Author Topic: Need complete list of all SW games for PC...  (Read 3599 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Need complete list of all SW games for PC...
« on: September 3, 2003, 06:35 PM »
Due to the continuous downslide of my computer over the last several years (and the fact that I never picked up a 3D card), I've woefully fallen behind in my SW video games for the PC that I had been keeping up with religiously the first few years...  Therefore, I was wondering if anyone had, or knew of, a comprehensive listing of all Star Wars video games released in the PC format, including the smaller add-on's like Mysteries of the Sith, and such.

I guess I'd also be interested to know which SW games that have been released for any of the various gaming consoles, were never released for the PC (like Masters of Teras Kasi - or whatever that fighting game was called)...

So if anyone could help me out, I'd be much obliged...   :-*

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Need complete list of all SW games for PC...
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2003, 08:46 PM »
GAMES FOR PC:

Dark Forces
Dark Forces II
Force Commander
Galactic Battlegrounds (and Clone Campaign expansion pack)
Galaxies
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
Knights of the Old Republic
The Phantom Menace
Rebellion
Rogue Squadron

If I'm missing any, please add to the list.

dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 4, 2003, 04:42 PM »
Oh Matt, you shoulda come to me for this.  The games are what I live for. :)

Alright, here we go (I'll try breaking this junk up for you).

PC Flight Sims:

X-Wing
TIE Fighter
X-Wing Vs. TIE FIghter
X-Wing: Alliance

PC Strategy:

Rebellion
Force Commander
Galactic Battlegrounds
Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns

PC First Person Shoothers (Doom-type games):

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2, technically)
Mysteries of the Sith (Expansion to Jedi Knight)
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy (Soon to be released)
Republic Commando (Soon to be Released)

PC Role Playing Games:

Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG
Knights of the Old Republic

PC Miscellaneous:

Yoda Stories (I think that's its name)
Rogue Squadron (Like a Flight Simulator, but different...  Action/Flyer is the genre and I prefer it on a console myself)
Rebel Assault I
Rebel Assault II

Console Exclusives:

Obi-Wan (X-Box FPS)
Episode One Racer (N64 Racing Game)
Racer's Revenge? (I forget the name exactly and think it's a PS2 exclusive?)
Super Bombad Racer?  (Like Mario Kart, racing/fighting game,  not sure which console now)
Masters of Teras Kasai (Fighting PS2 I think)
Starfighter (PS2 Action/Flying like Rogue Squadron)
Jedi Starfighter (PS2 Action/Flying)
Shadows of the Empire (N64 Action/shooter/flight)

Rogue Squadron (N64...  Better than PC version)
Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader (Gamecube)
Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike (Gamecube)

Bounty Hunter (Gamecube and PS2)

Clone Wars (Gamecube and PS2)

OK, I tried to break that up some for you so it's easier to follow...

To me, these games are the MUST buys...

-X-Wing series (All of the Flight sims except X-Wing Vs. TIE are great games).  Great games, but find the Win. 95 versions of the earlier games for them to work properly.

-ALL of the First Person Shooters...  From Dark Forces to Jedi Academy, they're all great and they all have modding communities that have made free downloadable levels to play that many are superior to Lucasarts levels even.  Dark Forces needs a Win 95 version to work properly so keep your eyes open for that.  These are AWESOME games though (except Republic Commando which nobody has a clue about, but Academy's already getting great reviews).

-Bounty Hunter...  I played the Gamecube version and it has been the best game I've played this year.  

-ROgue Squadron series...  They're great, though I prefer them on console.  I only got the PC version to get screen captures of a rebel hovertank that I need for customizing purposes.  They're awesome though.

-Force COmmander...  I sometimes feel alone here, but this game is GREAT for a strategy game.  I'd suggest getting Galactic Battlegrounds too because it has its merits, but for realism, 3-D graphics, and true "Strategy" GB sucks.  Force Commander was an all-new game with a complete storyline that's quite compelling and tied together with large cinematic cutscenes.  Galactic Battlegrounds is an old strategy game engine using Star Wars characters in place of the AOE engine characters.  TO me it was a disappointment when the rest of the strategy gaming world is advancing to 3-D terrain maps and more personalized combat for realistic strategy.  

Basically I think Galactic Battlegrounds sucks honestly, and is an old game on an old (but proven) engine.  Force Commander was new, interesting, complex, and visually entertaining on top of being a well done game.  

The rest of the games, for the most part, I have played...  On that list actually I've only NOT played the fighting game and the latter 2 racing games (I have the original racer on N64 though, and it's less than interesting personally).

If you wanna talk games sometime you're free Matt, look me up!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2003, 04:45 PM »
Oh, and I didn't list OLD OLD OLD games though...

Stuff like the SNES Trilogy, NES Trilogy, the Arcaded trilogy, the original arcade game...

That's all old school, but it can be emulated on PC for the most part (Not the new arcade trilogy though).

I've not personally figured out HOW to emulate them on PC but I want to emulate the Super Star Wars Trilogy from the SNES...  Those freaking games are great! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: September 4, 2003, 04:59 PM »
Oh Matt, you shoulda come to me for this.  The games are what I live for. :)

I did come to you Jesse!  You think I thought you wouldn't see this post here?  I was just wondering what took you so long to get me my answers?!  My question has been up for over a day now!   ::)   ;D

Anyways, thanks for the list J (and Chris)!  Now I've got to go through the thousands of unpacked boxes at our new house to figure out what the hell games I even have at this point...   :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2003, 01:52 AM »
D'oh...

See how often I am in here? :)  Wednesday/Thursday and Sunday/Monday are gonna be rough though with school in and all.  I don't think I did much forum-ing last night at all as I recall...  Passed right out, haha.

Sorry I missed this...  ANyway, you've got a start for the games you wanna try, but remember you need the newest versions of the REALLY old PC games.

Namely, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and Dark Forces which were all originally on floppy disk!  Yikes, my first games ever!

I got the X-Wing Trilogy (A boxed set) not long ago to replace my old X-Wing games so I could play them...  Well worth it.  I have yet to get a Dark Forces 95, not even sure if it exists.  I can get my DOS version to work th ough so I'm ok with that if I wanna mess with it.  Great story.

Which games haven't you played before?