Author Topic: 'The Hobbit' movie  (Read 105023 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 'The Hobbit' movie
« Reply #405 on: January 5, 2015, 10:31 AM »
Finally saw it this past weekend and loved it. The pacing was great...did not feel like a 2.5 hour movie at all. I think it helped a lot being able to jump right into the action without a long build-up.

Agree with all the comments about the 3D HFR, I always see that version first but the rapid "closed-circuit TV-esque" movement is very distracting, much moreso than the first installment. I look forward to watching this at home on Blu-Ray.

Sad that this is the end of that world...Jackson did an amazing job breathing life into this universe over 6 films.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #406 on: January 5, 2015, 11:23 AM »
"End of the world"?  He could always film the original war that ended with Sauron being a lefty.  That's two more films there, easy.   8)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 5, 2015, 12:03 PM »
Why stop now? Out of those six movies about half of it wasn't in the books anyway. Jackson could make a sequel trilogy about Saurmon escaping and building a new army. Maybe some magical force could awaken? Jackson could even do spin offs based on a character. Who wouldn't want to know what happen to Merry and Pippen when they got home?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours