Author Topic: Family Guy toys  (Read 7997 times)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Family Guy toys
« Reply #15 on: October 6, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Well, this makes 2 series that i'm behind now. Maybe Santa will be good to me this Xmas.  ;D  I think i'm going to skip the Sexy Party Stewie, it's lame IMO but the Bertram/Stewie set is a must for me. The inclusion of the ships is really sweet.  I also am really stoked that they made Seamus. That's been one of my most wanted characters since the beginning of the line...

Also, later this year the official Family guy video game comes out for all consoles. Here's a description of it:

"In the game, you take control of Peter, Stewie, and Brian, each with unique objectives. As Stewie, you match wits against your equally diabolical brother Bertram as you vie to take over the world. Peter's quest is to tear through Quahog gobbling up all the food in hopes of defeating Mr. Belvedere. And as Brian, after being wrongly arrested for impregnating Seabreeze, you must go and find the real culprit and clear your name. As the game progresses and stories overlap, you switch from character to character.
According to the developers, the actual gameplay involves combat (you know Peter's going to end up fighting the giant chicken at some point), stealth (Brian sneaking out of prison, no doubt), and puzzle-solving gameplay (one can only wonder). Interestingly, you'll also be able to play out the random, non-sequitur sequences that have become so common in the show."

Friggin' sweeeeet....

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 7, 2006, 05:57 PM »
I love the show, not intrested in the toys though.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Anybody at all buying these?  Series 7 showed up and seeing as Series 8 is down to just four figures, I'm guessing this line is all but done.  I'm wishing I'd snagged a couple of the box sets when Tower Records was clearing them out, but did bother at the time :-\

Series 7 looks nice though with Young Death (& dog), commando Stewie and hot Lois.  Have to figure out if my comic shop brought them in, otherwise I'll get them elsewhere.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 05:49 PM »
My girlfriend stopped buying these around the 4th wave. They were cool figures but lost their appeal quick.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 07:34 PM »
Yeah, I can see that.  Some characters I thought were awfully weak came out in series 3/4/5.  Six was awesome for me and seven is about half good.  But the end is near...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 12:26 AM »
No love for Family Guy/Mezco at Toyfair?  I thought they'd squeeze out some Blue Harvest stuff, but maybe don't have those licensing rights?  Conflict with Hasbro?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 12:37 AM »
All I see are those wobbly things.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 09:04 AM »
I didnt notice anything new at the mezco booth for family guy.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 12:18 PM »
Looks like there might be another to the left in the photo Dale posted.  I'm not so keen on wacky wobblers/bobble heads :-\  I'm sort of surprised that nothing has come of this.  I know the line isn't really selling all that well over the last few series' and I understand why - the character selection is rather limited at best.  But I had thought this would breathe new life into the line for a short period and that they'd at least do a series of the major characters.

They could have easily skipped Meg and just done Stewie, Peter, Brian, Lois, Quagmire, Cleveland and the creepy old dude.  The series have usually been around 6-8 figures, so that was a perfect fit for a single wave. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 12:53 AM »
Looks like there might be another to the left in the photo Dale posted. 

Brent, I think it must be the Chewbrian. IIRC the only three of these that have been annouced are Quagmire, Stewie, and Brian.

EDIT: Upon looking at that first image closer there is one packaged Brian next to the two Quagmires. Perhaps there is another new one then?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:54 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 09:46 PM »
I didnt notice anything new at the mezco booth for family guy.

Nope, nothing new.  We confirmed with Mezco that the line is done.  There will be a "best of" series/multipack released, but there will be no new figures. 

John

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Ouch.  Thanks for the clarification John, it means my collection is complete.  Obviously I'd been hoping for the Blue Harvest toys, but not going to happen.