Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 130437 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #465 on: January 29, 2008, 01:40 PM »
We spend far too much time and energy in this thread discussing ghosts and vaporware, and not enough on people that are actually interested in creating (and releasing!) new music.

Slash Itching To Start New Velvet Revolver Disc

January 22, 2008, 10:10 AM ET
Gary Graff, Detroit

Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash says the group is planning a significantly shorter turnaround for its third album.

Slash tells Billboard.com that the group plans to start working in earnest on the follow-up to last year's "Libertad" in April, almost immediately after the quintet finishes a tour that starts Jan. 24 in Chicago and includes dates in North America, Australia and Europe.

"That's the big thing right now," Slash says. "I'm really jazzed about doing it. I've been working on new ideas, and we've had a couple times where the guys all got together and worked on some stuff. I'm itching to see what this third record's gonna be, 'cause I think it's gonna be ******' awesome, and I think we don't necessarily need to spend two years on the road like we did last time (for 2004's 'Contraband')."

Slash adds that he's "not gonna go so far as to say, 'Yeah, we've got a couple of new songs done,'" but he says there are arrangements and ideas in place that he thinks will come together in short order. "As you go along you've got more and more freedom and are less inhibited to do whatever you want, just for the simple fact you've been working together for as long as you have, and you've established a certain creative relationship," he explains. "Wherever we're at (now) is definitely far and away beyond where we were a year ago, and we're gonna go explore that."

No producer has been chosen for the project, but Slash says he favors "Libertad" collaborator Brendan O'Brien. And while the Velvet Revolver album is on the front-burner, Slash still wants to move forward on a solo album, which he says will feature a roster of guest vocalist.

"The only progress is I'm starting to put it together as to how I'm gonna do it and who I'm gonna do it with," he says. "It's actually really in the back of my mind, but I haven't gotten the wheels in motion to get it produced. It'll be coming -- probably the next thing I do after the next Velvet Revolver record. But if anything delays the Velvet record, I would turn around and do that (solo album) then."

I'm not sure how the third Revolvers' (is that what we're calling them?  The Revolvers?) record is gonna work with this news, though:

Slash: Weiland Playing With STP This Summer

January 25, 2008, 11:30 ET
John Benson, Cleveland

After Velvet Revolver wraps a spring tour in support of its second album, "Libertad," frontman Scott Weiland will rejoin his former bandmates in Stone Temple Pilots for a handful of summer reunion shows, guitarist Slash tells Billboard.com.

STP broke up in late 2002; the band's last album was the previous year's "Shangri-La Dee Da." No other details have yet been revealed about STP's plans.

In the meantime, Weiland and his Velvet Revolver bandmates are still plugging away in support of "Libertad" with dates that run through early April. There's also the hope that recording for album number three could begin in the spring.

"I don't think anybody knew the second one came out," Slash admits. "We didn't promote it, for one. The first record I remember going out for three weeks on the road and just promoting, with (bassist) Duff (McKagan) and myself going to Europe, Japan and the States.

"This time around we actually went on the road way before the album came out. It's just a different kind of promotion," he continues. "People are just going to a concert, and you're not necessarily drilling into their head about the new album. So I think that had a lot to do with it. All things considered, it doesn't matter to me. It's still just a really good record."

On the current tour, which plays Milwaukee tonight (Jan. 25), Velvet Revolver has added additional Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots covers it hadn't performed previously.

"There was a point there where I thought that we felt like we were sort of obligated to do them, like people really, really were expecting that," Slash says. "And once we got a bigger catalog by putting out another record, there was a feeling like we don't necessarily have to do any Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots songs."

"It was more like Pete Townshend feeling like he didn't have to smash his amps every night," he continues. "So for a second there, that was the plan, but then we personally started missing it. They were like the easiest cover songs for us to cover because we wrote them, so we just sort of got over that."

Speaking of Guns N' Roses, Slash admits he has no contact with Axl Rose, nor has he heard material from the long-awaited "Chinese Democracy." But any silence between the camps is bound to end come 2012, when the influential hard rock act becomes eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Slash, McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum experienced firsthand what could be in store based on the drama that ensued last year around Van Halen's induction into the Rock Hall. With Eddie Van Halen in rehab and David Lee Roth refusing to attend after a set list squabble, Velvet Revolver ended up jamming with Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar.

