Author Topic: How Goes the Hunt?  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
How Goes the Hunt?
« on: September 15, 2003, 04:08 PM »
Just curious how everyone's Star Wars hunts have been going lately.  It seems like there have been a few more reports here and there of people finding newer (or at least 2003) stuff in stores lately, as well as some things being offered online (specifically Amazon.com).  What have you been able to find lately (if anything)?  Personally, this is what has been showing up around here as of late:

I saw my first 2003 figures near me the other day, seeing the research droids, DF Padme, and a repackaged KE Jango.  I didn't get any of them, already had the Padme from Kebco.  Also, found the Clone Wars 3-packs at a Target, picked up the blue clone one.  My brother (who lives about an hour away) found WA-7, repacked Vader, Emperor, Dannl Faytonni, Coleman Trebor, and Wat Tambor for me, which I was pretty happy about.  I also got notification that my Battle of Hoth has shipped from Amazon.com.  Otherwise, I personally haven't seen a whole lot of new product, but a few things are trickling here and there...or at least within a couple of hours I guess.  I have also seen many of the Clone Wars ships (Gunship, Jedi Starfighter, AAT).  Still waiting on preorders through Kebco for Hoth Han (the figure I probably want the most from this year), Mynock Chewie, Yoda/Chian, Ashla/Jempa, TR Luke and Vader, and the Snowtrooper.  Hopefully they will get their shipment in soon.  I've also considered preordering Aayla and Barriss, since they have them up again, although I'm currently holding out hope that I can get them for retail (yeah right).  Anyways...how are things going for you?  I hope you are all finding what you are looking for.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: How Goes the Hunt?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 04:32 PM »
In the past few weeks I have found some Clone Wars items at Toys R Us and Target - a couple blue clonetrooper 3 packs, lots of droid launcher, a Jedi Starfighter, and AAT.  

Saga - I have only been able to find the 1st Screen Scenes.  Not many of them either but I did find them.  I found both at Toys R Us but in towns 50 miles apart from each other.  I just happened to be in another town this weekend and found 1 screen scene there.  
Also at Target I found 4 Han Hoths and 5 Anakin Secret Ceremonies
Back at Toys R Us I found the 12inch Lando, AT-ST Driver, and Han Solo (which was a horrible likeness of Harrison Ford - I mean really poor).  

That's been about it.  Obviously I have just missed out on some other figures I'd assume.  So, lately it's a smidgen better.  I have not bought all the things I found.  In fact only a couple items.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 04:36 PM »
With the exception of two Value Packs I am all caught up and preordered through the following figures...

Emperor (Newforce)
Faytonni (Newforce)
WA-7 (Newforce)
Darth Vader (ANH) (Newforce)
Luke Skywalker (ANH) (Newforce)
Obi-Wan Nightclub (Kebco)
Elan Sleazebaggano (Kebco)
Ayy Vida (Kebco)
Faytonni (again EE)
Ahk-Med Beq (EE)
McQuarrie Stormtrooper (EE)
Tatooine Padme (EE)
Imperial Dignitary #1 (EE)
Imperial Dignitary #2 (EE)
Bail Organa (EE)
Hoth Luke (EE)
R-3PO (EE)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (EE)

How's that for one stop shopping :-*

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 04:40 PM »
With the enormous help from my wife (Carrie aka carebear) we have found a lot of newer Saga figures.  I'm not completely caught up, but I'm not a completist anymore.  I'm only going after figures that I really want.  The stores have been pretty generous lately, but it's taken a lot of patience trying to find these new figures.

Now I just hope we have as much luck finding Clone Wars figures.
dustrho

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 05:25 PM »
Things are much better now. I actually found the "definitive" Tusken Raider and Lama Su last week. Older Saga items are finally hitting the shelves and Clone Wars stuph is showing up kind of regularly.

And next week I'm going to Disney World!   ;D
Post sober.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 05:49 PM »
Well..if my interent orders go through, I'm doing OK.  Lucky for me I have had help from fellow fourm members or I'd be really behind.  I don't get why some stores (ie; Walmart, Target) have product up the wazoo and others (like all of the ones in the U.P.) have barely anything.   I did score at a Wally World (finally) up here just this last week but I pretty much wiped them out and follow-up visits have resulted in empty pegs.

I doubt if I'll see the clone war two-packs nor the screen scenes (this is were online ordering helps).  I guess it could be worse, I could live in Canada  ;D ;) :). (just joshin' you canucks).
Beth

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 06:43 AM »
So far the only new items I've managed to get are the Ultimate Bounty pack, Secret Ceremony Anakin, Droid Factory Flight R2, Hoth Rescue Han, Mynock Hunt Chewie. TRU is going to call me when they get in the Hoth 4 pack and as soon as my CC payment goes through I'm ordering Barris Offee and Aayla Secura if Legends still has them in stock.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 04:07 PM »
Do any of you ever see Unleashed in the stores?  The last time I saw one was the Mace Windu but that has been long, long ago in another time far away.  If I do find anything it's in small quanities except for the Droid Launchers.  Those will be with us forever.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 08:00 PM »
I had an interesting weekend on the hunt.

Saturday I was able to score Wave 2 of the Screen Scenes thanks to some nice work by my mom  :P

Sunday I went out and about and visited 8 stores and only had luck at 2, though at almost every store I found something new:
- Target #1: 2 Cases of 4/23 figures were put out for some unknown reason. They also had 3 CW Gunships
- TRU #1: The newest thing was the Bounty Hunter 4-pack though I got that a month ago. Interesting to see a dozen POTJ BoSheks on the pegs while seeing NO Saga carded figures at all
- Wal-Mart #1: They had a couple of cases of the wave that included Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie. They also had tons of Ephant Mon wave figures sans the Ephant Mons of course.
- Target #2: 3 total figures, the recarded Tatooine Luke, musta just missed the Lt. Faytonni figs, D'oh! along with the rotj luke and vader.
- TRU #2: 4 Hoth 4-packs, woo hoo, first score! Found out later in the day afteR I opened the pack that they fixed the broken horn Tauntaun :( This TRU also had about 15 CW Droideka sets with the guy working in that section sayign they were unlikley to order more CW 3-packs until those moved which he knows wont happen cause no one wants them.
- Target #3: Scored the black hair variant RFT, had some other figs from that case, but no Imperial Officers :(
- Walmart #2: They had a couple red hair RFTs and the ugly acklay battle obiwan, but nothing else of importance.
- Target #4: Bare pegs and shelves, the only SW item was a non-electronic lightsaber.

Though I didn't find a lot of stuff I wanted, it was nice to see that 7 of the 8 stores at least had something that had came out in the last month.

Then on monday, my Target exclusive A-Wing came to me in the mail, what a sweet looking ship. And no matter what anyone might say, well worth the $20 when compared to the previous POTF2 A-Wing.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 12:23 AM »
Lately it's been going very well.  Yesterday, I found all three CW bonus packs.  Today, both new Screen Scenes and the Emperor wave.  So I'm completely caught up for the first time in... forever.   :)

And if you're a LOTR collector, it's hog heaven right now, too.   ;D

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Got the Hoth pack yesterday at TRU and picked up a Pit  of Carkoon Boba and a Destoyer Droid. If I woulda had more money I woulda grabbed the lolipop Mace and the Droid Builder.

I also put in an order for Bariss Offee and Aayla Secura through Legends so hopefully they still have 'em in stock.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 10:56 PM »
I guess it could be worse, I could live in Canada    . (just joshin' you canucks).

Oh that it weren't true.  But for Matt, Scott and Jim I'd be out of the hobby again.  My luck has been pretty bad lately especially with Newforce.  First the wave 13 fiasco and now the screen scenes have been cancelled on me (and others) as well.  I've got unleashed, wave 17 case and my convention Kirk on order through there.  I already think I am SOL with Kirk as Rick just ain't answering that question when I ask.  I sorely hope I eat my words.  

There have been surprising bright spots.  I managed to find both the Bounty Hunter and Hoth four packs up here (although in between releases the price seems to have risen by $5 ::))  Uh, actually that's all I've seen here at retail since Palpatine, Djas Puhr and I scored a Tatooine Attack Anakin and the Saga Maul.   :-\  That would be two four packs and four single carded figures since April.  2002.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2003, 11:43 PM »
My hunts have been wallet-strainingly successful in the last couple of weeks, and I couldn't be happier. Or broker. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2003, 12:54 AM »
My hunts have been wallet-strainingly successful in the last couple of weeks, and I couldn't be happier. Or broker. :)

Same here!   ;D
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2003, 01:45 AM »
My hunts go on. Not doing to bad with the help from the gang down south. Trading & buying helps out in long run. Not a lot to be found up here as Brent mentioned but I guess we make due with what we can get!  :-\