Author Topic: Buffy figures from MAC, DST, Palisades, and Sideshow  (Read 43752 times)

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Buffy figures from MAC, DST, Palisades, and Sideshow
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2007, 02:49 AM »
Sideshow 12" line "on hold"

Damn. That sucks. I was just getting into the line too. I've got the Exclusive versions of Cordy and Lorne, and I also have Vampire Spike and the second chance Angel. I do have a preorder on Giles too. What is the deal with him? Is he going to be canceled as well or do they still plan on releasing him in April?

At least it is only on hold as opposed to being cancelled. This should give me some time to start picking up some of the older ones. BTW, if anyone has a Sideshow Buffy Summers (The red coat one) for sale, I'd be interested.
"This is the way."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2007, 02:12 AM »
I hope Giles becomes available. I have the rest of the Scoobies, and I'd like to get this one. Well, I don't have Cordy, but the one they made was from Angel anyway, so it doesn't quite count.

My LCS had a red coat Sideshow Buffy up until recently. I'll go there next week and see if it's there, or I'll ask about it. It was $45, IIRC. It might not be there anymore, so I wouldn't get your hopes up or anything. But I will check it out for you.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2007, 05:31 AM »
Awesome, Thanks! :)
"This is the way."

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #198 on: April 7, 2007, 05:20 PM »
It looks like Sideshow Giles has been bumped back to May... Which means I might have to cancel my order, since May will be hard enough on on the wallet as is, what with Celebration IV and all. :-\
"This is the way."

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2007, 02:19 PM »
I hope Giles becomes available. I have the rest of the Scoobies, and I'd like to get this one. Well, I don't have Cordy, but the one they made was from Angel anyway, so it doesn't quite count.

My LCS had a red coat Sideshow Buffy up until recently. I'll go there next week and see if it's there, or I'll ask about it. It was $45, IIRC. It might not be there anymore, so I wouldn't get your hopes up or anything. But I will check it out for you.  :)

Sideshow sent out an email stating that Giles Should be in the warehouse within 15 days and then they will start shipping him out. I'm glad that he isn't cancelled. The more I think about it the more bummed out I am about the line being on-hold. I really would have liked to have added a Gunn, Wesley, Fred, and Doyle to my Angel figures.

Did anyone go for the 'new' Lounge Lorne? I passed on it considereding it is the same exact figure only he has a blue suit. Maybe if C4 wasn't coming up I'd have picked him up, but shelling out another $45 for a figure I just bought isn't too appealing.
"This is the way."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2007, 01:58 AM »
That's good news about Giles. I was hoping he'd make the cut, and now that I know he has, I'll try to get one.

I might spring for Lorne, since he was one of my favorite characters from the series, but like you said, there's not much point if the rest of the characters aren't going to make it. I didn't get Cordy either, so I might pass on that totally and just get Giles.

Oh yeah, I checked my local comic shop for that Buffy, and it wasn't there and the dude I talked to wasn't sure if they ebayed it or not. Sorry about the bad news.  :(

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #201 on: May 1, 2007, 04:54 AM »
That's good news about Giles. I was hoping he'd make the cut, and now that I know he has, I'll try to get one.

I might spring for Lorne, since he was one of my favorite characters from the series, but like you said, there's not much point if the rest of the characters aren't going to make it. I didn't get Cordy either, so I might pass on that totally and just get Giles.

Oh yeah, I checked my local comic shop for that Buffy, and it wasn't there and the dude I talked to wasn't sure if they ebayed it or not. Sorry about the bad news.  :(

No worries on Buffy. I'll find her at some point. Giles should be shipping in 3-5 days and Sideshow is now pre-authorizign credit cards. :)
"This is the way."

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2007, 05:22 AM »
Don't know if I'll be able to resist this one...  :o

That is a fantastic likeness to David Boreanaz. I don't own any Premium formats yet, but I may just have to bite the bullet and go for this one. I'm almost caught up on my Sideshow Buffy/Angel 12" now. All I really need still is the Graduation Day Buffy, human version of Spike, and an Orgins Angel. The PF Angel would sure make an excellent centerpiece for all of my Scoobies.

I really hope the at least finish off the rest of the main characters at some point. I really want Gunn, Fred, Wesley, Doyle, Anya, and a Dawn.
"This is the way."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2007, 01:16 AM »
Man, am I glad I never started buying those PF things. I'd be broke, living in the boxes they came in.

But that Angel looks great.

I read a review of the next Deluxe wave of 6" figures on Michael Crawford's site. Looks like our superposeable Willows are on their way. I gotta find a preorder for the White Witch variant.  :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Buffy Palz Checklist?
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Hey guys, I just started looking into the Buffy Palz line.  Is there a list posted of what was released?  I didn't see one and I'd like to get the complete line.  Any help you can lend would be appreciated.  Thanks.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2007, 12:12 AM »
DST Buffy: Dead

Aw. I wanted the Judge and Principal Wood.  :'(

But, at least they got the Deluxe Willow wave out before the end. DST still had a great run, but I think what killed it was too much reliance on human/vamp characters and almost nothing for demons. Seriously, why did we not get an Adam or something? Then they missed obvious characters like Gunn and Riley.

Now I suppose I actually better get my hands on those Willows before they're all gone.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #206 on: October 25, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Don't know if I'll be able to resist this one...  :o

That is a fantastic likeness to David Boreanaz. I don't own any Premium formats yet, but I may just have to bite the bullet and go for this one. I'm almost caught up on my Sideshow Buffy/Angel 12" now. All I really need still is the Graduation Day Buffy, human version of Spike, and an Orgins Angel. The PF Angel would sure make an excellent centerpiece for all of my Scoobies.

I really hope the at least finish off the rest of the main characters at some point. I really want Gunn, Fred, Wesley, Doyle, Anya, and a Dawn.

Well, I caved. The credit card will be charged tomorrow for Angel. Now I'll have to find a place to put him...

I've since filled out my 12" Sideshow Collection quite a bit too. I upgraded my 'City Of...' Angel to the Exclusive version and I've added a Graduation Day Buffy, SDCC Werewolf Oz, and The Master. I'm still hoping that they finish off all the series regulars at some point. With the comics out now it seems like now would be a great time to do them, but what do I know?
"This is the way."

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #207 on: February 4, 2008, 05:38 AM »
I've now had the Angel for a few months and I must say it may just be my favorite piece in my entire collection. The likeness is absolutely perfect. The pictures online hardly can do it justice. Just yesterday I ended up getting Angel a buddy. I won a PF Spike (non-exclusive unfortunately) on eBay for half of what it sells for on Sideshow's site. I couldn't believe it. And I witnesses something I personally had never seen before, I tied someone on my max bet. I was the very first bidder, back when it was only $0.99. Someone else also put a max bid of $120 in, and since I had the same thing but bid first I got it since I bid first. He could have bid $1 higher and he would have won. I thought February would be a cheap month... :-X

As far as the regular 12" Sideshows go I'm still looking to add a Human Spike, Drusilla, and a Darla at some point. Though to be honest I'd be happy with just the Spike. I've seen three in the last few weeks go for more than the PF I just bought. So it may be awhile on that one though... ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 4, 2008, 12:58 PM »
I hear you on the 12" human Spike frustration. There was one that sat at my local comic shop literally for a year. When it all of a sudden went up in price, it disappeared.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #209 on: February 5, 2008, 08:55 AM »
I hear you on the 12" human Spike frustration. There was one that sat at my local comic shop literally for a year. When it all of a sudden went up in price, it disappeared.

No kidding...

$400.00 Spike anyone...?  :o   ::)

Wait! Another from the same seller for only $175.00!   ::)

When did this all start? Just a few weeks ago it was rare to see them go for more than $100. Spike was about the most expensive figure, right up there with Graduation Day Buffy, but it was nothing like this. I'd love to see Sideshow offer up a second chance on this figure. It sure seems as if there would be enough demand for it.
"This is the way."