"I never even thought about it until we had to do that," Slash says. "Somebody asked me, 'Do you think you guys will be able to show up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (induction ceremony) in five years?' I was like, 'Oh, I guess we're eligible.' It never dawned on me before then. If this comes up, I'd hope we'd be mature enough to get up and do that, but I have no idea."

When asked what his gut feeling is about Rose and the other original members coming together, Slash says, "My gut doesn't count because it's not just about me. It's about everybody. And if it was easy to predict, we probably wouldn't have had so many hassles in the first place."

Duff McKagan on Weiland and STP re-formation rumours

Classic Rock just tracked down Duff McKagan, Velvet Revolver bassist, and quizzed him about VR singer Scott Weiland's recent 'antics'.

Here's what Duff had to say:

On the Sundance Festival:
“I sang It’s So Easy and I Wanna Be Your Dog and then we were panicking a bit over what to play so Matt [Sorum] got up and sang Patience, Matt’s a great singer, he really is. Why wasn’t Scott there? Scott missed his plane, yeah, let’s say that, Scott missed his plane…”

On Stone Temple Pilots re-forming:
“That’s the rumour that I’ve heard too, good for him. You can’t plan ahead in this thing and if you do you’re going to be disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, I love playing live and we love this band, but I don’t have expectations any more. This is a great band and I’m proud to be a part of it, but it doesn’t define me any more.”

Stay tuned for further developments.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #466 on: February 7, 2008, 06:57 PM »
This made me laugh very much.  ::)

From blabbermouth:

According to The Pulse of Radio, recent reports have indicated that GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", is finished and the group's frontman W. Axl Rose is negotiating for more money with his record label before he will release the masters.

The ever-shifting GUNS N' ROSES lineup began working on "Chinese Democracy" sometime in the mid-'90s, and has reportedly spent $13 million recording the effort. Promised release dates in 2006 and 2007 did not materialize.

GUNS N' ROSES has only toured twice in the last 14 years: an aborted 2002 run that only lasted for a few shows, and a far more successful 2006 trek that took the latest lineup around the world.

Although Rose is considered one of rock's greatest frontmen, his sometimes irrational behavior onstage, reclusive lifestyle and notoriety for feuding with other rock stars has also earned him a reputation as one of rock's true eccentrics.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #467 on: February 18, 2008, 04:19 PM »
This is reportedly from someone at the record label:

February 13th 2008: 14:31.EST

From the desk of : -------------------, Geffen, Interscope A&M

FAO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

---Guns N' Roses---

Thank you for your patience with the proceedings of the album by the hard rock band "Guns N' Roses". The album "Chinese Democracy" is finally in post production as of January 2008. It has been nearly eight long, arduous years and as such it is a thrill to finally announce that the album is indeed completed.

Suggested Finalized Information:

(please refer to attachment CDsongs.nfo_1)
(please refer to attachment DVDchapters.nfo_2)

To say this album has taken a while is most certainly, an understatement, after various demonstrational products of the album leaked, two world tours had to be cancelled, then pulled back with a phenomenal world tour of 2006/2007, shows the fans patience in this band, and indeed the final album in question, Chinese Democracy.

Mr Rose was personally at Interscope earlier this month and thanks to our marketing and legal departments, has secured the rights for the sound bites and speech as used by Martin Luther King in the song "Madagascar" and thus we have come to an abridged agreement with the three siblings of the King Estate as of September 2007, as well as the guitar work used by the artist "Buckethead" stemming from earlier recordings of the album before his departure in 2004.

The original plans for this major release were to have included an earlier Extended Play disc and then to stem from that the first and second singles from the album, however due to conflicts of interest of the album the plans had been scrapped as of December 2007. The original Extended Play disc was to have contained at least three mastered tracks that were set to be on the album "Chinese Democracy" including the former referred song "Madagascar", as well as three that weren't, in order to give the fans a preview of the album that was forthcoming, however various problems have included lawsuits from former band members, the collapse of our sister company and the forced merger that has tied into that stemming from profits and loss of the financial year of 2006/2007.

The band's original plans were that the album would be released after the world tour in 2007, as with the world tour wrapped up and old and new fans seeing the new incarnation of Guns N' Roses, the album was expected to become a juggernaut and even one of the crown jewels of the music year, along with other established artists under our banner including "Good Charlotte" and "A Fire Inside" as well as our recent signed artists from the UK including "The Klaxons" and "Enter Shikari", then a longer than scheduled tour would have occurred in 2007 into 2008, backing the release of the album and playing shows and festivals that were not on other tours in previous years to integrate the world tour experience.

In late 2007, developments came around new material that had been recorded earlier in the year, with the option of those tracks becoming both physical and digital releases; however more problems arose when Mr. Rose and the current producer, Mr. Andy Wallace, declined against using the mix of the tracks. The tracks, which included the track known as "Motormouth" were set to be used in the new game by Electronic Arts Inc. known as "Burnout Paradise", however an agreement did come through the use of the original master track "Paradise City" which was the tie-in theme for the game.

However more recently the development of financial setbacks have arisen over the prospective release and schedule over the album, with the band set to tour in late 2008 into 2009 following the suggested release of the album has meant that the financing of one Mr. Rose has had to come to an abrupt halt for the time being, as the continuing conflicts are preventing us from nearing 100% completion. The planned tour was scheduled to be beginning in late fall of 2008, continuing into mid spring of 2009, where the second of the albums by the band was to have been released. A third and final album was scheduled for release shortly after this. Long-time friend of Mr. Rose, Mr. Sebastian Bach has been given permission of the use of this information by Mr. Rose. Mr. Bach also has collaborated on many tracks on the albums as well as many other artists and musicians, and as such, problems have arisen with other artist labels to use these musicians on the material, along with issues of pay and content rights.

The current problems that have arisen with the album are also that of visual proportion. The album does not as of yet have cover art and a theme to the cover, as, much to our dismay, Mr. Rose did not like the original concept cover from the album, as seen in a meeting with the band in late 2007. However with plans for the album to be released digitally at first, there are plans for us to come to compromise with Mr. Rose over this situation. With the proposed tour in question, and off the back of that said tour would come the release of the album, these plans, as stated before, are not set in stone, but we are nearing closer, as was said, the album is done, however the legalities and financial issues are the problems for this album at this time, as sale and printing of the albums, as well as copyright control and digital rights management, does not even cover 1/10th of the assets we have paid to Mr. Rose.

Negotiations are ongoing with the band and Mr. Rose's manager, Ms "Beta" Lebeis and as progress is becoming more and more evident now than ever, we are hoping to make a major announcement through official sources of Mr. Rose as of summer 2008.

The record company thus far has paid Mr. Rose an estimated $10 million plus for this album and to keep the well known, established artist under our varied umbrella of artists that includes such established artists as "Mary J. Blige", "U2" and "Sonic Youth". However at this present time, with the album finished and the first of three set to drop in stores in 2008, Mr. Rose's tenure with our label has come under question, as he is one of the most, as well as his band being some of the most, profitable artists that we could utilize to bring up the markets of music in the financial year of 2008/2009.

Yours Sincerely

Ms.-----------------------
Interscope/Geffen Records.

_____________________________ ______

CDsongs.nfo_1

Finalized tracks on hard rock band "Guns N' Roses" - "Chinese Democracy" as of January 2008.

• Chinese Democracy
• I.R.S
• Better
• Sorry
• Prostitute
• No Way Back
• Seven
• Madagascar
• The Blues
• Broken
• MotorMouth
• If The World
• Atlas Shrugged
• Friend or Foe?
• T.W.A.T (There Was A Time)

DVDchapters.nfo_2

Bonus DVD to contain performances from World Tour of 2006/2007

• Welcome To The Jungle (Live at Los Angeles, USA, Gibson Ampitheatre)
• The Blues (Live At Los Angeles, USA, Gibson Ampitheatre)
• My Michelle (Live At Donington, England , Download Festival)
• Better (Live At Manchester England, Evening News Arena)
• I.R.S (Live At Nürburgring, Germany, Rock Am Ring)
• Prostitute (Live At Rehearsals)
• Interview with the Band
• GuitarWorld feature on Robin Finck
• Exclusive - MTV Cribs - Richard Fortus

So, if this is true, and if I'm reading this right, it sounds like the current issues holding up the album are sorting out the rights and paying the dozens of musicians who have worked on this album over the years, as well as deciding on cover art.

It also seems to hint at a digital release at first (perhaps sometime this summer) followed by a tour.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:20 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #468 on: February 18, 2008, 06:05 PM »
 ::) I am so tired of this.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 18, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Wait, Chinese Democracy is supposed to be the first of three upcoming albums?

"Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt!"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #470 on: February 19, 2008, 03:04 PM »
::) I am so tired of this.

Not me.  I love it.

I know I've said it before, but the history behind the album is so much more interesting to me than anything that could actually be on the album.  I can hear it now:  "We waited all these years for this?!"

I hope it goes on like this forever.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 19, 2008, 03:18 PM »
It will go on forever.  This album will never see the light of day.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #472 on: March 27, 2008, 12:54 AM »
Holy ****, this is hilarious:

DR PEPPER WILL GIVE EVERYONE* IN AMERICA A FREE SODA IF AXL ROSE RELEASES NEW GUNS N’ ROSES ALBUM, CHINESE DEMOCRACY, IN 2008

*Guitarists Slash and Buckethead Will Not Be Eligible For Free Soda

PLANO, Texas (March 26, 2008) – Tired of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers and musicals about high schoolers pass as rock ‘n roll music, Dr Pepper is encouraging (ok, begging) Axl Rose to finally release his 17-year-in-the-making belabored masterpiece, Chinese Democracy, in 2008.

In an unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl, everyone in America, except estranged GNR guitarists Slash and Buckethead, will receive a free can of Dr Pepper if the album ships some time -- anytime! -- in 2008. Dr Pepper supports Axl, and fully understands that sometimes you have to make it through the jungle before you get it right.

"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper’s special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love,” said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. “So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection – for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds - an instant classic.”

Show your support for Axl and get on the nightrain of encouragement at http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

"Dr Pepper for the ears"

What makes it even better is that ******* Rose actually responded!

March 26, 2008

Press Release from Axl Regarding Dr Pepper

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album "Chinese Democracy," as for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

This is funny.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #473 on: March 27, 2008, 08:18 AM »
I saw that, if it works thats awesome! I'll sign up for whatever list Dr. Pepper puts up.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 28, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Holy ****, this is hilarious:

DR PEPPER WILL GIVE EVERYONE* IN AMERICA A FREE SODA IF AXL ROSE RELEASES NEW GUNS N’ ROSES ALBUM, CHINESE DEMOCRACY, IN 2008

*Guitarists Slash and Buckethead Will Not Be Eligible For Free Soda

PLANO, Texas (March 26, 2008) – Tired of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers and musicals about high schoolers pass as rock ‘n roll music, Dr Pepper is encouraging (ok, begging) Axl Rose to finally release his 17-year-in-the-making belabored masterpiece, Chinese Democracy, in 2008.

In an unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl, everyone in America, except estranged GNR guitarists Slash and Buckethead, will receive a free can of Dr Pepper if the album ships some time -- anytime! -- in 2008. Dr Pepper supports Axl, and fully understands that sometimes you have to make it through the jungle before you get it right.

"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper’s special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love,” said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. “So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection – for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds - an instant classic.”

Show your support for Axl and get on the nightrain of encouragement at http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

"Dr Pepper for the ears"

What makes it even better is that ******* Rose actually responded!

March 26, 2008

Press Release from Axl Regarding Dr Pepper

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album "Chinese Democracy," as for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

This is funny.

Interesting, although I doubt it'll have any effect on the release of the album.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #475 on: April 2, 2008, 10:16 AM »
From Blabbermouth:

It's Official: VELVET REVOLVER Parts Ways With Singer SCOTT WEILAND - Apr. 1, 2008

VELVET REVOLVER founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today (Tuesday, April 1) that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash in a press release. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

Slash hinted in a recent interview that the band might carry on without Weiland, who announced onstage in Glasgow two weeks ago that fans were watching the "last tour" by the group. Weiland and drummer Matt Sorum proceeded to get into a public war of words online, fueling speculation that the band was splitting apart. But Slash told Classic Rock magazine, "Obviously I'm very aware of everything that's going on. The only thing I can add to that is, in contrast to what Scott says, there will be a VELVET REVOLVER after this tour." When asked if Weiland would continue as the singer, Slash added with a chuckle, "I have no comment on that."

Weiland is reuniting with his previous outfit, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, which broke up in 2002. The group has scheduled a press conference in Los Angeles for April 7 where it will announce a full tour of 50 or more dates for the summer and fall in addition to the handful of festival shows already confirmed.

Weiland spent a month in rehab recently, following an arrest for driving under the influence last November and his failure to show up for a VELVET REVOLVER gig at the Sundance Festival in January.

