Author Topic: Your commute... How bad does it suck?  (Read 8763 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Your commute... How bad does it suck?
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2007, 08:02 AM »
My commute would be better if my ******* car would cooperate >:(

Could be worse - you could be Canadian!  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11 AM »
My commute would be better if my ******* car would cooperate >:(

I got in an accident back in January.  Finally get to the day before it goes to get repairs and the power steering goes out.  ****.  It takes them two ******* weeks of dawdling to get the damn thing back to me.  ****.  I get it, looks great, steers great but an engine light warning is on.  Roll over to the oil change shop (it was due the day of the accident) have them look around, nada.  Take it back to the repair shop, the ECU reads manifold.  ****.

Driving next day, it's feeling like it's going to stall out.  ****.  Into the shop, they check it, can't find what's wrong but recommend full service with new plugs, cap, etc.  Fine, whatever.

Drive to work today, get there fine aside from the ******* snow trying to pull me off the road.  Go to go home, car won't start.  ****.  Lots of juice in the battery (though I confess I'm due for a new one), even hooked it up to boost it, no start.  ****.  Starter or Alternator.  ****.  I'm guessing the latter because of the stalling out.  ****.  Into the shop tomorrow.  ****.

Deductible and repairs for power steering: $500 (ok, a shade under)
Full service and check up for problem: $500 (makes up here cuz a shade over)
Tomorrow, alternator (probably) and might as well get the ******* battery: $500

****.  ****.  And **** me.   >:(

Oh, and it's still ******* snowing.

When it rains, it pours.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:12 AM by ruiner »

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2007, 06:31 PM »
I'm about 5 or 6 minutes away - on foot!

it seems like i have seen you mention before that you work in downtown dallas.  does your GF work with you there?  downtown dallas seems like it would be a bitch to get out of in the mornings.