Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 131001 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #555 on: October 16, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Track listing revealed. I hope they changed the name of The Blues or it is a hidden track because its a great song.

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Scraped
3. Shackler's Revenge
4. Street Of Dreams
5. If The World
6. Better
7. This I Love
8. There Was A Time
9. Riad N' The Bedovins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Catcher
13. Madagascar
14. Prostitute
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 17, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Track listing revealed. I hope they changed the name of The Blues or it is a hidden track because its a great song.

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Scraped
3. Shackler's Revenge
4. Street Of Dreams
5. If The World
6. Better
7. This I Love
8. There Was A Time
9. Riad N' The Bedovins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Catcher
13. Madagascar
14. Prostitute

Part of the lyrics in "The Blues" does include 'street of dreams', so it is most likely the same song.  All 9 leaked tracks in June are on this list, with most thinking the Untitiled #2 Song is called 'Prostitute'. 

'Scraped' has another name, but is completely new.  Rumors that is could be Silkworms or Checkmate.  'This I Love' is supposed to be the epic song long discussed, but no one has ever heard publically.  'Sorry' is a songs that features Sebastian Bach on vocals - he metioned with was an angry, bitter song.  'Catcher' will probably be 'Catcher In The Rye', a long-time favorite of the leaked tracks, but only one bad demo version has ever been heard.

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #557 on: October 17, 2008, 10:42 AM »
Awesome.  And released the day before my birthday.   ;D
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #558 on: October 21, 2008, 09:19 PM »
From Blabbermouth

A 50-second audio sample of the new GUNS N' ROSES single is available for streaming below. It can also be found at 93rock.com (scroll down).

"Chinese Democracy", the title track of the group's long-delayed new album, is set to impact at radio tomorrow (Wednesday, October 22). The track will be available to download by U.S. radio outlets at 5 a.m. ET Wednesday morning. The 50-second snippet was released today as a teaser via Digital Media Distribution System (DMDS), which allows record labels to send music and promotional materials directly to radio stations securely and cost effectively.

BestBuy.com will exclusively carry "Chinese Democracy" in the U.S. starting on November 23. A pre-order page for the long-delayed release was posted at the site on Wednesday (October 15), although the pre-order option was later taken off. The page lists 14 song titles for the record, 11 of which have either been played live or leaked online over the past few years. The Pulse of Radio reports that one of those, "Street of Dreams", was previously known as "The Blues", while three titles, "Scraped", "Sorry" and "Prostitute", have not been heard anywhere.

There has still not been an official announcement regarding the November 23 arrival date for the record.

EDIT--------------------------

So i heard the song a couple of times already this morning on a few different stations. It was exciting to hear it actually on the radio.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:37 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #559 on: October 22, 2008, 02:41 PM »
The 11/23/08 date is finally up on The Axl Rose Band's homepage:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/splash.jsp

Also, Best Buy and Geffen issued a joint press release:

Press release from Best Buy/Geffen:

MINNEAPOLIS, October 22, 2008 – Best Buy and Geffen Records announced that one of the most highly anticipated albums of all time, Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy, will be available beginning Nov. 23 at Best Buy and BestBuy.com on CD, vinyl, and digital downloads. The title track, the first single from the album, was released to radio today, October 22. Chinese Democracy is the first album of new material from one of rock’s most influential bands since the 1991 simultaneous releases of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II.

“The release of Chinese Democracy marks a historic moment in rock n’ roll,” said co-managers Irving Azoff and Andy Gould. “We’re launching with a monumental campaign developed by Gary Arnold and the Best Buy team that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself. Guns N’ Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning.”

“Chinese Democracy is one of the most highly anticipated albums in music history, and Best Buy is thrilled to deliver this explosive and previously elusive release to Guns N’ Roses fans. Longtime fans will be rewarded for their patience and loyalty to this great band, while a new generation of fans will be blown away,” said Gary Arnold, Senior Entertainment Officer for Best Buy. “Axl Rose is one of the most dynamic and gifted writers and performers in modern music. Best Buy is excited to work with Axl to make the release of Chinese Democracy THE musical event of 2008!”

“Guns N’ Roses is THE premier American rock band,” commented Steve Berman, President, Sales and Marketing, Interscope Geffen A&M Records. “Partnering with Gary and everyone at Best Buy to release one of rock’s most anticipated and legendary albums is truly a moment in music history. We’re thrilled to be able to announce that Chinese Democracy is coming, it’s coming this year, and it’s coming to Best Buy.”

Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, the album, which will be released on Black Frog/Geffen Records, includes 14 tracks. “Shackler’s Revenge” debuted September 14 through the Rock Band 2 videogame and “If The World” can be heard in the film Body Of Lies, which premiered on October 11.

Chinese Democracy is being released in three formats: CD, Vinyl LP (with a free digital download of the tracks), and as a digital album. Pre-orders at www.BestBuy.com/chinesedemocracy begin today.

All of the alternate covers are now gone from BB's pre-order page.  Just the one CD, and one vinyl.

"Street of Dreams", was previously known as "The Blues"

Thank God they changed it.  Decent song, I guess, but a horrible, horrible title.  Initially.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #560 on: October 27, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Here's a better look at the cover:

Better get used to this cover, because you'll be seeing it all over the place at the used CD shops come December.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 27, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Strangely, I like it.

Better get used to this cover, because you'll be seeing it all over the place at the used CD shops come December.

I take it you won't be buying the album?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #562 on: October 27, 2008, 02:54 PM »
I take it you won't be buying the album?

You better take it again, then, because I've said all along that I'll be buying the album on Day One.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #563 on: October 27, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Anybody seen the alternate covers yet?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2008, 12:19 AM »

it'll look great next to all of these:

no record store is worth its salt without at least twelve of these in the used section.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 28, 2008, 06:39 PM »
I thought The Spaghetti Incident? was a great album. I actually liked their version of Hair Of The Dog better than the original.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #566 on: November 10, 2008, 08:22 AM »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 10, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Just FYI, the album is available for pre-order on iTunes, and the first single is available for download.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #568 on: November 11, 2008, 11:18 PM »
4 Stars from Rolling Stone

I guess at least one person will like it

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #569 on: November 11, 2008, 11:21 PM »
One word: Payola