wars
« on: August 26, 2003, 10:41 AM »
What do you think the worst idea in the clone wars line

For me it has to be General Yoda.  We see Yoda in Episode I and II and V and VI he is wearing about the same style clothing.  Suddenly in the thick of the Clone Wars I guess he decides he needs to look a little tougher and he gets his friends South of the Border to send him some new duds

Horse Crap

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Part of Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 11:55 AM »
Yoda looks like he's from an old Spaghetti Western movie!  ;D

A Fistful of Sabers, For a Few Clones More, The Good, the Bad and the Dark Side!  :D

The Good, the Bad and the Dark Side Clicky!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 05:13 PM »
You guys are harsh...  I like Yoda. :)

Now Durge...  Durge just bites it.  Lame, and looks like he should be fighting the "Super Friends" instead of in the Clone Wars.  Blah...  The embodiment of what's wrong with EU writing and conceptualizing.  Nothing "new", just borrowed...  Borrowing is cool, but get some freakin' creativity going.

His bolo is a neat weapon though, I will admit that.

His "jousting" on a swoop is stupid though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Virex

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 08:02 PM »
Yoda looks like he's from an old Spaghetti Western movie!  ;D

Reminds me of a graphic a friend of mine did for the Tulsa Fan Force club:

Cool, eh?  He did it sometime last year.

To be more on-topic:  I'm not interested in non-movie stuff in the slightest, so I don't care what they look like.  (And, I say I'm not interested in this stuff, but I'm in the minority of people that would like to see cartoon-style figures of the Clone Wars characters, for some reason.  I think they'd be cool.  Go figure.)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 11:31 AM »
It's just a kid's cartoon series so I can 't work up much disastifaction with any of it really.  But Yoda does look a bit funky I will admit since we are used to something entirely different.  Durge is just a bit over the top.  They tried though I'll give it that.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 01:18 PM »
It doesn't bother me all that much, but a little.  what bothers me more is the thought that Yoda hadn't washed or changed his clothes in 800+ years.  Ewww.  

I'm not that keen on some of the clone wars figs, but I will likely get them all.  Wave 17 sucked, so I didn't order a case.  Anakin and Yoda x4???  What are they thinking?  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 10:44 PM »
I can't really say that I don't like Yoda, because he finally has new threads (who cares if he looks like he just got back from a trip to Tiajuana) and he has that awesome hover craft.  That thing is wicked cool!  I can just dream of how he flies all over the place chopping people up.  Way cool!

Durge, I love this guy!  I didn't like him the first time I saw him, but after seeing him upclose I cannot wait to get him.  He looks like a total bad a@@!!!!  He looks even better with that swoop bike of his.
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 12:47 AM »
No complaints here, I think that if they left him too much like the movies, then people would then be complaining that they didn't change him enough! ;)

My biggest rant might be the Mace Windu, why did they make his head so stupid looking?  Also, I really don't like Kit Fisto not having a shirt on, it reminds me too much of Whiplash, the He-Man figure.

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 01:48 PM »
I'm not too crazy about General Yoda.  But for me, the worst thing?  I can't find the Clone Trooper 3-packs.  The army builders are going nuts over these, and regular collectors are all looking for these.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback