Author Topic: New Hoth 4-pack!  (Read 15841 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: New Hoth 4-pack!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2003, 05:17 PM »
I went to TRU looking for the Hoth pack... no such luck... I'll be looking for that thing, it's awesome - great selection of figures considering the only one Ive got is the Chewie.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hoth 4-pack Leia paint error?
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2003, 05:37 PM »
I just picked this up a few minutes ago.  After opening, I noticed that the Leia had two different painted arms.  Anyone else have one like this?  

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2003, 05:39 PM »
For those of you that have not opened and are planning.  Be careful with the Tauntaun intestines.  They are very soft and are attached to a plastic band.  I ended up tearing mine, not realizing how tight the band was attached.   >:(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Hoth 4-pack Leia paint error?
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2003, 07:41 PM »
I just picked this up a few minutes ago.  After opening, I noticed that the Leia had two different painted arms.  Anyone else have one like this?  

I guess mine IS that way!  I thought it was just the lighting in the picture I took of it, but they are colored differently.

As far as Leia's face/hand color goes... I think it sucks!  The rest of her looks pretty good though.
dustrho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Hoth 4-pack Leia paint error?
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2003, 08:52 PM »

I guess mine IS that way!  I thought it was just the lighting in the picture I took of it, but they are colored differently.

As far as Leia's face/hand color goes... I think it sucks!  The rest of her looks pretty good though.

HAHAHA!!! Told you so! :-*

*Ahem*

Actually, you could probably just paint over all of the cruddy parts. I have a feeling that's what all the customizers are going to do. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2003, 10:36 PM »
I just picked up the Hoth 4 pack.   8)  Yep, she has different color arms. 1 white & 1 kinda a white/biege color.   ???
Pricey up here. There $34.99 CDN so thats $25.64 US!  :o A big difference of the $19.99 US = $14.65 US!  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2003, 03:12 AM »
Has anyone found this Hoth pack with the Taun Taun with an unbroken horn?
A picture of it can be seen over at RS.

Tauntaun With Unbroken Horn Found In France

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2003, 10:19 AM »
I have picked up a total of two of these... one for me and one for a good buddy of mine.  Neither one of them have an unbroken horn.   :(
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2003, 02:17 AM »
I have picked up a total of two of these... one for me and one for a good buddy of mine.  Neither one of them have an unbroken horn.   :(

So you're saying BOTH of yours came with the broken horn version of the Tauntaun Chris?  That was how the original (early prototype) pictures appeared, but it looks like Hasbro fixed the mistake and is now shipping the correct (Han's) full horned Tauntaun.  GH mentioned this, and made it sound like they might all be this way.  Now I'm very curious to see if both of the horn variations are showing up at retail...

What has everyone else found so far?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2003, 02:16 PM »
I found the Hoth set yesterday and picked it up.  My Tauntaun came with a broken horn (Luke's Tauntaun).  I was a little disappointed with the split-belly feature, being that the plastic is kinda hard and closes up to its original position right away.  It's hard to fit a figure in the belly, let alone the delicate guts.  The Leia fig sucks, but the others are alright (especially the droid).  It's definitely the best set out of the three (versus Imperial Forces & Bounty Hunters).    
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2003, 02:19 PM »
Matt, both of my Hoth 4-packs have the broken horn on them.  I thought that was the normal version, with the full horn being the variation.

It's a shame how pitiful the Leia figure is... two different colored arms and the ultra-tanned face/hands.  It's a shame and embarassment on Hasbro's part.  Everything else in the set is pretty cool though.
dustrho

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2003, 02:24 PM »
Mine has the broken horn.  The 10 at my local TRU are as well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2003, 04:10 PM »
Mine also has a Broken horn, I'm not going to buy another one either, great set for the money :-*

I agree with FG on the belly feature, could have been softer to recreate the scene better but not a huge deal

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2003, 04:22 PM »
The one I got today from Amazon.com has the broken horn.  Cool set though and my Leia isn't too bad.  I guess I got a better paint job than others.

Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2003, 04:25 PM »
I also got my set from Amazon yesterday, and my Tauntaun had the broken horn as well.  This is the only one of these packs I've picked up so far, but I think it is worth the money.  I didn't have a Tauntaun in my collection, so that was enough for me, and the figures are pretty good too.  My Leia doesn't look too bad either, paint doesn't seem to be too bad at least.