Author Topic: Jedi Master Points Auctions LIVE!  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jedi Master Points Auctions LIVE!
« Reply #30 on: October 2, 2003, 12:42 AM »
Yeah I've seen a few responses around the net saying how bad this makes collectors look, how about the morons at Hasbro that didn't figure this would happen

I realize this whole thing is a HUGE undertaking, even the thought of sending in points ahead of time makes me shudder...

The Simpsons line is currently running promotions where you buy four figures and spend $5 and you get a promo...

Why not do that?  They have sold Kabe/Muftak, Oola and B'omarr Monk in the past so don't give me no BS They don't sell figures line...

Stooooopid

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 2, 2003, 08:30 AM »
You know, all they really had to do was have the consumers send in their points and award them a gift certificate towards Hasbro Star Wars toys based on the number of points sent in.  That way, you 'd get something free and it would be something you want.
I mean, this auction is costing them money anyways so why not go this route??  

It's too bad there are those that feel the need to ruin the auction for many that are truly trying to bid on something they'd like.  
Beth

SilverZ

« Reply #32 on: October 2, 2003, 03:38 PM »
I hate to harp on this whole thing, but its so dumb that I just can't get over it. What I think is bothering me so much is that there is no insurance of a level playing field. How is Hasbro checking for counterfit points? They obviously should, if auctions are going to end in the 50,000+ range. I just have a nagging notion that honest collectors are going to be burned by this, and Hasbro's going to have gone through a lot of time, trouble, and effort to appease us, only for it to be botched by a dodgy execution and a few dishonest or malicious collectors. Its bad all around.

Are the winners going to ship off their 70,000 point winning bid in a shoebox to Hasbro? I can imagine the person on the other end, saying, 'Ok, thats 10 points, plus 20 points, plus, oh wow a Royal Starship! That's 150 points, 10 points... Bah, screw it, this looks like enough to me. Mail out the Sacul to Bobby Joe, its a-ok!'

The auctions also bring up a question:

You mean the 2nd Cantina exclusives made it as far as packaged samples? Or is this a final production unit? Either way... wtf?

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #33 on: October 3, 2003, 11:13 AM »
This is horable I thought I had alot of JM Points,  My god  45k on some auctions I'll never get anything for my points I have saved with this kind of BS. What the hell was Hasbro thinking.  Heh, who in there right mind would bid that much for a Figure bottom line it's not worth it, why can't they just do what Kenner did back in the 70's and 80's geezz it makes it much more worth saving the points.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2003, 11:18 AM by Valtar »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 4, 2003, 03:17 PM »

You mean the 2nd Cantina exclusives made it as far as packaged samples? Or is this a final production unit? Either way... wtf?

I heard that some quantities had been produced and are in a warehouse somewhere in Asia collecting dust.  Even if it was a minimal run, at least they could of been offered through the Fanclub.  

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 8, 2003, 02:44 PM »
Looks like Hasbro's starting to weed out the bogus JMP bids now, since they've dropped substantially.  Granted they're still all out of the range of 99% of the collectors out there.  So where does Hasbro leave the bad feedback for non-"paying" bidders?  :P

Should be interesting to see what the next round of items will be.

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: October 9, 2003, 02:12 PM »
New auctions are up, 4 total again.

Wait, I'm not even going to comment on this anymore.  :-\