Author Topic: Geonosian Starfighter  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Geonosian Starfighter
« on: September 15, 2003, 12:40 PM »
MSRP: $19.99 at Target where I purchased this toy.

Description on box: A lean, needle-nosed fighter-craft with a distinct alien heritage, the starfighters of the Geonosians are small, compact vessels of great speed and superior agility. A single Geonosian Pilot sits within the cramped cockpit and peers out of a bubble canopy that allows a 360' field of vision. Cradled within the forward needles of the ship is a turrent-mounted laser cannon. During the Clone Wars, the fighters were modified to increase their firepower, be adding two proton torpedoes in the side launchers.

Features: Exclusive Geonosian Pilot with Life Support Mask.
Two-stage spring-open launchers fire missiles.
Opening canopy with cockpit that holds the Geonosina Pilot very well.
Central Cannon fires missile

Quality: This ship in my opinion is very well made. It is made out of sturdy plastic except for the front points of the ship which are made out of heavy rubber.  Due to safety reasons!!
The buttons for the features work well.
The Pilot fits in the cockpit very well and the hose on his mask attached to the cockpit controls.

Play Value: Three firing missiles and opening launcers. A simple toy but for kids lots of fun. It shoots!!

For those who like to open a ship for display this is a good one to pick up since it comes with the figure.

Overall Rating: Though I hate the design of this ship (not Star Warsy to me) it is a welcomed addition to my ever growing Star Wars Collection (for the figure). But for what this ship is worth I will have to give this toy the rating of an A. Hasbro did really well on this toy.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Geonosian Starfighter
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 02:21 PM »
I can't wait to see this in stores.  Glad to hear that you (David) gave it a better rating than the Hailfire Droid.   :P
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Geonosian Starfighter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 07:58 PM »
My Review...

The Geonosian Fighter, with it's sleek body, is one of the vehicles the Geonosians used during the Clone Wars.  What can I say about the vehicle itself?  It's a very original design that has never been done in any science fiction genre.  It has side missile launchers that are hidden inside the body of the ship, and after pressing a button the side panels open up with the missiles firing away.  Very cool feature!  The included Geonosian Fighter Pilot is very well sculpted, and the details are outstanding.  He comes with an attached gas mask and hose, which then attaches into the dashboard of the ship.  Something I thought was very cool about this figure is that his head and torso come off easily, giving more flexibility to the figure.  That's something I'd love to see in all Star Wars figures.

Check out the pictures here.
dustrho