Despite the latest turmoil, bassist Duff McKagan told the U.K.'s Journal Live recently, "VELVET REVOLVER is something that's going to be around for a long while yet."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 2, 2008, 11:36 AM »
That would be awesome if Axl Rose became the lead singer of Velvet Revolver.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #477 on: April 2, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Let's just hope that doesn't happen until after Chinese Democracy comes out... otherwise Axl will want to re-record the whole damn thing with the new line-up...   :P
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 4, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Damn, and I was really getting into the Librated album.   ::)

Nonetheless, now that Duff, matt, and Slash are available, the reunion can commence!  Sorry Kushner, but you'd be out of a job.  Izzy would also have to return!

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 8, 2008, 10:20 AM »
OK, just finished reading the back-and-forth between VR members (Are we calling The Revolvers?).  With all the talk of Dr Pepper and Chinese Democracy, I'll post the links and quotes here:

March 20, 2008

Weiland told the sold-out crowd in Glasgow, Scotland, UK: "You're watching something special... the last tour by VELVET REVOLVER."

The following day, March 21, 2008, Matt Sorum posted his blog:

Hey all you great Fans,

So last night was interesting. Had a little band turmoil on stage as you probably all could tell. Being in a band is a lot like being in a relationship. Sometimes you just don’t get along. I guess there has been more turmoil lately I guess with the cancellations and all.

It has been frustrating I am not going to lie. My career and life in Rock n Roll has come with its ups and downs. Unfortunatly some people in this business don’t realize how great of a life they have. Touring the world, meeting great people and fans all over the world. And just playing music for a living. I feel truly blessed. But sometimes the road can be draining for some, being away from home and family does grind on you sometimes. With all the traveling and different beds. Personally I Love this **** and sometimes can’t believe I am so lucky to still be doing what I do for a living.

Everybody could see who was unhappy lastnight but all I can say is Let’s keep the Rock alive people!!!! In this life u just pick up and keep moving. And don’t ever let anybody stand in your way. The TRUTH Rock On!!!!!!

Matt

Weiland responded the same day at Blabbermouth.net:

"Well, first of all, the state of my family affairs is really none of his business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. Secondly, 'keeping rock 'n' roll alive?' I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though — this is your FIRST band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only cancelled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve... Volley! You cancelled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why… we'll just let Blabbermouth find out for themselves.

"As for our fans — I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you. And will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear VELVET REVOLVER playing… not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied up sound. God forbid — could one imagine if I grabbed a guitar and started soloing along with Slash? That would never happen because I know my place. It's a shame… we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows.

"On a separate note, we did an STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] photo shoot before this tour and it was fun, inspiring and it gave me that thrill — that feeling that got my rocks off from the get-go."

On April 1st (no April Fool's joke), the original 4 members of VR (are we calling them The Revolvers?) announced they were parting ways with Weiland with the following statement:

"This band is all about its fans and its music, and Scott Weiland isn't 100 percent committed to either," guitarist Slash said in the statement. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

Weiland, of course, responds on April 2nd:

SCOTT WEILAND STATEMENT:

After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious "GUITAR HERO," Saul Hudson, a.k.a Slash, I find it humorous that the so called four "founding members" of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as "the Project" before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow.  In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment, I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth.  The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun... at times, but let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member, no need to mention his name).  Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back.  This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow band mates in STP and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang.

p.s. don't be fooled by veiled trickery

p.p.s good hunting lads, I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice.

You couldn't write this stuff!
I am disappointed in the breakup as I was really getting into the Librated album.   :-\
Slash has also gone on record saying the band (are we no longer calling them The Revolvers?) has someone already in mind to replace Weiland, and worked with him before the Europe tour.  Had he been ready, VR might have dumped Weiland earlier.  The fact that Slash wanted to start recording a new album this month with VR and Weiland was making plans to tour with STP only added to the problems the band was having.  I guess this gives Slash time to make another solo album.

I know we all like to blame for Axl for the destruction fo GNR, but with all the well-publicized drug problems of Duff and Slash, perhaps Axl was actually in the right???  Hell, even before the Illusions were drawn up, Axl was on-stage saying that certain "members" of the band needed to clean up their act if the band were to stay together.  I can see a situation where Slash claims to be the victim of the GNR debacle, but should also shoulders the blame.  Love that "illustrious Guitar Hero' comment by Weiland tho! ;D

I have to read Slash's book and last year's unauthorized GNR biography now.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 10:31 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate