Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 130409 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #210 on: May 9, 2006, 11:17 AM »
I wish I could play the guitar like Slash.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 9, 2006, 11:25 AM »
interesting read over at KNAC.  You can check out the brief interview with Axl.

www.knac.com

Izzy Stradlin possibly playing a few shows.  And Slash ::)

The bummer for you fans is he is now saying Fall to late Fall for Chinese Democracy.  Wasnt it going to be Summer a few weeks back?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #212 on: May 9, 2006, 11:30 AM »
The bummer for you fans is he is now saying Fall to late Fall for Chinese Democracy.  Wasnt it going to be Summer a few weeks back?

For those of us who have been following this album since, oh, about 1998, the news that it's been pushed back a few months should come as no surprise.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Another update - sorry if it is a repost:

GUNS N ROSES

Guns N Roses will open for the Rolling Stones July 10th in Nurenburg, Gremany and July 12th in Leipzig, Germany.

Axl Rose has recently revealed the band's long-awaited effort "Chinese Democracy" will hit shelves before the end of the year.
[/i]
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2006, 12:03 PM »
He's said Chinese Democracy "will be out before the end of the year" every year since 2000.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2006, 05:11 PM »
More news on my local radio station web page:

GUNS N ROSES

The Reuters news service filed a report on the 2nd night of a 4-night Guns N Roses stand at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom. Here's an excerpt:

Guns N' Roses performed nine of the 12 songs from its 1987 debut album "Appetite for Destruction," including "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Sweet Child O' Mine." Other crowd pleasers included "You Could Be Mine," "Live and Let Die," and the ballads "November Rain" and "Patience."

It was the second of four sold-out shows scheduled at Hammerstein. After Friday and Sunday, the band will play again Monday and Wednesday before a series of European festival appearances that will begin May 25 in Madrid and will include two dates opening for the Rolling Stones in Germany.

While the crowd came to hear the old hits, Guns N' Roses also played several songs from "Chinese Democracy," including "Madagascar" and "IRS." Rose told a New York radio station last week that the album might come out this fall. During the show, he thanked the crowd for its patience.

Anybody in the New York area???
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2006, 02:54 AM »
I wish I could play the guitar like Slash.

misterkenutjob can.  Or was it just Gilmour and Hendrix he was better than?  I can never remember...

Anyone know if GNR ever played "Coma" live?  And if so, anyone know where to find it?  Easily my favorite GNR song.

John

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2006, 09:28 AM »
Anyone know if GNR ever played "Coma" live?  And if so, anyone know where to find it?  Easily my favorite GNR song.

They did play it live, but very rarely--I wanna say they only played it three times.  I know they played it at the 1992-04-09 Chicago show, because that was the show right after I saw 'em in OKC.   >:(

Watch it

And according to GNRontour.com, they also played it at the 1991-06-04 show in Richfield, Ohio, in Tokyo on 1992-02-19, and at the 1993-04-10 show in Omaha.  So, four times.

They also released it as a bonus track on the Japanese and vinyl versions of the Live Era '87-'93 album.  I've got an MP3 of it somewhere--I'll see if I can't put it up here in a little while.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2006, 04:09 PM »

Watch it

MANY THANX FOR THAT LINK, MWB!!! ;D ;D ;D

That was awesome!  I much prefer the live version versus the album version with the added special effects and bitches.  That song sounds classic when played live!

I love the live versions of DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE and THE GODFATHER THEME from the Tokyo concert.  Great jam sessions

Any way to convert that in a MP3 file so I can load onto my iPod???

Furthermore, can anybody send me the MP3 files of the "new" GNR Chinease Democracy songs?  I tried a while back to get them from JIM, but I never received his emails. 

PM me for details.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 04:13 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2006, 04:21 PM »
MANY THANX FOR THAT LINK, MWB!!! ;D ;D ;D

Oh, settle down.

I've got some Chinese Democracy MP3s and other stuff.  I'll try to get 'em uploaded tonight, along with the live Coma I mentioned earlier.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2006, 11:33 AM »
I.R.S. MP3
Better (Demo) MP3
The Blues MP3
There Was a Time MP3

There are a couple more Chinese Democracy tracks that have leaked in the last few months, but those are all that I've got.

And, as promised:

Coma (live) MP3

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Thanks a ton.  Coma live is frickin' awesome.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Yeah that is awesome.  After listening on iTunes this came up...no ****

You believe all the **** you read?

I said, you believe all the **** you read?

You ever wonder why you're given so much **** to read?

You're given a lot of **** to read . . .because. . . there's a lot of ****in' people out there who, uh. . . I don't think I should even give them the credit to say they're very conscious of that which they are doing. . .

But it's mainly because they don't want things like this post here at Rebelscum to ****ing happen.

Yeah, there's a, there's a lot of people who don't know why they do things. . . But some of the reasons behind that, are they don't want the people like you, that are here today, to see some little loud-mouthed ****er like me, who crawled out of some ****hole somewhere, and worked his way up onto this message board!

They don't want--there's something out there that doesn't want people like you to realize that you can do whatever the **** you want with your goddamn life.

And unless--there are those, that unless they got a piece of the pie, unless they got a piece of your *** , unless they got a piece of your life, they just don't want it to happen. You do it their way, or you don't do it.

Well they can suck my **** .

I believe that deep inside everybody, there's something inside you that knows what the **** it is you're supposed to do with your life, and no matter what anybody tells you, if you keep lookin', and if you keep diggin', you're gonna find it, and you can be the person you're ****in' meant to be on this goddamn planet.

And don't let anybody, anybody ever get in your way. . . including me.

And I know it's not, like the most humane thing, but, you can, uh, when it gets real rough, you can think of a little theme song, that somebody wrote, namely Mr. Paul McCartney. And when they're tryin' to keep you down, just hold on and know that someday, you'll bust out and you'll get under your own **** and they won't be able to ****ing keep up with your *** , and you can be thinking: Just live and let die, mother****er.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Also...does anyone have the Gilby/Axl duet on Gilby's solo disc of the Stones "Dead Flowers"?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2006, 10:19 PM »
And, as promised:

Coma (live) MP3

I thank you, kind sir.  If you were here right now I'd give you a big bear hug to thank you.  Then I'd walk away feeling really awkward and never speak of it again.

John