Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 130105 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2004, 07:24 PM »
Let me know if I can return the favor by perhaps posting something in your behalf at the www.baggysweater.com forums sometime. . .

Why would you need to do that?  I haven't been banned there that I know of...   ???
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 07:24 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2004, 10:02 PM »
Was that Po'V's Greatest Hits list???  I happened to like that Sympathy for the Devil...its good, it would be good for the 2 disc dream compilation

If you are running Geffen (which last I checked you weren't) feel free to leave it off...and Axl, if you're out there reading this thread right now, release the damn thing already!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2004, 07:38 AM »
If you are running Geffen (which last I checked you weren't) feel free to leave it off...

:-[

Well, I have spoken with Axl and Slash on the phone, back in the day (oh, and Duff, too), and have an autographed CD of theirs, so, well. . .  Yeah, that doesn't mean much, I guess, just wanted to brag a little.

But. . .  there doesn't need to be no damn Guns N' Roses greatest hits CD.  Their body of work is too small to begin with.  It'd be like doing "The Best of the Divinyls" or something. . .

And as far as "Sympathy for the Devil" goes, well, if Keith Richards were mortal and dead at the time of it's release, he would have been spinning in his grave. . .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 07:38 AM by Plain ol' Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2004, 08:16 AM »
It'd be like doing "The Best of the Divinyls" or something. . .

Take...   your...   pick.   :-*

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2004, 06:33 PM »
Filler.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2004, 06:37 PM »
Take...   your...   pick.   :-*

You know, Matt, it's posts like these which make me wonder why I even bother posting here at all.

I mean, sh!t, if you're going to show me up and expose me for the moron that I am, fine.

But to link to a bunch of Divinyls albums without even posting a pic of a cover of their big record?  That's criminal.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 06:50 PM by Plain ol' Virex »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2004, 05:50 AM »
But to link to a bunch of Divinyls albums without even posting a pic of a cover of their big record?  That's criminal.

Sorry Plain ol', but that's just their Greatest Hit album.  I thought we were talking about Greatest Hits albums...  Now please try to stay on topic, as this is a Gn'R thread, not a thread about touching yourself.  I believe that one can be found right here.  Thank you.  Carry on.   :-*

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #37 on: February 2, 2004, 12:11 AM »
Sorry Plain ol', but that's just their Greatest Hit album.  I thought we were talking about Greatest Hits albums...  Now please try to stay on topic, as this is a Gn'R thread, not a thread about touching yourself.  I believe that one can be found right here.  Thank you.  Carry on.   :-*

Whatever.

Anyway, according to Pause and Play (which is a great resource for dates for upcoming CDs and music-related DVDs, by the way), the release date for the Velvet Revolver CD is May 18th.  The album is titled "Comrades".

Velvet Revolver, of course, is the spiritual successor to Guns N' Roses, just without the name. . .

And this just in:  Axl still sucks.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #38 on: February 7, 2004, 12:22 PM »
Forgot to post this yesterday, but here it is:

Our hero, W. Axl Rose turned 42 yesterday.

I don't know what's more sad:  The fact that Axl is two years over the hill, or the fact that a 28-year-old man knows what Axl Rose's birthday is.

"You make the call."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2004, 09:39 AM »
Rumor has it the Greatest Hits CD might be coming out in March ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2004, 10:02 AM »

Happy Belated Birthday Axl, I love you too

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2004, 03:46 PM »
That Axl--he is one handsome fella.  Doesn't look a day older than. . .  41.  It's the dreadlocks.

Hear he's doing a free concert tonight, at the California State mental hospital he's incarcerated in. . .

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2004, 03:47 PM »
Psst, I'm Axl Rose

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2004, 09:37 PM »
Psst, I'm Axl Rose

Yeah. . .  all of. . .  ten minutes, was it?

(A lesser man would stick a rolleyes right about here)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2004, 10:48 PM »
Yeah 10 minutes, I was on a pretty weird kick then, I then realized the impersonating a Rock Star bit was already done and done sorta poorly, no need to have it done twice ::)