Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club  (Read 130408 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Welcome to the Jungle Gn'R Fan Club
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Alright then I won't...I would like to hear it someday.  Don't need to right away

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #136 on: July 1, 2004, 03:32 PM »
Gn'R Behind the Music premieres on July 4th at Noon...the official premiere is July 5th

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/behind_the_music/81346/episode.jhtml

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2004, 02:27 PM »
Gn'R Behind the Music premieres on July 4th at Noon...the official premiere is July 5th

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/behind_the_music/81346/episode.jhtml

So. . .  did anybody watch this thing?  And, if so, what did you learn?

I learned that there may have been some alcohol and narcotics abuse going on back in the late '80's.

:-X
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2004, 02:37 PM »
Say it ain't so?!

I got that same feeling watching the Poison and Motley Crue behind the music episodes, but denial kept me from accepting the truth.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2004, 02:39 PM »
I did not see it as I was on Vacation that week.  

I can bet though that this was mentioned

"Fame, glory and millions of fans were there for the members of Guns n' Roses, sadly, it would all come crashing down due to the excesses of drugs and alcohol"

That line is like in every Behind the Music Episode

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Actually, the show had a different perspective on things:

It didn't blame their downfall on booze or drugs (as a lot of the BTM shows are wont to do).  

Rather, it pegged one person as responsible for the break-up of one of the greatest hard rock bands of all time.

Guess who?

That's right.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Rather, it pegged one person as responsible for the break-up of one of the greatest hard rock bands of all time.

Guess who?

Teddy "Zig-Zag" "Big-Bag" Andreas?  That BASTARD!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2004, 02:54 PM »
And although that photo of Axl, rolling his eyes like a valley girl, and wearing his turquoise suit while testifying in court, is probably my favorite photograph of all time, this one is too good to pass up:

Here's Axl, auditioning for the all-new Milli Vanilli reunion tour, as a replacement for either Milli or Vanilli, whichever one killed himself.

Good luck, Axl!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Teddy "Zig-Zag" "Big-Bag" Andreas?  That BASTARD!

You're very close.  

Actually, Teddy was on the show, for a little bit.  He's a bit older now, wiser, more mature--he's grown up.  He now goes by "Theodore 'Big-bag, Zig-zag' Andreadis" instead.

No, he was really on there, but his name was listed as just "Teddy Zig-Zag" (no "Andreadis"), which I thought was funny.  Apparently, his bosses at Denny's are pretty cool, and let him have a ten-minute combination smoke/VH1 interview break during his shift.

Not surprisingly, Slash, Duff, and Matt got the most airtime, and Steven Adler got some, too.  I'd make jokes about Steven Adler's condition--but honestly, it's too sad for even me to make fun of.

And also not surprisingly, Izzy and Axl were nowhere to be found. . .

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2004, 03:25 PM »

Wasn't one of the members of Milli Vanilli batting for the other team?  I'm wondering if that's the one he's trying to replace?????

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2004, 03:31 PM »
Oh, dear Lord.

I don't know what to say.  

This man was my hero and idol for several of my formative years, and it's just. . .  wow.

I may be laughing on the outside, but I'm crying on the inside.

And I think Vanilli was the gay one.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2004, 03:35 PM »

Guess who?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #147 on: August 3, 2004, 10:06 AM »
So last night, I went to a "Buffalo Wild Wings" (restaurant/sports bar-type place).  Got a little sloppy drunk, and decided to take a look at the jukebox.  

"Well, I'll check it out, and see what they have, and if they have anything good, I'm gonna pick some tunes."

So the first couple of pages of CD covers were what you would expect to find at a hot wings eatery in the middle of Oklahoma.  You've got your Eagles Greatest Hits, your Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell, Zeppelin IV, and, of course, some Skynyrd.  Probably some Steve Miller and Jimmy Buffett in there, too.  I don't remember them all.  

But imagine my surprise when I came across Use Your Illusion I.  

Well, that sealed the deal.  So I picked "Drive" by The Cars first, and then "Coma", and then Al Green's "Let's Stay Together".

And "Coma" isn't even my favorite song, but I figured, at around ten minutes long, I'd get a lot more bang for my buck by picking that one instead of some three-or-four-minute number.

(And yeah, "November Rain" is equally as long as "Coma", but that just doesn't translate as well in that type of environment.  You know.)

So, "Drive" comes and goes, and here comes GN'R.  Everything's good for the first few minutes, but about halfway through, right around that slow, quiet part, the the song started skipping!  At first, I thought, well, it's just skipping for a second, just like my own personal copy at home--no big deal.  

But it continued to skip until the very end of the song.  Until Al Green came on.

I didn't get visual proof, as I couldn't see the jukebox, but it's my contention that someone there with special jukebox access sabotaged my selection.  Maybe because it was a ten-minute song, maybe it was because of the questionable language, maybe it was because that song stopped being cool about twelve years ago.  I don't know.

But I do know that I got gypped out of half of one of my three selections, which, at three songs for a dollar, translates out to about 33 cents a song, so half of that would be about 17 cents.

I'm still puzzled about the whole incident--I mean, if you aren't prepared to hear all of the songs on a CD, for whatever reason, then don't put that CD in the jukebox.  

Dickwads.

However, all was not lost:

In their little nationwide satellite trivia game, I came in in 63rd place in the country, which I was quite proud of.

That's all.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #148 on: August 3, 2004, 10:54 AM »
Did you have any wings or was it just libations?  I like their wings there, usually go with the #11 Sauce, #12 doesn't do so well coming out the other side

I had heard rumors of Axl going around to different watering holes and was seen tampering with jukeboxes, weird...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 3, 2004, 11:09 AM »
I had heard rumors of Axl going around to different watering holes and was seen tampering with jukeboxes, weird...

Suddenly this picture makes a lot more sense.

« Last Edit: August 3, 2004, 02:31 PM by Kneel Before Zod »