Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 160966 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #315 on: October 29, 2005, 03:52 AM »
I found $2.12 at one of those Murphy USA stations near a WM. I'm pretty sure that was the price after a WM purchase, though. I avoid that station, so I don't know the rules.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #316 on: October 29, 2005, 04:52 AM »
$2.19 in the PIttsburgh area at the "cheaper" gas places like Sheetz Stores...  I love Sheetz because they've basically been trying to keep things as cheap as possible for a chain...  I've been patronizing them because of that and letting them know that's why I am going there.

There's one station that's sort of between towns and I pass it very often on commutes.  This guy is ALWAYS $.10 - $.15 more per gallon than any other station.  He gouges because he's in EBF and knows he sorta has the locals in that area by the balls.  I wish they'd investigate places like this and hit them with some penalty of some sort.

And I still love Giant Eagle's "Get Go" stations for the fact that you get $$$ off for shopping for groceries there.  They're usually priced competitively anyway, but when you rack up $.10/gallon off with every $50 you spend at the store, you really can get a buttload of cheap gas.  My folks shop there so much and travel so little that they had almost, literally, free gasoline one day.  It was funny, I think they paid $.20 or so a gallon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #317 on: October 29, 2005, 05:55 AM »
I found myself celebrating that gas was "only" 2.77 at the cheap place yesterday.

I immediately realized how stupid that sounded, and cursed myself for having such a short memory.

Until I get $1.60 gas prices back, I am supposed to stay angry.
Got Clones?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 29, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Filled up yesterday at 2.28 a gal.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #319 on: October 29, 2005, 04:29 PM »
It's made it down to the $2.15 range in the KC area the last couple of days.  I was ecstatic to fill up on only $31 and some change.   ::)

John

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2005, 03:40 AM »
$1.89 is my hoped for mark...  Be nice if this became average again.  $1.60 is asking for just too much from the oil bastards Josh. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2005, 04:25 AM »
We're still rockin' it at about $2.70 in CO. It cost me $46 to fill my damn tank. >:(

I remember thinking $1.60 was really high. I really wish it would drop back down to at least that.
"This is the way."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #322 on: February 23, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Thank goodness for a warmer than average winter...  seems like without the "heating/fuel oil" excuse, gas has stayed "low" for a while.

Over the last month or so, the highest it's gone is around $2.20 averaging closer to $2.07 per gallon.

Not great, but not nearly as bad as some were predicting back in October/November.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 23, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Same here.

But what still makes me mad is how all-of-a-sudden paying more than $2.00 is OK.  When prices rose to $2.50 or $2.75, everyone gets angry, including Washington, DC.

Now, the Oil Companies say we should all be happy that the price went down $.50+.  I'm afraid we will never go below $2.00/gallon ever again.  The "market" will just give another excuse as to why prices need to remain high, even though this winter has been warm. 

Get ready to hear the "heavy gas demand" for spring & summer months as all of us drive across the country on our vacations.  ::)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 23, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Get ready to hear the "heavy gas demand" for spring & summer months as all of us drive across the country on our vacations.  ::)

Yeah, considering years ago the world population made that many more babies, and that many more kids will be getting their DL's this year, and THAT demand will be higher yet ::)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 23, 2006, 03:36 PM »

I'm afraid we will never go below $2.00/gallon ever again. 

Kinda sort of.

$1.98 here in Iowa - but that's at one of those Wal-Mart affiliated gas stations.  And yes, that's before the $.05 gift card discount.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2006, 04:18 PM »
I heard yesterday morning with several Mobile workers (I think it was Mobile) being held hostage in Nigeria, that production there is down 20% and that may cause a price spike here.

Seriously, get the price down.  The 3 main oil companies are reporting record profits while production and usage remain the same.  What's the ******* deal?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 23, 2006, 05:03 PM »
There's nothing about that on any of the wires that I could find with a quick search.  And even if that were true - 20 people being held hostage causing a price spike would be just as big a pile of B.S. as all the previous reasons given for price spikes.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 23, 2006, 05:13 PM »
I heard it rained in Velenzuela.  That forced production down 50%.  Prepare for a price hike.  :o

;)
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 23, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Funny how we had hike after hike after hike all the way up to about $3.30 a gallon, then all the sudden the Senate starts having Oil Executives testify in Congressional hearings and gas dropped to about $1.99 within about 3 weeks.  Of course, it's steadily gone up since then, but the hearings have stopped too.  The whole thing reeks of BS.